A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > All the Rest

All the Rest One-offs, romances, fantasy novellas, short stories... If it's not in any of the above series - or it crosses the realms of multiple series - come discuss it here!

Old May 22 2008, 08:07 PM   #41
Emeraldrose
Holder
Drudge

Fan of: Dragonriders Series
Now Reading: The Great Hunt Robert Jordan
Default Re: New series(s)

I am a fan of the Dragonrider Series (although I prefer Anne's version to Todd's...his seem AU to me)....I have read The Rowan,Damia and Damia's children and only one of the singing ship stories....I am a bit leery of the combined series idea only because it would be so difficult to pull off.....reminds me of the Star Trek Next Generation meet the X-Men novel..
Emeraldrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2008, 08:41 PM   #42
Kugai
Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan

Fan of: Tower and Hive Series
Now Reading: Whatever takes my fancy at the moment

Whether a crossover works or not depends on how well it's written and how good the writer is. There are some good crossover fics out there as well as some bad ones.

Homepage
FreeBabylon5
FreeBabylon5 Website
Kugai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2008, 05:36 PM   #43
Emeraldrose
Holder
Drudge

Fan of: Dragonriders Series
Now Reading: The Great Hunt Robert Jordan

I was wondering if there would be any "new" stories re: the 9th Pass...after Skies of Pern perhaps...What about the settlement of that previously ignored continent/island?
It has been a few months since I have read the Dragonrider series but I seem to recall one story mentioning that thread that burrowed in became another lifeform (and no it was not tunnelsnakes ) would that aspect of thread play into a storyline re: the unexplored island/continent?....
Emeraldrose is offline   Reply With Quote