A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Dragonriders of Pern

Old Aug 18 2008, 09:18 AM   #161
Emeraldrose
Holder
Drudge

Fan of: Dragonriders Series
Now Reading: The Great Hunt Robert Jordan
Default Re: Well. they are making the movie.

Since I don't have the IMDB Pro (?) --not subscriber the only thing I noted of difference is the year 2011 which I am guessing is the release date? (althouugh with the recent WB decision re: the newest HP movie those dates are subject to change)
Emeraldrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18 2008, 03:45 PM   #162
FlameCat
Dragonrider
Candidate

Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Grimm's Fairy Tales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harconnis View Post
Second, the following post disgusts me, please forgive me for being a little harsh and confrontational but I just can't abide with intolerants and arrogants

As a teen I battled dyslexia and tried many times to read Tolkien’s art but never could get into the literary mastery of them, until I saw Peter Jacksons’s Lord Of The Rings, The Fellowship Of The Ring. The movie so inspired me that I read the entire trilogy back to back before the Two Towers ever premiered and have been a Tolkien enthusiast ever since. If the motion picture industry sparks literacy in people especially young people or learning impaired people, so be it. Who are we to question the source?
I have to agree with you that this was my exact problem but as you said, watching the 1st film made my fingers itch to get my hands on the books.

Kath713: on the trailer thing, it's true about not wanting the thread to hit the plants as the dragons are meant to stop that, but there are ground crews after all if any is missed.

am sooooooo excited!!! ooooo! promotional goodies
FlameCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18 2008, 08:44 PM   #163
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow

At first there was a lot of thread that hit the ground. In ROP the traders got hit hard by falling thread.

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18 2008, 09:39 PM   #164
Kath713
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawra View Post
At first there was a lot of thread that hit the ground. In ROP the traders got hit hard by falling thread.
Yeah, I was thinking of the first thread fighting scenes in the books. Plus if we never get the image of what damage thread can do, then where's the threat? All the fights and drama in the first book ultimately lead up to the dragonriders meeting the REAL enemy and that's thread.
Kath713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18 2008, 09:53 PM   #165
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Fan of: DroP/Canth fangirl
Now Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

Wow I really like the imagery in the "potential teaser trailer" As a photographer myself, I agree with you that the teaser should be all about evoking emotions in people with some of the big-time dramatic action of Pern- F'lar's duel, fighting thread (of course), perhaps Impression? I always thought the classy, non-violent way F'lar defended Benden Weyr from the Lord Holders was VERY cool, but then again, maybe that wouldn't work for a teaser trailer. That tells alot about F'lar and what kind of leader he is, but the entire point of a teaser is to get "butts in the seats", to borrow a phrase from Whoopi Goldberg.

In DF, F"lar tried extremely hard to be everywhere he was needed aT once, and for absolute perfection in the air(nothing less), because he knew it was expected of him. At first nobody beleived Thread would come again, then everybody was scared witless of it, and falling all over him in desperation! He knew that he'd get chewed out for letting any Thread through the wings, so that's why all the fancy timing between stuff- sending F'nor here & there, bring him back, etc. Really, it's no wonder he had gray hair, I'd be surprised if the guy didn't give himself hypertension or something!!

So that having been said, I personally think that it would be better to show the fighting wings succeeding, and nailing Thread in the air, which is also very high on the coolness factor.

Also, Harconnis, I couldn't agree with you more on how movie adaptations of good books create more fans of the books. There are many barriers that stand in the way of enjoying a good read, but that doesn't mean that a person just shouldn't be able to at all. Look at the Harry Potter fan dynasty, the movies insprired many people to read who simply didn't because of lack of time, resources, etc.
Weyrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18 2008, 10:58 PM   #166
Anareth
Journeywoman Healer

Fan of: Pern, Ship Series
Now Reading: Girl Genius (read it!)

I don't think I would show Thread in the trailer. It's too hard to explain and visually rather random. However, reading Weyrlady's post, I could see cutting a shot of Lessa and Ramoth appearing in full flight over the massed Lords Holder and their army with some suitable dramatic dialogue (probably from a different part, maybe even something good of Lessa's herself). Teeny people....BIG dragon.
Anareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19 2008, 02:21 AM   #167
Dragongirl
.:. Baroness von Imp .:.
Weyrling

Fan of: I do not 'fan'. I obsess.
Now Reading: The Book of Lost Things - John Connelly.

"Queens can too, fly!"

Those who seek to create war are mongrels and fools, but the blood they spill as a result is never meaningless. - Lucrezia Noin

When someone is grieving for what they've lost, you can't really say you know how they feel, or how they should handle things. Because even if you've lost too, everyone grieves differently. Anyone who says otherwise are presumptuous idiots.-Hayley (My friend can be an astonishing wealth of wisdom)
Dragongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19 2008, 05:15 AM   #168
ghost8772

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: The Dresden Files

Actually a shot with Larad in the foreground with wings of Dragons visible "as far as the eye can see" would be an almost guarantee of butts in the seats. Chances could be boosted if it had sound of men and horses screaming and chaos having ensued on the ground instead of music. Thinking instead of a fade to pure black, a fade with the red star visible and pulsing, with the red star having a single added pulse after all else is black. Maybe even have the red star become the dot of an I for Dragonriders, or Dragonflight, whichever name the movie gets.

Still think showing thread itself would give too much away. HAving a flaming dragon could be taken from F'lar's order to have a half wing do flaming passes of Rauth Hold's heights early in the story.

I think there was discussion earlier on Which way the impressions would go. Would they be the newer ones with only the Dragonets receiving injury? or would Hollywood JUMP at the chance of curtains of blood? The first would not work so well, in context. The second would be banned from a teaser (Something about this preview approved for all audiences). A shot of the Hatching grounds with eggs shattering, but candidates not visible might intice an audience in if they had NO concept of Pern....
ghost8772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19 2008, 11:16 AM   #169
GHarris

Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Skies of Pern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anareth View Post
I don't think I would show Thread in the trailer. It's too hard to explain and visually rather random.
I'd really like to hold the actual reveal of a whole dragon until the movie.

Bits and pieces of a dragon in the trailer would be fine.

Which leads me to how they could show Thread in the trailer.

Have some Thread scoring a dragon's wing (and then have the wing disappear), and if you wanted, after the wing disappeared, you could have some flame destroying the thread.

Either that or do a prologue (almost like LotR) where they show the damage that Thread can do. (Maybe a first pass type prologue.)

GH
GHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19 2008, 04:10 PM   #170
FlameCat
Dragonrider
Candidate

Quote:
I don't think I would show Thread in the trailer. It's too hard to explain and visually rather random. However, reading Weyrlady's post, I could see cutting a shot of Lessa and Ramoth appearing in full flight over the massed Lords Holder and their army with some suitable dramatic dialogue (probably from a different part, maybe even something good of Lessa's herself). Teeny people....BIG dragon.
yes but if you showed thread in a trailer i'd be pretty intrigued as to what it was and its significance and want to watch the film. Also a dragon going between would make me want to find out more.

I hope they have maybe some kind of 'flashback' thing with voice over reading the prologue bit of the books explaining the whole red planet thread thing.
Old Aug 19 2008, 07:37 PM   #171
Brenda

I remember once reading someone's idea for a trailer... people on the ground running in terror, a dragon swooping down upon them... and then swooping up again to flame a tangle of thread, and being able to see the rider on its neck.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20 2008, 03:16 AM   #172
Anareth
Journeywoman Healer

Fan of: Pern, Ship Series
Now Reading: Girl Genius (read it!)

Check out Todd Alcott on LiveJournal for word from a real screenwriter about why backstory opening narration is a sign of a serious problem with a film. (His entry today, re: The Dark Crystal.)

The point some are missing is that ultimately the plot's not all that important in a trailer. What matters is getting butts in the seat. Thread, unless you wasted a LOT of screen time on shots that don't appear in the actual plot of the film, isn't visually stimulating. A dragon (or masses of dragons) over an army of people? Visually interesting. This is not going to be a movie for deep thinking or the intrigue-minded. It's going to be a popcorn fest and as such just needs to seem exciting to get butts in the seats. Establish that dragons are intimidating, and big, and colorful, and for some reason they are the last hope for the entire planet--that specifically, Lessa and Ramoth are the last, best, hope for the survival of the entire planet. (For that reason I would never use "Queens can too fly" as that's first potentially confusing, with Lessa assumed to be the "queen" and is also has a foot-stamping petulance about it.) Drop the long-winded business about settlers and spores from the sky AFTER they already paid their $8 and have their butts in the seats.
Anareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20 2008, 08:08 AM   #173
FlameCat
Dragonrider
Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameCat View Post
I hope they have maybe some kind of 'flashback' thing with voice over reading the prologue bit of the books explaining the whole red planet thread thing.
yes this bit I meant for after their butts are in the seats. You need to show actual clips from the film in a trailer otherwise people willm just go 'what?'

and even if voice over bits aren't good, if something like that isn't there people not aquainted with the books may end up just being thoroughly confused.
Old Aug 20 2008, 03:42 PM   #174
GHarris

Quote:
Check out Todd Alcott on LiveJournal for word from a real screenwriter about why backstory opening narration is a sign of a serious problem with a film. (His entry today, re: The Dark Crystal.)
Hmmm

Let's look at one of the biggest Genre films of all time: Lord of the Rings

FotR had a backstory narration, and it did well, (As did the other two.) both financially and critically.

I think there are reasons to do a backstory and reasons not to do a backstory prologue. The questions is, Is it done well for the film in question? Or does it feel like it is thrown on at the last minute?

GH
Old Aug 20 2008, 11:39 PM   #175
Fireinthehold
Inactive

After Golden Compass, I am not holding my breath..
Fireinthehold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21 2008, 11:13 AM   #176
Emeraldrose
Holder
Drudge

Fan of: Dragonriders Series
Now Reading: The Great Hunt Robert Jordan

My husband bought the movie Golden Compass and has yet to watch it...I only got part way and that a small part before giving up....rather like the Eragon movie which I coud not watch and my husband turned in to second hand store....
Emeraldrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21 2008, 03:23 PM   #177
Dragon Man
Inactive

Fan of: The Dragonriders of pern
Now Reading: changes frequently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireinthehold View Post
After Golden Compass, I am not holding my breath..
That was a complete waste of time and money i was so dissappointed. It is true from the trailer it looked like it kept to the story and was going to be great but i was horribly mistaken.

The Dark Is Rising was torn apart completely i really hope this wont happen to pern but if it does i have plans
Dragon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22 2008, 02:19 AM   #178
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Just out of curiosity, what're your plans? Throwing popcorn (hard) at the screen? A mass walk-out of the theater?OK, I realize that probably a personal question; sorry!!

Eragon was. . . well, Eragon. It's not original enough for me. I know that it has it's fans out there, and I commend them, I just don't happen to be one of them.

I think for said Pern movie to be able to be anything with fo.lks who haven't read the books, it's going to have to have some backstory, otherwise it'll turn movie-going audiences off, because tyhey'll have to think a lot to figure it out. Just about every Pern book hsd s prologue, to explain how people got there from Earth, etc. I agree with GH; do it well like in Lord of the Rings.

I came up with another idea for the trailer; for me, and probably for a lot of Pern fans, one of the things that originally drew me in to the wholle Prtn idea was tyhe concept of good friendly dragons, dragons that can hang out with you and work with you, and scare your enemies! My for the trailer show riders and dragons enjoying each other to show their connection, and also fighting Thread and saving Weyrs and whatever else they feel like doing. I'm thinking of F'nor (as usual!) standing next to Mnementh's head, that is probably nearly as tall as he is, in the begginning of DF, and F'nor's nice and calm like he's just standing next to a dog or something. Or of F'lar petting Mnementh until he falls alseep, and then saying, "Shhhh, Mnementh is sleeping. . . " Or of tiny Lessa, not freaking out when Mnementh catches her in his claws. She knew he wasn't going to hurt her; she wasn't scared of him, she didn't have to be. But is the audience? Maybe- Mnementh's a pretty imposing guy!! I think if whole rider/dragon relationwship is done correctlly, it'll illicit a ghasp from the audience.

We are taught from childhood that dragons are big bad dudes, but tell that to Canth. DroP turns that around, in a very cool way.

Last edited by Weyrlady; Aug 22 2008 at 02:22 AM. Reason: fix it
Old Aug 22 2008, 11:26 AM   #179
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath713 View Post
I was thinking about what would make a great teaser trailer for the movie and an image from the Troy trailer came to my mind. When the shot of one ship drew out to reveal hundreds of greek ships heading toward Troy.

I would like to see....

Landscape shot over Pern. Beautiful landscape with mountains and pern vegetation, maybe even a distant flock of wherries. Sky blue and clear.

Then a silvery mist begins to roll in. The audience begins to get glimpses of the silvery threads falling to the ground. Silent. Slight gleam from the sun. Almost pretty. Not seeming to be threatening, just rolling into the pastoral scene.

Then the camera angle lowers, and the threads begin to hit the foliage. Suddenly, the true vicious nature of thread is displayed as threads begin to hiss and eat away at the beauty. The only noise is the horrible hiss of the thread.

((I would imagine those unaware of Pern books may be like "Huh?"))

Then flame fills the screen. Noise like a flame thrower. The thread falls away into ash. You hear another noise, not quiet a growl, not quite a roar, but definitely an animal... and something BIG.....

The camera pulls back to reveal the source of the flame. A dragon, huge and bronze, with only the most fleeing glimpse of his rider....

Until the camera pulls back futher, revealing the true size of the dragon in comparison to its vaguely visible rider, who we can just see making hand gestures, dressed in dark brown riding gear.... just a glimpse....

The dragon flies on. Camera follows, pulling back more, revealing more and more and MORE fighting, flaming dragons, attacking the thread while the Red Star pulses ominously in the background....

Then cut to black.... for a moment.... until the title fades onto the screen....

Dragonflight
Dragonriders of Pern

Again, I think people unfamiliar with Pern will just be like "WTF? That looks kind of cool"

While us true fans begin wetting our pants (not literally, but I know I'm going to be freaking out when the teaser/trailer arrives)

It would give us a look at the dragons without ruining their big reveal in the movie. People will already know there are going to be dragons in the movie, but won't be able to fully realize what the dragons are about until the movie because of the telepathy with riders, etc. There's gotta be some dragons in the teasers/trailers. A teaser like this would lead into a more secretive and subtle full trailer.

Oh I hope this movie turns out at lease a LITTLE like what I visualize in my mind. Lol

I really enjoyed the images that you brought to mind...for a minute there I was getting ready to watch the rest of the movie. You should looking into a career in movie making. You certainly would do well in *making movie trailers*for the movie industry......yours would certainly draw in the crowds.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23 2008, 01:06 AM   #180
R'na
Dragonrider

Fan of: dragonriders of pern
Now Reading: Random Fanfiction
Gold Re: Well. they are making the movie.

I was veiwing a video on utube. That features the cover art from the books and was reading the comments. There was a reference to the movie and someone said Pierce Brosnan would be a good person to play the masterharper. I'm not too sure he fits the persona though.
Old Aug 23 2008, 09:38 AM   #181
Dragon Man
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyrlady View Post
Just out of curiosity, what're your plans? Throwing popcorn (hard) at the screen? A mass walk-out of the theater?OK, I realize that probably a personal question; sorry!!
which one i have thousands??? Each carefully planned out to destr.....
lets just say one or to explosives my go missing a computer virus or two....

i have said to much

Kath713 that trailer sounds awesome and it would make people go and see it straight away.If the film is a success their be a swarm of new members.
Old Aug 23 2008, 11:21 PM   #182
Spaceman Spiff
Inactive

Fan of: PERN!!!
Now Reading: Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Man View Post
which one i have thousands??? Each carefully planned out to destr.....
lets just say one or to explosives my go missing a computer virus or two....

i have said to much

Kath713 that trailer sounds awesome and it would make people go and see it straight away.If the film is a success their be a swarm of new members.
Oh dear... that would be a horror! Masses of newbies who know nothing of the books fresh in from the movie saying "OMG BRONZE DRAGONS ROOOOL!!! And wtf was with Lessa's weird mind control powers huh?"
Spaceman Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24 2008, 01:33 AM   #183
ghost8772

Biggest problem with people. they will treat a movie as if it were a book (that somoene they know has read and gone on and on about). Them seeing the movie lets them think they have shortcut the reading process and are now equal to the person they felt intimidated by who DID read the story.
Old Aug 24 2008, 02:48 AM   #184
Dragongirl
Weyrling

*twitch* And then the fancrazy slash pairings will start. Every single book gone movie that I know of that's attracted crazed fanbases based on the movie...

...*TWITCH*

*squeaky voice* DG will go over here and act like a crazed loon rocking in the corner of an asylum now.

Those who seek to create war are mongrels and fools, but the blood they spill as a result is never meaningless. - Lucrezia Noin

When someone is grieving for what they've lost, you can't really say you know how they feel, or how they should handle things. Because even if you've lost too, everyone grieves differently. Anyone who says otherwise are presumptuous idiots.-Hayley (My friend can be an astonishing wealth of wisdom)
Old Aug 26 2008, 01:33 AM   #185
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
Oh dear... that would be a horror! Masses of newbies who know nothing of the books fresh in from the movie saying "OMG BRONZE DRAGONS ROOOOL!!! And wtf was with Lessa's weird mind control powers huh?"

Well. . . bronze dragons do rule, or is roool (there's a certain brown though, who has it goin' on!)

Hopefully (although I'm not sure how this could be done for sure) people who dig the movie will want to go furthur and read the books, too, to find out "the rest of the story". Yes, there will be the people who just use the movie as background while they make out with their girl/boy- friend, and then consider themselves hardcore McCaffrey fans, but you know, everyone's different! At least they will have had some exposure to her stories, whether they choose to go on or not.
Old Aug 26 2008, 04:56 PM   #186
ghost8772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragongirl View Post
*twitch* And then the fancrazy slash pairings will start. Every single book gone movie that I know of that's attracted crazed fanbases based on the movie...

...*TWITCH*

*squeaky voice* DG will go over here and act like a crazed loon rocking in the corner of an asylum now.
never fear DG, there will be a ghost haunting the bandwaggoners. (figure the only way I can describe people who ignore books for decades, then act like they were the greatest thing..... while quoting the movies only)
Old Aug 26 2008, 08:27 PM   #187
Brenda

R'na, could you perhaps post a link to said video?
Old Aug 27 2008, 11:19 AM   #188
Spaceman Spiff
Inactive

Fan of: PERN!!!
Now Reading: Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
R'na, could you perhaps post a link to said video?
I'm pretty sure I was the one to make that comment on Youtube (or at least I posted on the same one with the comment about Pierce being interested in the role of Robinton). But I first heard of that news here on MoM... I think it was from Hans? I can't remember exactly.
Spaceman Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27 2008, 03:14 PM   #189
Brenda

This is the post I was responding to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R'na
I was veiwing a video on utube. That features the cover art from the books and was reading the comments. There was a reference to the movie and someone said Pierce Brosnan would be a good person to play the masterharper. I'm not too sure he fits the persona though.
Old Aug 27 2008, 03:47 PM   #190
R'na
Dragonrider

I'll try Brenda
Old Aug 27 2008, 03:57 PM   #191
R'na
Dragonrider

Gold Re: Well. they are making the movie.

sorry trying to do link
Old Oct 6 2008, 05:29 PM   #192
Weyrbrat
Inactive

Now Reading: Misc

should definitly have a bit of ramoths impression, and the bit with all the dragons assembled. thread would be good too, but quick edited so a sorta enigma code. mebbe pan across a Weyr, fade, title, then a dragon flamin somin mebbe. dno it wud be kl if they made a film, but i would be worried about them ruining it, like films have for some books, with crappy acting.
Weyrbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6 2008, 10:57 PM   #193
D. M. Domini
Talent
Finder

Fan of: Afra Lyon, and Robinton!
Now Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix

Quote:

...*TWITCH*
...some people already do that with the books.

::ducks and runs far, far away::

Fanfic WIPs: The Day Benden Went to War (Pern/Talent); Slosh (Pern); Weyrbred Lads (Pern); When You Fall Asleep /Between/... (Pern)

Completed Fics: Flight (Pern), Flight v2 (Pern), Golden Glow (Pern)

D. M. Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6 2008, 11:21 PM   #194
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldrose View Post
My husband bought the movie Golden Compass and has yet to watch it...I only got part way and that a small part before giving up....rather like the Eragon movie which I coud not watch and my husband turned in to second hand store....
Read the books after I saw the movie and personally thought the first 2 books were pretty good, the third one had a rather dodgy ending (like reading a kid's version of Mills and Boon) - probably get shot for that but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

With Eragon, the books were and still are better then the movie produced.

At least with Peter Jackson, he did try to produce justice to the LoTR's trilogy, which is more then what I can say for the producers of Eragon and The Golden Compass was slightly better done then Eragon. At least junior enjoyed TGC better then Eragon, as did I.

D.M.Domini, isn't that why we go a little stir crazy here on MoM for a certain author?

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7 2008, 03:59 AM   #195
Hans
Master Archivist

While this thread is active again...

Not sure if this has been posted before and no incination to read through the whole thread

But the date of the US release for the Dragonriders movie (as been piblished in the IMDB) has been moved to 2011.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7 2008, 06:24 AM   #196
Goldrider Thais
Inactive

Fan of: Dragonflight <3 F'lar fan
Now Reading: The Picture of Dorian Gray

Quote:

o.O ! *pouty face*
Goldrider Thais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7 2008, 03:52 PM   #197
Dragon Man
Inactive

i dont know much about dragoncon but i heard Anne was going anything announced or any rumours about the movie
Old Oct 7 2008, 09:29 PM   #198
T'mynn
Inactive

Fan of: All books
Now Reading: Chronicles of Pern

I hadn't found onformation on this yet. IF Peter Jackson is producing and/or directing this, he will do it justice. I wasn't a rapid LOTR fan but I surlly did appreciate his skill. camera angles, scene set up, use of music and envrionment to set the mood. The costumes and scenery were jaw dropping at times.

If he did that with a Tolkien series, he'll do very well with Pern.
T'mynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8 2008, 10:32 AM   #199
GHarris

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Mynn Enz View Post
I hadn't found onformation on this yet. IF Peter Jackson is producing and/or directing this, he will do it justice. I wasn't a rapid LOTR fan but I surlly did appreciate his skill. camera angles, scene set up, use of music and envrionment to set the mood. The costumes and scenery were jaw dropping at times.

If he did that with a Tolkien series, he'll do very well with Pern.
If you want PJ to do PERN, then you'll be waiting a lot longer than 2011, because that is about when the first of the two Hobbit movies will be coming out.

Also, the production company that has the option, CopperHeart, is based in Canada. So you're more likely to see a Canadian production (i.e. Battlestar Galatica, Stargate, Ginger Snaps series, etc.) than a New Zealand production.

GH
Old Oct 8 2008, 11:38 AM   #200
Dragongirl
Weyrling

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. M. Domini View Post
...some people already do that with the books.

::ducks and runs far, far away::
Hehehe, you're pulling my leg, aren't you?

...Link. NOW.