A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Beyond Anne McCaffrey

Beyond Anne McCaffrey We know Anne's not the only author you read and enjoy. Come here to discuss and discover authors beyond Anne!

Old Jun 18 2020, 02:21 AM   #1
Goldlizard
Muskie

Fan of: DragonHarper
Now Reading: The Renegades of Pern
Default Has anyone else read Patricia Briggs's books about Mercy Thompson?

Other than the Pern books, this has to be my favorite series of all time, and I LOVE too many books to really pick a favorite.

Moon Called is the first in the series. They're set in Southeastern WA, USA in a 3 town area we locals like to call the Tri-Cities (Pasco, Richland, and Kennewick). I'm not sure if I was drawn to it first because it's set in a place only an hour from my house or if it was the genre, but once I started reading I couldn't stop.

No spoilers, but basically Mercy is a shape-shifting coyote (perfect for a desert area tbh), who lives next door to the Alpha werewolf. She owns her own auto body shop, where she works exclusively on VW vehicles, that she bought from a old Fae with an affinity for metal (while metal actually hurts all other Fae in the world). Oh, and there's vampires, ghosts, sorcerers, and witches that the humans aren't aware of roaming the world.

So while you are deciding on what to read next, go check out Moon Called. You won't regret it.
Goldlizard is offline   Reply With Quote