A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room

Book Collector's Meeting Room Whether you're an experienced collector or just starting out, this is the place to discuss Anne's books in all their various bindings, languages, and cover art.

Old Feb 18 2010, 05:11 PM   #1
Tamara Henson
Golden Flier

Fan of: All the Weyrs of Pern
Now Reading: The Ship Who Sang by Anne McCaffrey
Default I found Pern Clipart

Hi, I am new to this forum. Indeed I found it while trying to find more information on four pieces of Pern Clipart I found in a CD I bought at my local 99 cent store.

The CD was called Witches and Wizards edited by Jon Gustafson (former officer of the Association of Science Fiction & Fantasy Artists according to the CD's cover). The CD was published by Simply Software (C) 1997-2008. According to the company webpage the CD is now out of print but they still have a lot at our local Dollar Tree.

The clip art is free to use as long as the artist name and copyright notice is kept attached and no one pays money for whatever the art is used on/in.

All of the Pern art is by Ingrid Nielson and is (C) 1996. I do not know what prject that the art was originally used for but many of the pieces in the CD were originally book covers or promosional pieces for conventions.

The first piece is in the folder marked "Creach" and features Jaxom and Ruth.
The second is in the "Witches" folder and depicts a girl with a Tamborine surrounded by firelizards. There are actually two of this piece, one in color and one a black and white line drawing.

The third and fourth picture are both line drawings of what appears to be Piemur. In the first he is playing a flute and in the second he is playing drums. In both there are three fire lizards fliting about him.

As I can not figure out how to download pictures from my computer I put the pics on my blog http://cid-33ced5435f5a2d6b.spaces.l...2D6B!201.entry

If anyone has any information I would appriciate it. Thank You.
Tamara Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18 2010, 05:55 PM   #2
AnnMarie
Momma Wolf
Weyrwoman

Fan of: Pern and Talent
Now Reading: The Name of the Rose
Default Re: I found Pern Clipart

Um, that first one might be Ruth, but that is NOT Jaxom riding unless the Lord Holder of Ruatha had a sex change!
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18 2010, 06:50 PM   #3
Tamara Henson
Golden Flier

Oh it is a girl, I did't notice

In any case all I know is that the artist does a lot of sci-fi and fantasy art for cons. I just wondered what these pics were oriinally drawn for as all the art in the CD is from previously published works.
Old Feb 18 2010, 09:28 PM   #4
~(_'>

Nice pictures. Menolly and Piemur, for sure, prolly...Lessa, and Ramoth, in black and white.

http://www.dragoncon.org/dc_guest_detail.php?id=947

Last edited by ~(_'>; Feb 18 2010 at 09:51 PM.
~(_'> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19 2010, 02:52 AM   #5
Cavatica
Selkie

Fan of: Pern, Talents
Now Reading: Just finished: House of Suns

Ha! I have a color print of the one of Menolly, somewhere. I bought it at DragonCon many many moons ago.
Cavatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19 2010, 03:47 AM   #6
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

Considering how many people mistook Menolly for a boy, that picture of her is a tad buxom.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19 2010, 04:11 AM   #7
Samsara
Dragon Healer

Fan of: PERN!!!
Now Reading: Restoree
Smile Re: I found Pern Clipart

Interesting! I have never seen these before... thanks for sharing.
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19 2010, 04:41 AM   #8
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Thanks for posting them.

Not sure if these were illegal or not. Ingrid might have been involved with the project of making an animated movie of the Pern books. Her name sounds familiar.

If you have no objection (to be mentioned as the person who brought this to ur attention) I'd gladly put them up in the Art Gallery of the Pern Museum.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19 2010, 06:05 PM   #9
Tamara Henson
Golden Flier

Thanks Hans, I would be honored.

I have heard that an animated version of Pern was made but mysteriously dissapeared. I had thought that I had seen such a show as a child in late 70's but I found out later that I was remembering an episode of the filmation cartoon The Freedom Force called "The Dragon Riders".

Another cartoon that I think people are mistaking for Pern is Hearts Blood by Jane Yolen. It was in one of those "Book of the Week" specials so common in the mid to late 1980's. I tried to get that carton on VHS several times but was foiled by it beng replaced by Football or the President every time it aired!

Interestingly the comentary for one of the Filmation series I own (I don't remember which one, I have six so I will have to rewatch them all and check) said that Filmation had made plans for a Pern cartoon series (in the late 1970's early 80's) but the network decided that Sci-fi didin't get good ratings so cancelled it before it aired. Maybe the images are based on this project?

