A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Beyond Anne McCaffrey

Beyond Anne McCaffrey We know Anne's not the only author you read and enjoy. Come here to discuss and discover authors beyond Anne!

Old Jan 16 2007, 02:59 PM   #1
PernesePhoenix
Holder

Fan of: Jaxom
Now Reading: Materials & Methods
White Read or Die

Read or Die, aka R.O.D, is a manga series. The story is by Hideyuki Kurata while the art is by Shutaro Yamada.

Synopsis:

Yomiko Readman's love for literature goes far beyond any run-of-the-mill bookworm's! In fact, she has a supernatural ability to manipulate paper in the most amazing ways. From turning a tiny scrap into a lethal throwing dagger to making a single sheet hard enough to block bullets, she's only limited by her imagination. She uses her phenomenal power to seek out legendary books containing secret information that, in the wrong hands, could be dangerous. Backed by a Special Operations Division in England, Yomiko has her hands full battling evildoes, saving the world, and trying to find time to curl up with a good book.

The reason that I love this series so much is that I feel totaly connected with the main character. She is a major bibliophile, she does anything, and I mean anything for a book that she wants. For me that hits close to home. lol

Has anyone else read this series? or the spin off Read or Dream about sisters who share the ability to control paper, and are bibliomaniacs themselves? what do you think of them? has anyone seen the show or ova?
PernesePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote