A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Talent: Pegasus, Tower & Hive, and Barque Cats

Old Apr 15 2007, 05:34 AM   #1
katemh

Big Grin Deneb and other planets

Hello Everyone,

As some of you may have noticed (in a previous thread), I am in the process in starting a Talent Pbem. I have decided to have the main setting Deneb - with other planets/Towers open for play as well. Right now, I am in the process of gathering information and fleshing out the site for future members.

I am currently in the process of moving, meaning most of my books are in boxes and some 1800 miles away. So, I'm not capable of flipping through the books for the information I need. I have noticed that a few of you are quite knowledgable about the books, the settings and characters.

If you wouldn't mind - would some of you be willing to share some of your knowledge? Right now, mostly what I need is information about Deneb itself. The people, animals, culture, society, etc.

I hope I can get some info out of you guys - I'm assuming many of you know more and have remembered more than I have.

-Kate
Old Apr 18 2007, 09:37 PM   #2
Gwina
Talent Telempath-Healer

Fan of: white dragon, tower/hive
Now Reading: Insurgent, The Last Apprentice, Damia (again)
Default Re: Deneb and other planets

Haha! I'm sorry, I just posted to your other thread first without reading this one. So, you're moving too? I guess I don't have an excuse then. BTW, I thought Deneb was a really good choice as the planets go. A good starting place. There's tons of geneology to follow. I'll see if I can remember anything to contribute. My books are in and out of boxes because I move in a month.
"Whatever zapped me seems to have burned off the outlived dross and stupidities any human collects along the way. I don't mind being two hundred and fifteen years old. In fact, it's fun, in a bizarre fashion."
Gwina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24 2007, 06:09 PM   #3
granath
Talent
Tower Prime

Fan of: Afra Lyon
Now Reading: Faye Upton: Dragonchoice 3

Uuuh. I always seem to get Iota Aurigae and Deneb flora & fauna confused. All I basically remember about Deneb is that it was attacked by the Hivers.

The problem with setting up a Talent PBEM on a canon world is that it leaves less scope for the imagination. I used to play at a Talent PBEM called Dyani, but it seems to have disappeared. I haven't written anything in over 18 months and have received two or three stories in that time.
granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25 2007, 04:21 PM   #4
Gwina
Talent Telempath-Healer

Oh, that's true. I've never played a PBEM. I was looking up all the rules last night, mostly from a variety of sites. Then wrote Kate saying I would give it a shot, without writing out a character sheet first. I'm stumped now because the books only tell you so much about Deneb and I would hate to mess it up.
"Whatever zapped me seems to have burned off the outlived dross and stupidities any human collects along the way. I don't mind being two hundred and fifteen years old. In fact, it's fun, in a bizarre fashion."
Old Apr 25 2007, 04:45 PM   #5
Greenrider Tresa
The Contrary
Planetary Brain

Fan of: The Ship Who Searched
Now Reading: The Calhoun Collection, Nora Roberts

I don't look at the lack of information as a problem, but rather an opportunity to stretch my imagination. You've got room to fill in the gaps instead of trying to stick to what's been said.

Akhenaton? (c. B.C. 1375)
Egyptian King and Monotheist

Greenrider Tresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25 2007, 05:21 PM   #6
Gwina
Talent Telempath-Healer

aha, very true.
Old Apr 25 2007, 08:39 PM   #7
katemh

That was my thinking. Instead of setting it on one of the planets that was more fleshed out in the books... it would give members a bit of leeway with their imaginations. And that really is the whole point, right?

Kate
Old Apr 26 2007, 12:32 AM   #8
Gwina
Talent Telempath-Healer

::smiles:: Sounds good... I'll get the hang of it once I get into it.
Old Apr 28 2007, 04:52 PM   #9
katemh

I'm working on planet description and all right now and am hoping to have the site complete by the first week of May. So, keep checking in.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone who replied here and to my other thread - even though many of you said you wouldn't be able to join, just the interest is encouraging.

Thank you - Kate