A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café

The Library Café Come in, relax, and get to know the other members of this site. Share your hobbies and interests, along with general news of your life.

Old Sep 25 2020, 07:21 PM   #5521
Zelandeth

Fan of: Dragonsdawn
Now Reading: Working my way through the whole Pern series
Default Re: What is happening

I'm doing okay! I've been quite busy lately, having had a couple of cars from a friend visiting for some TLC, but this resulted in some pretty massive posts with a lot of images that I'd need to edit down a bit so the forum software won't object. Plus there were some serious enough topics being discussed at the time it felt a bit insensitive to be spamming the topic with massive car related posts at the time...bear with me and I'll have a bit of a catch up at the weekend!

We've had a bit of bad news here as well in the last few days. One of our close friends had been fighting against cancer for the last few years, and had generally been doing pretty well at it over the last year and it looked like they might be beating it. Until their treatment was put on hold during lockdown. They passed away yesterday morning. So we're now helping to help their other half work through things and generally look after them until things settle back down. They're coping things about as well as can be expected as they've had a long while to process that this was always a likely outcome. Still a horrible situation though, especially at only 41 and a half.
Zelandeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #5522
Zelandeth

Fan of: Dragonsdawn
Now Reading: Working my way through the whole Pern series
Default Re: What is happening

This afternoon I made a horrendous mess in the garage while pulling out most of the old rubber floor mats from the Invacar.

This took a lot longer than hoped as while it was falling apart, the bits that were still stuck to the floor were VERY stuck to the floor.

As expected given I could see daylight through it, the metal underneath the offside kick plate was largely missing.

I'll make sure a little plate goes in here to bridge the gap. I did note that a few bits were hanging down there into the area of the door runner, I reckon this may have had something to do with why that door jams so frequently.

Quite a few of the rivets aren't actually attached to anything because they've dissolved, so I'll replace most of them. I'll be adding a bunch across the floor panel anyway so it's held still against the chassis as currently it's totally free to move aside from at the edges. That's going to involve drilling several dozen holes from underneath... that'll be fun.

Then we can start getting the new flooring installed and she will start to look a good deal tidier inside.
Zelandeth is offline   Reply With Quote