Last edited by Tamara Henson; Feb 19 2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old Feb 19 2010, 09:28 PM   #10
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain
2cent Re: I found Pern Clipart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Henson View Post
Interestingly the comentary for one of the Filmation series I own (I don't remember which one, I have six so I will have to rewatch them all and check) said that Filmation had made plans for a Pern cartoon series (in the late 1970's early 80's) but the network decided that Sci-fi didin't get good ratings so cancelled it before it aired. Maybe the images are based on this project?
Which ones do you have on tape? for I think they did Sci-Fic Western Called BraveStar I think in the early 80" Our local Family Vidio Store had in the kids section, but it remind of two other I think on the same theme safety message on the end.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21 2010, 08:23 AM   #11
Golden Talisath
Dragonrider storyteller
Junior Weyrwoman

Fan of: F'lar and Lessa, DF
Now Reading: My university books

Wait a second! Couldn’t that first picture of Piemur be mistaken as such, ‘cause I would say that's Menolly rather than Piemur.
But, the pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~(_'> View Post
Lessa, and Ramoth, in black and white.
Maybe, but I would think Ramoth a little too small on this picture. Maybe some other dragon and her rider? Mirrim and Path?
Who do you think the girl with the tambourine is?

From the Weyr and from the Bowl
Bronze and Brown and Blue and Green,
Rise the dragonmen of Pern,
Aloft, on wing, seen, then unseen.
Dragonman avoid excess
Greed will bring the Weyr distress;
To the ancient Laws adhere,
Prospers thus the Dragon-weyr.
Golden Talisath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21 2010, 02:50 PM   #12
Tamara Henson
Golden Flier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyStar View Post
Which ones do you have on tape? for I think they did Sci-Fic Western Called BraveStar I think in the early 80" Our local Family Vidio Store had in the kids section, but it remind of two other I think on the same theme safety message on the end.
I have Blackstar, Flash Gordon, The Best of He-man, the Best of She-Ra, The Space Sentinels/Freedom Force, The New Adventures of Batman, and Tarzan.

I know Pern is mentioned somewhere in Blackstar but there is a more extensive quote elsewhere (I think it may be in Flash Gordon). I will post both quotes but I need to watch all the comentaries first in order to fnd them
Old Feb 21 2010, 02:58 PM   #13
Tamara Henson
Golden Flier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Talisath View Post
Wait a second! Couldn’t that first picture of Piemur be mistaken as such, ‘cause I would say that's Menolly rather than Piemur.
But, the pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!

Maybe, but I would think Ramoth a little too small on this picture. Maybe some other dragon and her rider? Mirrim and Path?
Who do you think the girl with the tambourine is?

I have no idea who the tambourine girl is, as I don't remember Menolly ever using such an instriment. The piper loks like a boy to me - but then again so did the dragonrider at first

As for the dragonrider, I don't think it couldent be anyone but Ruth as the picture is not in Black & White, the rider's boots are colored brown and there is some blue in the background. Maybe it is Sharra or even the artist herself?

They seem to definatly be Pern dragons as the other dragons drawn by this same artist are all of the traditional western or oriental type and look nothing like these Whelan-derived pictures.
Old Feb 22 2010, 07:44 AM   #14
Golden Talisath
Dragonrider storyteller
Junior Weyrwoman

Quote:
The piper loks like a boy to me - but then again so did the dragonrider at first
Let it be your way, but in my eyes, it sure looks like a girl. Seeing as how most people mistake Menolly for a boy, and, if I remember right, in the books, she is described as being boyish, with short hair.

Quote:
As for the dragonrider, I don't think it couldent be anyone but Ruth as the picture is not in Black & White, the rider's boots are colored brown and there is some blue in the background. Maybe it is Sharra or even the artist herself?
Yeah, you’re right, now that I look at it better, it does have colour in it. Hmmm… interesting.

Dragonman avoid excess

Last edited by Golden Talisath; Feb 22 2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old Feb 22 2010, 07:55 AM   #15
AnnMarie
Momma Wolf
Weyrwoman

Fan of: Pern and Talent
Now Reading: The Name of the Rose

The piper looks like Menolly to me. The tamborine player...who knows? Menolly was said to have short hair, and mistaken for a boy by several people, so it AIN'T her.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2010, 03:40 PM   #16
Anareth
Journeywoman Healer

Fan of: Pern, Ship Series
Now Reading: Girl Genius (read it!)

Dragon/rider is a girl (uh..Sharra? That's my story, anyway...) Tambourine, girl (and I hope to high heaven she's got a bodysuit or pants on under that skirt 'cause damn, girl). Pipes...I would guess boy, the legs don't look female to me, and while the hair could go either way the body is more boyish (Menolly had kind of wild hair, not short--I think she is supposed to look exactly like an Irish friend of Anne's, and I've always seen "official" drawings of Menolly with longer hair). Drums, boy.

Of course the way Pern art usually goes I'm just impressed the dragons and frelizards have six limbs.
Anareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23 2010, 06:48 PM   #17
Tamara Henson
Golden Flier

I looked through my videos and DVDs and found the Pern animated series quote I remembered. I thought that there were two quotes in two different series but I could only find the one in Blackstar so I must have been mistaken.

Blackstar was a 1881 Filmation cartoon series that was a sort of hybrid between Edgar Rice Burroughs Mars series and the Lord of the Rings. It was the direct ancestor of He-Man and it was about an astronaut named John Blackstar who is swept through a black hole and crashes into another planet. There he is rescued by tree hobbits (called “Trobbits”) and with his faithful green dragon Warlock he protected the sacred Sagar Tree from the evil warlord.

The quotes below are from Blackstar: The Complete Series DVD by Ink & Paint. I got my copy last year for $14.99 at Best Buy. The quote is in the commentary for episode 2: Search for the Starsword, near the beginning when Andy Mangels asks Lou Scheimer about the dragon Blackstar rides in the show.
Quote:

Andy: You said that some of the development of this came from you being a fan of fantasy novels, have you ever thought of adapting fantasy novels for...

Lou: Yeh, just always just a little to late. I tried to get uh oh god...

Andy: Anne McCaffrey?

Lou: Anne McCaffrey! Well we had the rights to uh, um the series...wha, well... I'd read the story. The story about the birth of the little baby dragon… I can't remember...

Andy: Her Dragonriders of Pern Series?

Lou: Yah and it was just a beautiful story and I just wanted to do a special based on it. And I can't remember exactly how, were talking about almost 25- 30 years ago, and I got in touch with her, perhaps through her agent, I don’t know.

And she was a terrific lady! She came into our studio, we talked about it for a long time and we did, we had a deal with her to do to… that is… present the dragonriders and they didn't sell. I mean the problem is we had to go to the networks and the guys at the networks were the buyers and they were really not into sci-fi.
They then change the subject. Thus the Pern cartoon so often mentioned was a Filmation project that was axed by the network. Most Filmation shows were on NBC so maybe that explains things.

On the subject of clipart I found two more pictures in the same source that I apparently overlooked. Both are two views of a statue depicting a hatchling Ramoth and Lessa by Lisa Snellings. I wanted to put them up on the blog so you can see them but for some reason I keep getting a message saying that I am not allowed to view the site Its probably the site, I will try again in a few days.

Last edited by Tamara Henson; Oct 6 2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote to make it more legable
Old Feb 23 2010, 10:51 PM   #18
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow

I got a clip art cd also from a dollar store a few years back called dinos & dragons. It has a lot of Pern type dragons on it. I love it, it was the best dollar I ever spent.

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24 2010, 02:08 AM   #19
GinnyStar
Dolphineer
Craftmaster

Fan of: Pern, other SF works
Now Reading: Dragonback Bargain
Green Re: I found Pern Clipart

Quote:
I looked through my videos and DVDs and found the Pern animated series quote I remembered. I thought that there were two quotes in two different series but I could only find the one in Blackstar so I must have been mistaken.

Blackstar was a 1881 Filmation cartoon series that was a sort of hybrid between Edgar Rice Burroughs Mars series and the Lord of the Rings. It was the direct ancestor of He-Man and it was about an astronaut named John Blackstar who is swept through a black hole and crashes into another planet. There he is rescued by tree hobbits (called “Trobbits”) and with his faithful green dragon Warlock he protected the sacred Sagar Tree from the evil warlord.

The quotes below are from Blackstar: The Complete Series DVD by Ink & Paint. I got my copy last year for $14.99 at Best Buy. The quote is in the commentary for episode 2: Search for the Starsword, near the beginning when Andy Mangels asks Lou Scheimer about the dragon Blackstar rides in the show.

Andy: You said that some of the development of this came from you being a fan of fantasy novels, have you ever thought of adapting fantasy novels for...

Lou: Yeh, just always just a little to late. I tried to get uh oh god...

Andy: Anne McCaffrey?

Lou: Anne McCaffrey! Well we had the rights to uh, um the series...wha, well... I'd read the story. The story about the birth of the little baby dragon… I can't remember...

Andy: Her Dragonriders of Pern Series?

Lou: Yah and it was just a beautiful story and I just wanted to do a special based on it. And I can't remember exactly how, were talking about almost 25- 30 years ago, and I got in touch with her, perhaps through her agent, I don’t know.

And she was a terrific lady! She came into our studio, we talked about it for a long time and we did, we had a deal with her to do to… that is… present the dragonriders and they didn't sell. I mean the problem is we had to go to the networks and the guys at the networks were the buyers and they were really not into sci-fi.

They then change the subject. Thus the Pern cartoon so often mentioned was a Filmation project that was axed by the network. Most Filmation shows were on NBC so maybe that explains things.

On the subject of clipart I found two more pictures in the same source that I apparently overlooked. Both are two views of a statue depicting a hatchling Ramoth and Lessa by Lisa Snellings. I wanted to put them up on the blog so you can see them but for some reason I keep getting a message saying that I am not allowed to view the site Its probably the site, I will try again in a few days.
I know the feeling, thanks for posting on this.
Dragoncave GinnyStar2
Jellied Dragons
Lair of Dragons
http://dragcave.net/user/GinnyStar2
Thanks! Others: None at this time
WIP http://archiveofourown.org/works/252259
http://www.daisy.org/learning-difficulties
GinnyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24 2010, 02:32 AM   #20
Hans
Master Archivist

Uhm, if that was in the earky eighties that might have been the deal that cost Anne a bundle of money to get out... I know she desperately tried (and succeded) to get the right back after it became clear that the production company wanted to "rape and murder" her Pern.

Not sure about this, of course, because there is not enough information to go by but at least it is in the correct time frame.

Ah well, all water under the bridge. Rights are hopefuly safe with Copperheart now.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Old Feb 24 2010, 02:21 PM   #21
Golden Talisath
Dragonrider storyteller
Junior Weyrwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anareth View Post
Dragon/rider is a girl (uh..Sharra? That's my story, anyway...) Tambourine, girl (and I hope to high heaven she's got a bodysuit or pants on under that skirt 'cause damn, girl). Pipes...I would guess boy, the legs don't look female to me, and while the hair could go either way the body is more boyish (Menolly had kind of wild hair, not short--I think she is supposed to look exactly like an Irish friend of Anne's, and I've always seen "official" drawings of Menolly with longer hair). Drums, boy.

Of course the way Pern art usually goes I'm just impressed the dragons and frelizards have six limbs.
About the Menolly thing - I don't know, her/his face looks girlish to me, there's something about it, so I just thought...
Anyway, the pictures are still great, and, like you said, seeing what people do to Pern and dragons while drawing them, these are one of the better ones!

Dragonman avoid excess
Old Feb 24 2010, 02:28 PM   #22
Tamara Henson
Golden Flier

I got the Lessa & Ramoth clipart up today. It can be found on
http://cid-33ced5435f5a2d6b.spaces.live.com/?lc=1033
not the best art but interesting to see.
Old Feb 24 2010, 07:44 PM   #23
Samsara
Dragon Healer

Fan of: PERN!!!
Now Reading: Restoree

I think this staue is quite sweet. I love the way they are hugging each other!
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2010, 02:47 PM   #24
Golden Talisath
Dragonrider storyteller
Junior Weyrwoman

Quote:
I got the Lessa & Ramoth clipart up today. It can be found on
http://cid-33ced5435f5a2d6b.spaces.live.com/?lc=1033
not the best art but interesting to see.
I agree - Lessa's ok, but Ramoth... Still, it's a very nice and accurate piece of art, and whoever did it got the scene and emotions from that scene so good. They're so cute!

Dragonman avoid excess
Old Mar 7 2010, 11:29 PM   #25
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

WOW Tamara...what a treat to get to see these. I think I will have to go and see if I can find the same Clip Art disc at my local *Dollar Tree*. I love it all...especially the sculptures...they are delightful.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3 2011, 07:45 PM   #26
Tamara Henson
Golden Flier

Green Re: I found Pern Clipart

Well my blog is gone thanks to a bunch of scamming hackers so I uploaded the clipart to photobucket if anyone wants to see them. In addition even more pern art was contained yet another ASFA clip-art cd called Sci-Fi & Fantasy Clipart: Atlantis to the Stars Edited by Jon Gustafson that I recently found in a thrift store. Among these are several of the cards by Ellisa H. Mitchell. Maybe you can use these Hans as many are not found on your website?

http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/...ern%20Clipart/

These clipart images are free to use as long as the resulting work is distributed for free and the copyright notice is included. Or in the words of the clipart package:

Quote:
NO illustration may be used, reproduced, or disseminated by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system without prior written permission of the artist, for any purpose except as specifically provided herein.
No fee is charged for the finished product.
The finished product is not part of another product or service for which a fee is charged.
The illustration is not used in advertising for a for-profit product or service.
The copyright line adjacent to the illustration appears in the finished work.
If the illustration is used in a video sequence or multimedia presentation,the copyright line appears at the end of the presentation as follows:
(Some)illustration(s) Copyright 1995, (The Artist's Name)

Illustrations may be altered and/or colorized, however the copyright on the derivative work automatically becomes the sole property and copyright of the original artist.
And here are my favorites...

Old Oct 4 2011, 02:59 AM   #27
Hans
Master Archivist

Thanks Tamara, I should have put these up and I must admit to my shame I have mseveral of them. You seem to be missing what was generally the most popular one: white Ruth

These are not clipart but pictures used for a card set. Never found a set though.

I wonder if the original artists know their drawings are in a clipart database

You recognise these as Pern but it doesn't say so, right? I think the originals had titles underneath the drawings but I can't be sure as I am at work and can't browse my home files.

The bathing nude guy is new to me, haven't seen that one before I think. Wonder who it is supposed to be. F'nor? The dragon looks green though

Old Oct 4 2011, 12:45 PM   #28
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

I have a cd of dragons and dinos. Most of the pics you posted is on that cd. I got mine at a dollar store. It is my fav. dollar store purchess.

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

Old Oct 4 2011, 03:32 PM   #29
Hans
Master Archivist

Right, here's the two I have that are not shown above:

The one that's supposed to be Ruth bathing with the fire lizards:

And one called the Weyr, reading this depicted title you know for sure that Pern is depicted (although possibly illegally):

Old Oct 6 2011, 03:43 PM   #30
Tamara Henson
Golden Flier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
The bathing nude guy is new to me, haven't seen that one before I think. Wonder who it is supposed to be. F'nor? The dragon looks green though
I wondered this too. The date of the painting indicates it's the bathing F'nor from Dragonquest but the dragon is defiantly greenish, though too pale to be a true green. I think it's probably meant to be a bronze as Anne described her bronze dragons as golden green. Did F'lar ever have a bathing scene in early Pern? Of course it could just be the authors fantasy . I think it's a beautifully done picture though, especially as I have never seen it before.

I got the impression from the clipart packages introduction that the artists had donated the art for the project. The cards included in the clipart set are the Wyer, The Hold, The Hearth, and Ruth. Interesting how the runner beasts are depicted by unicorns, obviously the artist took Piemer's nickname of 'horn head' for Stupid literally. You can see all the rest of the art in this link:

http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Most don't say Pern but the style and subject matter indicate that they are.
Old Oct 6 2011, 04:07 PM   #31
Greenrider Tresa
The Contrary
Planetary Brain

Fan of: The Ship Who Searched
Now Reading: The Calhoun Collection, Nora Roberts

Guess I"m the only one who looks at the words without the ly to distinguish defiantly and definitely... hehe

Akhenaton? (c. B.C. 1375)
Egyptian King and Monotheist

Greenrider Tresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7 2011, 11:47 PM   #32
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Hans, I have both of those on my CD

Old Oct 13 2011, 06:20 PM   #33
Tamara Henson
Golden Flier

As I said the Wyer, The Hold, The Hearth, and Ruth cards (as well as a few unlabeled) cards are included on my photobucket site linked to above. Another couple of interesting pics that I never saw before are this one showing a scene from All the Wyers of Pern

and what I take to be a portrait of Kylara

And here are the unicorn runner beasts I mentioned earlier...

horn-head indeed!

PS. Check out the Pernese Dragons for Zoo Tycoon thread to see my own take on adding Anne's dragons to the 2nd edition of the game. I hope to make an entire Pern pack to release in time for Anne's Birthday next year. Please give me feedback and ideas.
Old Oct 14 2011, 11:04 AM   #34
Hans
Master Archivist

Yeah those horned runner beasts are funny!

Old Oct 16 2011, 10:17 PM   #35
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

The hold looks a bit too European in design...nice but not exactly my idea of Pern...
B U T...those horned heard beast....Whoa...those things look like a cross between an ugly Unicorn and a wild boar...YUCK!!!

BUT any new drawings with dragons are wonderful !

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote