A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café

The Library Café Come in, relax, and get to know the other members of this site. Share your hobbies and interests, along with general news of your life.

Old Jul 15 2017, 09:35 AM   #1
zozobraswife
Muskie

Fan of: Dragonflight
Default D. M. Domini?

Hi

I'm mainly a lurker here. I am posting because I followed D. M. Domini (dmdomini) at AO3. I would check in every so often to catch updates of her fanfic. I particularly enjoyed the Day Benden Went to War. Suddenly, all of her accounts are down and the fics are gone. Does anyone know if they are archived somewhere or what has happened?

Last edited by zozobraswife; Jul 17 2017 at 08:08 AM.
zozobraswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17 2017, 06:14 AM   #2
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: D. M. Domini?

Her account here still exists and last visit by that account was June 7, 2017, so just over a month ago. The web domain mentioned with her Meeting of Minds account is no longer active though (www.dmdomini.com) and for sale again, so can't check anything through WHOIS.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17 2017, 08:38 AM   #3
zozobraswife
Muskie

Thanks Hans! I've been a fan of Anne's book since I was about twelve and I'm over forty now. I think D.M. Domini's Pern/Talent crossover is just brilliant.

Having read a lot of fanfic from various sources over the years, I know to download/save anything that I like well enough to reread. I've manage to use the internet archive to capture about half of The Day Benden Went to War but the loss of the rest is disappointing.

Also, I hope that D.M. Domini is okay. Maybe there is a happy reason for the accounts to be abruptly taken down....like the launch of a successful writing career. It has happened before to other fanfic writers. I'll keep my fingers crossed that maybe someone here has the fic archived.
Old Jul 17 2017, 02:32 PM   #4
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

She only posted the original first chapter here, I think.

http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=8197

I hope she's okay, too!

You could try sneding her a private mesage from here; the system will saend her an email that you have done so. Provided that the email address she registered with is still active of course.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18 2017, 03:56 PM   #5
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

I only have chapter 1 of this archived; though I do have quite a lot of Domini's other work.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:56 PM   #6
zozobraswife
Muskie

I heard from D.M. Domini. She is well! She took down her accounts to focus on her original fiction. She shared the pdf of the fic that I wanted too
Old Today, 09:00 PM   #7
Kugai
Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan

Fan of: Tower and Hive Series
Now Reading: Whatever takes my fancy at the moment

Damn!!!

It's sad when a favorite Author does that. We miss out on his or her stories that we love and can't get them back.

Homepage
FreeBabylon5
FreeBabylon5 Website
Kugai is offline   Reply With Quote