A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Beyond Anne McCaffrey

Beyond Anne McCaffrey We know Anne's not the only author you read and enjoy. Come here to discuss and discover authors beyond Anne!

Old Nov 13 2014, 04:28 AM   #41
McClance
Dragon Ambassador

Fan of: Pern & Doona
Now Reading: Fantastic Voyage
Default Re: Draconia: Forging Trust

Draconia: Fractured Dream

Draconia: a world home to a race of intelligent dragons--the Draconians. Hatching: a Human colony established on Draconia for a 10-year trial period. During this time Draconians and Humans would learn to trust each other and form a peaceful co-existence. In exchange, the Earth Union would protect the planet from invaders.

Seven years have passed since the Treaty was established. For seven years, Draconians and the Humans of Hatching have lived in peace. The friendship between Varthikes and Audwin McClance has blossomed into a brotherhood. It was all about to change...

The Earth Union has become lax in upholding their end of the Treaty. Loyal Providence, Humans who oppose the Treaty, and Commander Slikmac of the lizard-like Norseen, who seeks to control the Draconians, have formed an alliance. Together, they launch a devastating attack on Draconia, provoking a renegade group of Draconians into attacking the colony.

Varthikes and Audwin race to repair the fracture in their dream of a peaceful co-existence, battling invading Norseen, enduring the brand of traitor from both sides, and tests to their friendship.

Ebook now available now for pre-ordering from Apple, Barnes and Noble, and Kobo. It will launch December 15, 2014.

Draconia: Rehatching

The Treaty between Draconia and the Earth Union was in shreds. The experimental colony of Hatching, a product of that Treaty, was to be removed from Draconia. Varthikes and Audwin's dream of a peaceful co-existence between their two kinds seemed lost. Forces from Earth were closing in to avenge what was believed to have been an unprovoked attack on the colony. Norseen forces were also closing. Renegade Draconians still remained to ensure all aliens are repelled from their world. Enemies were everywhere.

Hope still existed, however. Captain Mark Johnson of the United Earth Space Fleet is determined to defend Draconia against all threats--Norseen and Human. Malcon Ambassador Cairleeta has devised a plan to save Draconia and the colony. But, ultimately, it is up to Varthikes and Audwin, and the power of their friendship, to ensure their home survives the Norseen invasion to be rehatched.

Ebook now available now for pre-ordering from Apple, Barnes and Noble, and Kobo (give it a day or two). It will launch on January 1, 2015.
Old Nov 23 2014, 12:25 AM   #42
Spock
Jewel Junk

Fan of: The Smallest Dragon Boy
Now Reading: DragonWriter

I just checked Amazon and this book is no longer available. Do you know if another edition will be printed or if there is another place to buy it?
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23 2014, 01:28 AM   #43
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain

Wave I just ask for a Kindle version, I know I have in paperback. Sorry I haven't written a review, I haven't quite finish reading all the way

Sometime translate my thought can be very hard.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23 2014, 03:16 AM   #44
McClance
Dragon Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
I just checked Amazon and this book is no longer available. Do you know if another edition will be printed or if there is another place to buy it?
Would an electronic copy work for you?
Old Nov 23 2014, 06:43 PM   #45
Spock
Jewel Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClance View Post
Would an electronic copy work for you?
I have an iMac and an iPad, both of which have multiple e-readers so, yes, I suppose it would. Where can I find an ebook version for sale?
Old Nov 23 2014, 06:56 PM   #46
McClance
Dragon Ambassador

Almost anywhere that sells ebooks. There's a kindle version on Amazon. Also, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Smashwords.

The ebook version is better anyway. I corrected most of the mistakes that made it through into the print version.
Old Nov 23 2014, 11:12 PM   #47
Spock
Jewel Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClance View Post
Almost anywhere that sells ebooks. There's a kindle version on Amazon. Also, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Smashwords.

The ebook version is better anyway. I corrected most of the mistakes that made it through into the print version.
Got it, thanks. You might consider putting up a link for the ebook version as well.

[Added]
I think I will wait on the other two until I see if I like the first one. It looks good but I've found that I sometimes don't like books that looked good to others in reviews. At least you've made one more sale with a future possibility of two more.

[Added2, ~ 0134, 11/24]
OK, I can see I'm in trouble here. I have been reading since shortly after getting the ebook and have managed to reach chapter 8. I have read better books before but I also have many in my collection that aren't as good. If the rest holds up to the same or better level of story telling, I may be forced to get the remaining two ebooks. My biggest problem is that I'm reading it on my Mac and a 27" monitor is a bit much to take to bed and read from.

[Added3, ~ 0616,11/24]
OK, finished reading the entire ebook. There were a few grammar and spelling errors but they were easy to ignore. I found the story easy to follow and enjoy. I think with a bit more polish, the series could well stand besides other similar stories I have read by more established authors. Well done.

Darn, now I will be "forced" to get the next two.

Last edited by Spock; Nov 24 2014 at 06:20 AM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12 2014, 09:49 AM   #48
McClance
Dragon Ambassador

Thanks, Spock.

Actually, my last reviewer on Goodreads put the first book on the level of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern.

Also on Goodreads, I posted some excerpts of the next two books.

Fractured Dream

Rehatching

I plan to add one more to Rehatching, sometime this weekend probably.
Old Mar 27 2016, 09:24 PM   #49
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain

https://mercedesfoxbooks.com/meet-au...subscription-5

I'm known to do some Volunteer Public Relations, for folks, and here one I spotted and now sharing .
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote