A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Dragonriders of Pern

Old Oct 3 2018, 06:06 AM   #1
Nellyke
Muskie

Fan of: Dragonflight
Default Mating questions

Hi
I have some things I don't understand, even though I read the books several times.
Canth had a lot of sex, in the past, they mention that F'Nor and him had a lot of partners. I understand that F'Nor and Brekke had they happy ending, but does that mean Canth have no more sex in his life? As i am unable to imagine that the ''good girl'' Brekke would let F'Nor to cheating on her?? I know that while mating doesn't count as cheating, but Brekke never agreed with that aspect of the Weyrs.
Another one: I know that Menolly have her happy ending with Sebell after they firelizard have fly together.. but what about the other 8 firelizard? Did they fly with someone as well? Did i miss a story somewhere??
Nellyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5 2018, 08:40 AM   #2
Natalya
Darbul

Fan of: The White Dragon
Default Re: Mating questions

This question was repeatedly raised and the answer to it is somewhere in the books. Riders are not required to have sex with those with whom the dragon mating (these are rules only for Gold). Before the mating flight, the rider retires with his beloved and at the moment when he is excited by the mating flight, he gets his man. For example, heterosexual rider does so when a the green dragon of rider-male go to mating flight. They went to the Lower Caves and have sex with the women there.

At the expense of fire lizards - sexual arousal greatly affects the owners only in the case of gold and bronze. I assume that mating flights of green fires are not so sensual and do not have plot significance. In any case, it seems I remember the moment when it was said that the Menolly fires do not mating with each other, since they feel a relative relationship with each other. But I'm not sure.
Natalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5 2018, 10:38 AM   #3
Nellyke
Muskie

Fan of: Dragonflight
Default Re: Mating questions

Thank you. I haven't read all the books yet, (there is a lot of them ) but i am on it. I think i am just too exited and can't wait for all the answers
Nellyke is offline   Reply With Quote