A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Beyond Anne McCaffrey

Beyond Anne McCaffrey We know Anne's not the only author you read and enjoy. Come here to discuss and discover authors beyond Anne!

Old Dec 4 2004, 11:40 PM   #1
Shani
Inactive

Default Kate Forsyth

Kate wrote the 'Witches if Eilianan' series. VERY good books with a lot of twists and surprises to keep you reading and interested.
THe society is made up of Witches who escaped prosecution on earth and their families and followers, set a couple of centuries after the original group arrived. Persecution has begun all over again and so the story goes on, Brilliant books and were responsible for many a very long night for me!
Shani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5 2004, 06:45 PM   #2
R'zil
Loo Cow

Fan of: Pern and Talent Series
Default Re: Kate Forsyth

I started the first book after you mentioned it on the earlier incarnation of MOM and really enjoyed it. Now I've (finally) found the second book "Pool of the Two Moons" and have just started it. Really enjoyed the first book and looking forward to the rest.
R'zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7 2004, 04:14 AM   #3
kitsch
Inactive

I too had a lot of trouble tracking them down - had to order the first one in the series from Australian Online Bookshop, and the second from Amazon Marketplace. When I'm finished with the biography of Mary Queen of Scots I have in my bag I'm going to get on with the third in the Witches series.
kitsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7 2004, 08:39 AM   #4
R'zil
Loo Cow

Fan of: Pern and Talent Series

I found the first one in my local used bookstore, then after hitting almost every bookstore in town for almost a week I found vol 2 and 3 at Barnes and Noble (pricey but I bot them anyway). Just found vol 5 at the same half price store I found the first one. Hopefully I'll find vol 4 before I finish 3!
R'zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12 2004, 03:22 PM   #5
Beisla
Northblue Spirit

I have the first book in the series (bought in on kitch's recommendation ) but haven't had time to read it yet. (Had a little project in November ) but will do so SOON!
Beisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16 2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Kathryn Draconna

Default Kate Forsyth

Has anyone else here read any of Kate Forsyth's books? She wrote the Witches of Eileanan series among other things, and I love her writing. I'll give a small list of her series works below so anyone can see some of what she's written. I would love to know what others have thought of her works.

Witches of Eileanan:
Dragonclaw
Pool of Two Moons, The
Cursed Towers, The
Forbidden Land, The
Skull of the World, The
The Fathomless Caves

Rhiannon's Ride :
The Tower of Ravens
The Shining City
The Heart of Stars
Old Feb 20 2007, 10:25 AM   #7
Kathryn Draconna

Thank you to the kind staff person that added my post to the already existing topic

Those of you that were planning to read this in 2004-2005, did you get to read the series and what did you think if you did?