A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Exhibit Hall > Thematic Photography

Thematic Photography For the posting of photos that fit with a chosen weekly theme.

Old Aug 22 2009, 06:05 AM   #41
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly
Default Re: 2: 8 Jun 2009: monument

Probably not: but it keeps you out of mischief.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24 2009, 06:28 PM   #42
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Fan of: DroP/Canth fangirl
Now Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

What Hans said on the photo, StevenB! Me likey. . . Did you hear about the online photo contest for AZ Highways? The details are on their website, arizonahighways.com if you haven't already read them! Do you plan to enter anything in the contest?

Devils Tower is supposedly what Red Butte on Anne's Pern looks like; big volcanic-neck-type formation. Imagine a bunch of dragons surrounding that. . .
Weyrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26 2009, 04:41 PM   #43
StevenB
Bitsmith/Starsmith,
Master Sneak

Fan of: Skies of Pern: what else?
Now Reading: My computer screen

Thanks Weyrlady. Yes, I know about the Arizona Highways photo contest. I actually entered two of the pictures I took during my holiday in Arizona into last year's competition, although that was before I had Photoshop. They have just announced the winners in the latest edition of the magazine (I'm a subscriber). I get the impression from the winning photographs that they were looking for something unusual compared to the landscapes that appear each Month in their magazine: There were no landscape winners this year. But I have plenty of Arizona pictures left, so I'll try again this year (though I wish I could go back and retake my pictures in camera raw mode).

Are you going to enter any pictures?
Old Sep 1 2009, 12:41 AM   #44
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Fan of: DroP/Canth fangirl
Now Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

Yeah, I think I will!

I'm considering one of these two-

What say you? Or should I get out of the landscape 'rut' and go for something totally different?
Weyrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1 2009, 08:15 AM   #45
StevenB
Bitsmith/Starsmith,
Master Sneak

Fan of: Skies of Pern: what else?
Now Reading: My computer screen

You can submit up to 4 photographs: one in each of the 4 categories (Landscape, People/Culture, Macro photography, Indigenous wildlife). So you could submit both of your pictures and classify the camping shot as "People/Culture". However, I much prefer the first of your pictures - it makes a lovely landscape. The second one would make a more powerful picture if you could clone away the extra bits and pieces and just have the tent and wheelchair in the wilderness. But even then I strongly suspect the judges will want to see a "People/Culture" shot with people in it.

Good luck!