A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room

Book Collector's Meeting Room Whether you're an experienced collector or just starting out, this is the place to discuss Anne's books in all their various bindings, languages, and cover art.

Old May 20 2013, 03:59 PM   #1
MontanaMichael
Muskie

Fan of: Renegades of Pern
Default isbn listing?

i have been trying to find an ISBN listing for all of Anne McCaffrey's works and just dont seem to find what i am looking for. thru many searches i have managed to get all the DelRey hardcover listings. am i missing it here? thanks
MontanaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 04:19 AM   #2
Kath
Starsmith

Weyrwoman

Fan of: Moreta
Default Re: isbn listing?

Can you not just read the details off the amazon pages for each title, and then search out any gaps more specifically? What do you need it for?
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 07:36 AM   #3
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

Remember, the English and American versions have different ISBN numbers: the English Dragonquest paperback Corgi edition is 0-552-11635-1; the American paperback Delrey edition is 0-234-33508-2. The hardbacks are different again and so are all the foreign language editions.

To compile a database of every one of them would be rather large.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Kath
Starsmith

Weyrwoman

Fan of: Moreta

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'ter View Post
Remember, the English and American versions have different ISBN numbers: the English Dragonquest paperback Corgi edition is 0-552-11635-1; the American paperback Delrey edition is 0-234-33508-2. The hardbacks are different again and so are all the foreign language editions.

To compile a database of every one of them would be rather large.
That's why I asked what they wanted it for. Simply assembling a list of isbns is a phenomenally pointless task.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2013, 03:40 AM   #5
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Google "title" ISBN and you got them all except that Google provides only the numbers and not the editions.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16 2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Mausey
Darbul

To make things even worse, sometimes if the book is reprinted, that issue will have a different number as well.
Mausey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15 2013, 03:29 PM   #7
DragonBuddy
Linyaari

Fan of: CS, Freedom, and Pern
Now Reading: Black Horses for the King

I checked my copy of Anne Inez McCaffrey:Fourty Years of Publishing An International Bibliography by Mathew Hargreaves and the ISBN numbers are listed in the books description when possible. Are there certain books you need the ISBN?

When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left over, I buy food and clothes.~Desiderius Erasmus
DragonBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6 2014, 10:33 PM   #8
MontanaMichael
Muskie

Fan of: Renegades of Pern

hi all, thanks for the tips here. i have been using abebooks.com to find boooks in the pern series i am collecting. currently i am looking for the delray hardback books and i now own 12 of Anne's books. besides collecting the books i reread every book as i find it and receive it. all my books are first print/first edition and most are in very fine condition. one is even autographed by Anne and the cover artist. i sure love rereading these books!
MontanaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7 2014, 07:02 AM   #9
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Looks ike your collection is well on its way then, Michael.

If you want to, you may post a wishlist here. Maybe fans here can help you out, you never know!

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7 2014, 08:04 AM   #10
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Fan of: No One Noticed The Cat

Could be. I have a huge box of books I'm not keeping due to book shelf crowding. They are mostly paperbacks but I think there's some hardcovers in there. I have no idea if there are Delray or not as I never collected, just bought to read. A list of what you want would be helpful, even if just to say "nope, don't have any of those".
Priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote