A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café

The Library Café Come in, relax, and get to know the other members of this site. Share your hobbies and interests, along with general news of your life.

Old Feb 8 2017, 08:21 PM   #41
Anareth
Journeywoman Healer

Fan of: Pern, Ship Series
Now Reading: Girl Genius (read it!)
Default Re: The Future of Fan-fic

It's not really "fan fic" but I do wish the estate would just allow anthologies (open or invitation-only, whatever) set on Pern by other people. Set the rules it can't be Ninth Pass or no new colors, or whatever (though as far as characters go Misty Lackey let someone write a Valdemar short for an anthology that starred Vanyel from 'The Last Herald-Mage' and the world didn't end), but let people other than Todd and Gigi have a go. The Valdemar anthologies are a lot of fun.
Anareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9 2017, 08:35 AM   #42
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

They are Anareth, I read them with pleasure! But then, I suppose Misty and Larry are the ones who have the final vote in what goes in and what never will be published

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11 2017, 11:04 PM   #43
Anareth
Journeywoman Healer

Fan of: Pern, Ship Series
Now Reading: Girl Genius (read it!)

Oh, yes, that's how ANY anthology of anything works-someone has to edit it. And editors make calls on what gets in and what doesn't. Since Misty edits them herself, one assumes she has the final say. I doubt very much there's any really horrible stuff submitted. I would really enjoy seeing what other authors who enjoy Pern would do with the material, especially more male writers and more with a slightly harder SF background.
Anareth is offline   Reply With Quote