A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room

Book Collector's Meeting Room Whether you're an experienced collector or just starting out, this is the place to discuss Anne's books in all their various bindings, languages, and cover art.

Old Nov 27 2004, 06:29 AM   #1
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Who collects foreign AMC books?

Who collects Anne's books in other languages? Maybe not to read but possibly for the covert art or because of collectors fever

I currently have editions having been published in:
  • United States
  • United Kingdom
  • The Netherlands
  • Germany
  • France
  • Finland
  • Czecho-Slovakia; now Czech Republic
So I've gota long way to go since there's a lot more different language editions around. The emphasis lies on Pern books but I don't scorn any other title

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15 2005, 07:27 PM   #2
Anneli
Weyrwoman

Now Reading: Dragonflight
Default Re: Who collects foreign AMC books?

I think this deserves a *bump* to stop it falling off the page

I have copies of some of Anne's books in English, American, German, French, Dutch and Hungarian .

Mmm.... I wonder if they're available in Norwegian? *goes off to check as it would be great to be in a position to astound my Norwegian teacher by being able to translate the texts into English without hesitation * She doesn't need to know that I'm reprising the English texts I know so well by heart
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15 2005, 08:37 PM   #3
edith
Dragonrider

Weyrwoman

Fan of: Most of them :)
Now Reading: Don't You Have Time To Think- RP Feynman

1 US edition...
thats all!
edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15 2005, 09:13 PM   #4
sassie
Inactive

Location: Bristol U.K. but normally in which book i'm reading at the time

my friend picked up three in French, she claims she's trying to read them in french without recourse to the english versions!
sassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18 2005, 12:39 PM   #5
Hans
Master Archivist

Well? She claims? Do you think she'll pulling your leg?

I got all the French paperbacks (pocket books) except for three titles. I posted about them in here.

I would like some hardbacks and especially the early editions of Dragonflight and Dragonquest - I like the artwork; but I have never been able to find any Pern book in second hand French bookshop, although I must admit that the best ones are to be found in Paris and I haven't been there since my honeymoon in 1979

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Old Feb 19 2005, 06:12 PM   #6
sassie
Inactive

Location: Bristol U.K. but normally in which book i'm reading at the time

My friend is a real Francophile and holidays there for two weeks every year without fail....I'll ask her to have a look around the book shops (which she will visit anyway!) and keep her eye out for them. Are there any others that you want? Just let me know. Shes going late summer this year so it might be a while!
sassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19 2005, 11:00 PM   #7
pictish-princess
Inactive

I haven't...... yet. It sounds like an interesting hobby.
pictish-princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20 2005, 05:19 PM   #8
Hans
Master Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
My friend is a real Francophile and holidays there for two weeks every year without fail....I'll ask her to have a look around the book shops (which she will visit anyway!) and keep her eye out for them. Are there any others that you want? Just let me know. Shes going late summer this year so it might be a while!
Nope, just the ones I mention in my posts, and thanks for mentioning the titles to your friend. IF she finds any, do ask her/him to post them to me while still in Europe

I don't have any hardbacks in French and I would love to have them, but for those I would need to know their price first...