A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Dragonriders of Pern

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Mar 28 2009, 03:30 PM   #481
ghost8772
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: The Dresden Files
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

that is a possibility, though she had the wide-eyed innocent look in The Craft, might be able to pull off Brekke if need be.
ghost8772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5 2009, 02:28 AM   #482
Thistlerose
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Gender: F
Fan of: Moreta (Pern)
Now Reading: We Never Talk About My Brother, Peter Beagle
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

For Brekke, if you want a waif with vaguely Eurasian features, how about Summer Glau? Or Dichen Lachman (Sierra on "Dollhouse")? Lea Salonga might have been good when she was younger; all she'd have needed was a perm and green contact lenses.
Thistlerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5 2009, 11:51 AM   #483
Cherokee43v6
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Carolina
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern...I like Freedom too
Now Reading: finishing umpteenth re-read of All the Weyrs
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Not sure about the rest of the cast, but a natural for Robinton would be Liam Neeson
Cherokee43v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2009, 11:27 AM   #484
GHarris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Gender: M
Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Skies of Pern
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

I know everybody has heard her voice by now (unless you've been avoiding TV and YouTube like the plague.

Susan Boyle - Robinton's Mother

GH
GHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2009, 02:25 PM   #485
Spaceman Spiff
Inactive
 
Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Gender: M
Fan of: PERN!!!
Now Reading: Lord of the Rings
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

I had to look her up to find out who she was. It's not that I avoid TV/Youtube, I just avoid terrible reality shows Admittedly, that makes up most of TV, though

I can't see her as Merelan at all though, I see her as tall and slender.
Spaceman Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2009, 01:23 AM   #486
Kugai
Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
 
Kugai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wellington NEW ZEALAND
Gender: M
Fan of: Tower and Hive Series
Now Reading: Whatever takes my fancy at the moment
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Hmmmmmm

I wonder if we could find some role for Christian Bale.
__________________
JAMES THE
You can never have too much Coffee

Homepage
FreeBabylon5
FreeBabylon5 Website
Kugai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2009, 01:51 AM   #487
Lady Maelin
Master Artist


 
Lady Maelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee43v6 View Post
Not sure about the rest of the cast, but a natural for Robinton would be Liam Neeson

Liam Neeson has a lovely look for Robinton...especially the older he gets. Not to mention that great speaking voice. I wonder if he sings too!!!


Spiffy....Merelan, I haven't thought about her in a while...but yes I see her as tallish and slender too. What color of hair does she have...did it say in the book... or if not... what color do you see her hair and eyes being. If I remember rightly it was infered that she was good looking was well....right?
__________________
"To the Horsehead Nebula and back we shall make beautiful music"..."Together!"

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2009, 05:09 PM   #488
Sandi
Senior Member

 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Gender: F
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Poking in with another "current entertainment" possibility. How about Damien McGinty (Celtic Thunder) as Piemur?
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 11:21 PM   #489
Lady Maelin
Master Artist


 
Lady Maelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Sandi...he's just fantastic looking for Piemur...especially in this pose I just found. You can just see the devilment in his eyes. Like when he would try and charm Menolly or one of the Harper Hall cooks!!! Now I think I need to go and see what he sounds like...I have a feeling he's got a lovely voice.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3032/...d6746cfe81.jpg
__________________
"To the Horsehead Nebula and back we shall make beautiful music"..."Together!"

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 11:45 PM   #490
ElectricDragon
Inactive
 
ElectricDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Between
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Maelin View Post
Liam Neeson has a lovely look for Robinton...especially the older he gets. Not to mention that great speaking voice. I wonder if he sings too!!!


Spiffy....Merelan, I haven't thought about her in a while...but yes I see her as tallish and slender too. What color of hair does she have...did it say in the book... or if not... what color do you see her hair and eyes being. If I remember rightly it was infered that she was good looking was well....right?
Here's Merelan for you:

http://www.leaveseyes.de/templates/i...it_FINAL-1.jpg

Liv Kristine Espenaes Krull. And she can handle the soprano singing part. No need to dub in someone else.

Tall enough. Norwegian.

http://www.leaveseyes.de/templates/i...wid=12&katid=2

Last edited by ElectricDragon; May 27 2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: addition
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 03:15 AM   #491
calenlily
Inactive
 
calenlily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alaska
Gender: F
Fan of: Lessa/F'lar fangirl
Now Reading: Harry Potter a l'ecole des sorciers
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Hmm... No clue whether I'm just making this up, but I always saw Merelan as dark-haired.
calenlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 03:17 AM   #492
shepherdessdog
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern, Rowan and family
Now Reading: Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

I'm not sure who I would cast for all the main characters, but for Lessa my favorite choice would be Helena Bonham Carter, though I also believe Cate Blanchett would do an admirable job.

For Kylara, believe it or not I would go with Maureen O'hara or Rita Hayworth (both would have to go blond of course) or even Veronica Lake.

I know she's not Eurasian in appearance, but I think Olivia de Havilland would have pulled off Brekke well.

If you can't tell I really like classic movies. I just wish there was a character that I could shoe-horn Danny Kaye into the role as he is my favorite entertainer of all time.
shepherdessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 10:42 AM   #493
GHarris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Gender: M
Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Skies of Pern
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdessdog View Post
If you can't tell I really like classic movies. I just wish there was a character that I could shoe-horn Danny Kaye into the role as he is my favorite entertainer of all time.
Well, a young Danny Kaye would probably make a good Piemur.

GH
GHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 09:08 PM   #494
shepherdessdog
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern, Rowan and family
Now Reading: Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHarris View Post
Well, a young Danny Kaye would probably make a good Piemur.

GH
Food for thought. I've always had a distinct vision of Piemur in my head, which oddly reminded me of a tiny kid from my high school named Edward. He was in the Drama Club, but I'm not sure that qualifies him for the part. *chuckle*
shepherdessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2009, 12:24 AM   #495
ghost8772
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: The Dresden Files
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Okay for the harper hall, snag the Vienna boys choir, and the most likely looking soprano can become Piemur. especially if he can act.
ghost8772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1 2009, 10:36 PM   #496
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling
 
Weyrlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sedona, Arizona USA
Gender: F
Fan of: DroP/Canth fangirl
Now Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdessdog View Post
I'm not sure who I would cast for all the main characters, but for Lessa my favorite choice would be Helena Bonham Carter, though I also believe Cate Blanchett would do an admirable job.

For Kylara, believe it or not I would go with Maureen O'hara or Rita Hayworth (both would have to go blond of course) or even Veronica Lake.

I know she's not Eurasian in appearance, but I think Olivia de Havilland would have pulled off Brekke well.

If you can't tell I really like classic movies. I just wish there was a character that I could shoe-horn Danny Kaye into the role as he is my favorite entertainer of all time.
Maureen O'Hara would make one-ahem-unique Kylara. With her spitfire personality, T'bor better watch out!

She'd probably have to really try to be that self-centered, though.

Potentially problematic is her age. She's in her 70s or 80s now.
Weyrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2 2009, 01:22 PM   #497
shepherdessdog
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern, Rowan and family
Now Reading: Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyrlady View Post
Maureen O'Hara would make one-ahem-unique Kylara. With her spitfire personality, T'bor better watch out!

She'd probably have to really try to be that self-centered, though.

Potentially problematic is her age. She's in her 70s or 80s now.
I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch for her to play self-centered. She couldn't do the role NOW of course, but this is a dream cast of anyone ever that we would have liked to see play the characters of Pern.

Ironically it's the female leads that I find easiest to cast. There's an actor that I think would make an excellent Capiam, but Capiam isn't in Dragonflight, so I guess he doesn't bear mentioning for the moment.
shepherdessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2 2009, 09:14 PM   #498
ghost8772
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: The Dresden Files
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdessdog View Post
I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch for her to play self-centered. She couldn't do the role NOW of course, but this is a dream cast of anyone ever that we would have liked to see play the characters of Pern.

Ironically it's the female leads that I find easiest to cast. There's an actor that I think would make an excellent Capiam, but Capiam isn't in Dragonflight, so I guess he doesn't bear mentioning for the moment.
capiam? lets typecast. put hugh laurie in
ghost8772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6 2009, 03:36 AM   #499
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling
 
Weyrlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sedona, Arizona USA
Gender: F
Fan of: DroP/Canth fangirl
Now Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Let's put Matt Damon somewhere. Has he been mentiioned yet?
Weyrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6 2009, 06:06 PM   #500
GHarris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Gender: M
Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Skies of Pern
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyrlady View Post
Let's put Matt Damon somewhere. Has he been mentiioned yet?
I think someone suggested:

F'nor: Matt Damon
F'lar: Ben Affleck

GH
GHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7 2009, 01:06 AM   #501
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling
 
Weyrlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sedona, Arizona USA
Gender: F
Fan of: DroP/Canth fangirl
Now Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Matt Damon would make an excellent F'nor, at least in my opinion. Although now that I say that, I don't know. . . Matt Damon's got the sort of face where he'll never look a day over-say 26- even if he's got to be pushing 40 by now.

Although that might be good for F'nor if DF, for he is 26 or 27

Ben Affleck as F'lar? Well, did you ever see Good Will Hunting? I was re-reading DF today, and Ben Affleck isn't really who I picture, but I'm not sure who is.

I have to admit I'm kind of stuck on Clive Owen!
Weyrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7 2009, 01:12 PM   #502
shepherdessdog
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern, Rowan and family
Now Reading: Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyrlady View Post
Matt Damon would make an excellent F'nor, at least in my opinion. Although now that I say that, I don't know. . . Matt Damon's got the sort of face where he'll never look a day over-say 26- even if he's got to be pushing 40 by now.

Although that might be good for F'nor if DF, for he is 26 or 27

Ben Affleck as F'lar? Well, did you ever see Good Will Hunting? I was re-reading DF today, and Ben Affleck isn't really who I picture, but I'm not sure who is.

I have to admit I'm kind of stuck on Clive Owen!
Clive Owen! Never would have thought of him, but I can certainly see it. I love Clive Owen. He's pretty smart about picking movies. I've liked just about every one of them I've seen, barring King Arthur, which was awful.

I also really like Matt Damon, but pairing the two of them as F'lar and F'nor doesn't quite work for me.

So, what if we did Clive Owen as F'lar, and Gerard Butler as F'nor?

Matt Damon could be T'gellan maybe. Or how about N'ton?

Brendan Gleeson could play Fax, Lord Groghe or even R'gul. He's so awesome. *squee* I think I'd want him as R'gul because I can totally see him lecturing Lessa "Queens DON'T FLY!"
shepherdessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8 2009, 12:54 AM   #503
ElectricDragon
Inactive
 
ElectricDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Between
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdessdog View Post
Clive Owen! Never would have thought of him, but I can certainly see it. I love Clive Owen. He's pretty smart about picking movies. I've liked just about every one of them I've seen, barring King Arthur, which was awful.

I also really like Matt Damon, but pairing the two of them as F'lar and F'nor doesn't quite work for me.

So, what if we did Clive Owen as F'lar, and Gerard Butler as F'nor?

Matt Damon could be T'gellan maybe. Or how about N'ton?

Brendan Gleeson could play Fax, Lord Groghe or even R'gul. He's so awesome. *squee* I think I'd want him as R'gul because I can totally see him lecturing Lessa "Queens DON'T FLY!"
Owen as F'lar and Butler as F'nor...I like that. I've been stumped on casting F'nor for a while, but I like that.

Matt Damon as N'ton...I like that too.
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8 2009, 12:04 PM   #504
GHarris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Gender: M
Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Skies of Pern
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdessdog View Post
Brendan Gleeson could play Fax, Lord Groghe or even R'gul. He's so awesome. *squee* I think I'd want him as R'gul because I can totally see him lecturing Lessa "Queens DON'T FLY!"
I still see Sean Bean as Fax. See him in Patriot Games?

GH
GHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8 2009, 01:16 PM   #505
shepherdessdog
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern, Rowan and family
Now Reading: Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHarris View Post
I still see Sean Bean as Fax. See him in Patriot Games?

GH
Man, there are so many famous people that I recognize by face, but can never put a name to it, and Sean Bean is one of them. I've always liked him though. Him for Fax, eh? Hmmm... he does do villains well. I'll go with him for Fax then.

And Gleeson can be R'gul still, and if anyone comes up with a better idea for R'gul then he can slide back into Lord Groghe heehee.

Let's throw in Christian Bale now as... Lord Larad? Bahaha, sorry, I have had a crush on that actor since Newsies when I was like 10 years old lol.

You know what would be awesome? Doing a poll on casting the major parts based on suggestions already given, and then making a fake movie poster using pictures of all the winning lead characters.

Man, I wish I had the time and skill to really pull that off.
shepherdessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9 2009, 11:32 PM   #506
ElectricDragon
Inactive
 
ElectricDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Between
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdessdog View Post
Man, there are so many famous people that I recognize by face, but can never put a name to it, and Sean Bean is one of them. I've always liked him though. Him for Fax, eh? Hmmm... he does do villains well. I'll go with him for Fax then.

And Gleeson can be R'gul still, and if anyone comes up with a better idea for R'gul then he can slide back into Lord Groghe heehee.

Let's throw in Christian Bale now as... Lord Larad? Bahaha, sorry, I have had a crush on that actor since Newsies when I was like 10 years old lol.

You know what would be awesome? Doing a poll on casting the major parts based on suggestions already given, and then making a fake movie poster using pictures of all the winning lead characters.

Man, I wish I had the time and skill to really pull that off.
I think any "wins" would be by such an insignificant fraction as to be virtually meaningless. Just about everyone has differing tastes and opinions, many strongly held.

Doesn't mean much when Actor X wins with 3 votes out of 50 and he's only one vote ahead of places two through 12, and only two votes ahead of everyone in places 13 through whatever.

Amusing thought however. Amusing thought. Personally, I'd like to see the real poster and know the film is being released...
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10 2009, 12:35 AM   #507
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling
 
Weyrlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sedona, Arizona USA
Gender: F
Fan of: DroP/Canth fangirl
Now Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:

Let's throw in Christian Bale now as... Lord Larad? Bahaha, sorry, I have had a crush on that actor since Newsies when I was like 10 years old lol.

You know what would be awesome? Doing a poll on casting the major parts based on suggestions already given, and then making a fake movie poster using pictures of all the winning lead characters.

Man, I wish I had the time and skill to really pull that off
*whispers* Christian Bale should play F'nor. He made a very-good-to-look-at Batman.Who gets to play Canth, though?

*runs away giggling*
Weyrlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10 2009, 01:43 AM   #508
Kugai
Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
 
Kugai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wellington NEW ZEALAND
Gender: M
Fan of: Tower and Hive Series
Now Reading: Whatever takes my fancy at the moment
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyrlady View Post
*whispers* Christian Bale should play F'nor. He made a very-good-to-look-at Batman.Who gets to play Canth, though?

*runs away giggling*
Draco?


__________________
JAMES THE
You can never have too much Coffee

Homepage
FreeBabylon5
FreeBabylon5 Website
Kugai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10 2009, 10:31 AM   #509
GHarris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Gender: M
Fan of: The White Dragon
Now Reading: Skies of Pern
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyrlady View Post
*whispers* Christian Bale should play F'nor. He made a very-good-to-look-at Batman.Who gets to play Canth, though?

*runs away giggling*
For a fantasy of Best actors ever for the Pern roles, I still don't see him as F'nor (and I doubt that the actor would even consider a part that wasn't the lead at this point in his career). He seems to broody to play F'nor.

I could see him as F'lar. F'lar gets into his broody moods. And the scene in batman where Morgan Freeman shows him the batmobile reminds me of how F'lar acted when he realized that the grubs fight thread.

GH
GHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10 2009, 01:00 PM   #510
shepherdessdog
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern, Rowan and family
Now Reading: Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricDragon View Post
I think any "wins" would be by such an insignificant fraction as to be virtually meaningless. Just about everyone has differing tastes and opinions, many strongly held.

Doesn't mean much when Actor X wins with 3 votes out of 50 and he's only one vote ahead of places two through 12, and only two votes ahead of everyone in places 13 through whatever.

Amusing thought however. Amusing thought. Personally, I'd like to see the real poster and know the film is being released...
Way to be a buzz kill, ED.
shepherdessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11 2009, 01:22 AM   #511
ElectricDragon
Inactive
 
ElectricDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Between
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdessdog View Post
Way to be a buzz kill, ED.
Hey, if an actual Pern movie doesn't get you buzzed what will?
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11 2009, 01:42 AM   #512
Kugai
Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
 
Kugai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wellington NEW ZEALAND
Gender: M
Fan of: Tower and Hive Series
Now Reading: Whatever takes my fancy at the moment
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Speculation is fun, though Hollywierd has a habit of casting that makes you cringe sometimes.

For instance, Seth Rogan has been confirmed for the role of BA Barracus in the upcoming A-Team film

Oh GOD no!!!!

Michael Clark Duncan woulddefinitely have been a better choice.
__________________
JAMES THE
You can never have too much Coffee

Homepage
FreeBabylon5
FreeBabylon5 Website
Kugai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11 2009, 02:16 PM   #513
shepherdessdog
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Gender: F
Fan of: Pern, Rowan and family
Now Reading: Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon
Unhappy Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricDragon View Post
Hey, if an actual Pern movie doesn't get you buzzed what will?
I meant you killed my "fun fandom poster idea" buzz.
shepherdessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11 2009, 11:30 PM   #514
ElectricDragon
Inactive
 
ElectricDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Between
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugai View Post
Speculation is fun, though Hollywierd has a habit of casting that makes you cringe sometimes.

For instance, Seth Rogan has been confirmed for the role of BA Barracus in the upcoming A-Team film

Oh GOD no!!!!

Michael Clark Duncan woulddefinitely have been a better choice.
Please tell me you're joking.
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11 2009, 11:33 PM   #515
ElectricDragon
Inactive
 
ElectricDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Between
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdessdog View Post
I meant you killed my "fun fandom poster idea" buzz.
If your "buzz" is killed so easily, I recommend switching to something more potent, like vodka.
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12 2009, 09:24 PM   #516
Kugai
Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
 
Kugai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wellington NEW ZEALAND
Gender: M
Fan of: Tower and Hive Series
Now Reading: Whatever takes my fancy at the moment
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricDragon View Post
Please tell me you're joking.
I wish I wasn't
__________________
JAMES THE
You can never have too much Coffee

Homepage
FreeBabylon5
FreeBabylon5 Website
Kugai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12 2009, 10:09 PM   #517
ElectricDragon
Inactive
 
ElectricDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Between
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugai View Post
I wish I wasn't
I find that both absurd and obscene.

Can't wait to hear what Mr. T has to say about it.
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19 2009, 04:12 AM   #518
ghost8772
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: The Dresden Files
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

um, actually I just checked IMDB, B.A. hasn't been confirmed there yet, but the rumor is Common.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/

as much as I enjoyed the TV show at 12, I think I'm gonna skip THAT movie.

on topic, Brendan Gleeson I could see as Fax, R'gul, maybe jeremy irons, getting older but does some wow acting. would have to have a good complement for him in S'lel, Alan rickman, or maybe David Thewlis.

I'm wondering if we shouldn't try out some actors and actresses in this that could be fun mixes, not quite their same casting styles. Like comedians playing serious parts, or Vincent Price joining in a muppet sing along, "you've got a friend in me" I've been told.

I just can't think of anyone aside from Michael Keaton and Adam Sandler who've made that transition. Could you guys see Sandler as Robinton? stuff of nightmares.
ghost8772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22 2009, 12:44 AM   #519
ElectricDragon
Inactive
 
ElectricDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Between
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern, obviously.
Now Reading: That's classified.
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost8772 View Post

as much as I enjoyed the TV show at 12, I think I'm gonna skip THAT movie.
DVD rental for kicks and giggles. Only pay theatre price for things that demand to be seen on a big screen.
ElectricDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23 2009, 04:31 AM   #520
ghost8772
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Gender: M
Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: The Dresden Files
Default Re: Your Pern Movie Cast

actually something that looks like it might be THAT horrid? d/l through netfix once it totally bombs. at least THAT way it would be part of monthly fee.
ghost8772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pern Book, Short Story, and Miscellany List; Common Abbreviations Cheryl Dragonriders of Pern 1 Jun 28 2008 09:53 AM
Collecting Highlight (43) - The Atlas of Pern c.s. Hans Collecting Highlights Archives 23 Feb 25 2007 09:30 PM
Pern movie deal with Copperheart Entertainment Cheryl Café Archives 63 Nov 11 2006 03:03 AM
Pern movie deal with Copperheart Entertainment Cheryl Announcements 2 May 26 2006 06:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

A Meeting of Minds forum owned by Cheryl B. Miller.
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey’s fiction are copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2008, all rights reserved, and used by permission of the author.