A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café > Café Archives

Old Nov 24 2008, 06:37 PM   #1
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Fan of: Pern,The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Anne's Pern EVERYTHING !
Default The cost of Dental visits

I am very curious...and would very much like to know
if any of you have been to the dentist in the last year?

If so, have you had a crown or root canal done, and what
did it you cost you for one or each of those procedures.

Please don't count what your dental insurance had to pay
but only the cost you had to pay for one or each of these.

I have just come from my dentist...where I am in the process
of having two dental crowns done...two small ones. Tooth
four and five from the center right.

I went on friday for the first of the procedures and was charged
$575.oo for the two temporaries [after very good insurance already
paid $1000.oo] for them.

Dec 8 I will need to go back for the permanent crowns and then I will
have to pay another $575.oo, the ballance due. I was unbelivably
shocked at the high cost of all of this.

B U T... if I thought that was all a real shocker...today I had to go
back in for an even worse toothache in one of the teeth that the
dentist worked on, at my Friday visit.
I was told today that one of the teeth had developed an abcess
and needed a root canel...ok the pain was pretty bad so I agreed.
The bill I was presented for, this proceedure was a whooping $700.oo
and I almost fainted in surprise shock.

At least the woman who handed me the bill had the good grace
to say I am sorry, but yes this is the bill. I was so outraged at
this bill, that I informed her that as soon as I got my permanent
crowns I would not be comming back for any further work...I do
have other issues with this dentist, his seeming lack of compassion
being one... so I knew I needed to make a change....but not I thought
when I was in such pain..ugg

Sooooooo like I said above... I am curious to know, am I completely
behind the times, and $2150.oo is the actual going price for two
crowns and $700.oo for one small root canal...or am I correct in
thinking that I have been majorly over charged...and its a good
thing I am leaving this dentist behind.

Well like the song says...All I want for Christmas was my two front teeth...well all I got to say is...Santa is getting very expencive these
days for two teeth...

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Lady Maelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24 2008, 06:44 PM   #2
sjslack
Inactive

Fan of: Pern
Now Reading: as usual
Default Re: The cost of Dental visits

Well, I'm with a private dentist, and for a cap to be placed on my front tooth, (My front left tooth is actually half fake...courtesy of a hockey stick when I was younger) it cost me £96. I'm unsure if I got any discount with being in full-time education, but I don't think I did.

Those prices you had to pay seem...very high...0_o
sjslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24 2008, 07:16 PM   #3
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Fan of: Favorite?
Now Reading: avidly

I paid £635 for a full set of dentures (I went private for them after three sets of NHS ones that didn't fit: and those each cost around £160 each).

The new ones are very 'artistic'. He worked from old photos of me to work out what my teeth would have probably looked like by now if they had still been my own. So, I don't have twenty year old teeth in a 60+ face. Oh, and the palate is clear plastic so that, when I'm singing, people don't see all that bright pink plastic.

My original crowns (eight of them) didn't cost me a penny as I had them done at the Dental School at Guys Hospital. There's only one smilie to use here:

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

The Pedants are revolting! (against bad grammar)
P'ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25 2008, 12:02 AM   #4
kevia
Ballybran Resident

Tuner

Fan of: Nimisha's Ship
Now Reading: Crystal Line

Several years ago, I had one of my molars get abscessed. It was going to cost about $600 for the root canal, and another $600 for the crown I also needed. I had him pull the tooth. I just couldn't afford to put $1200 dollars into a tooth. I didn't and don't have any dental insurance. That wasn't in the last year, but I thought it might be helpful.
Old Nov 25 2008, 12:27 AM   #5
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow

That does seem a bit high to me. I know things in Ca. are higher there than here but still...

You might try a dental school. They usually do a good job and are a lot cheeper.

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25 2008, 01:28 AM   #6
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Sara...Like you, I also have a crown on one of my front-ish teeth, thanks to a tortilla chip a few years ago, that didn't want to be eaten...but that one only cost me about $250.oo. Of course that was with insurance paying their fair share. Thankfully I do have good insurance...but it seems that insurance these days just doesn't go as far as it should or use to.

Peter... I acutally don't know of any dental schools in my area...but even if I did I really don't think I would want to trust my mouth to a student...Lord I've had bad enough luck with a full fledged DDS's.

Keivia...seems you and I were in a similar predicament...only yours was a larger tooth. Now I think I would have had them pull them also...and gone with a bridge. It would have been a lot cheaper if I would have...and I wouldn't ever have to worry about having it pulled later, because of more teeth troubles...which will cost me even more by then

Maw...My daughter lives in NC too, and is a dental office manager for a rather largish firm. According to her the prices there are very similar to ours out here. Like I said to Peter above, I just don't think a dental school would be right for me. Anyways the work is all but finished, and I have paid for all but the finished crowns...so I think I need to have it finshed by the dentist who started all of this farce....but that will be the finish for me in that office.

The stories of childhood leave an indelible impression,and their author always has a niche in the temple of memory from which the image is never cut out to be thrown on the rubbish heap of things that are outgrown and outlived........Howard Pyle
Old Nov 25 2008, 04:08 AM   #7
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Can't help you there Maelin, still got all my perfect teeth and the only thing that is ever being done to my teeth is cleaning/checking twice a year and once I had a wisdom tooth removed (one of two as I am a mutant and have only two).

My insurance covers the cost of full dentures and partial proteses completely (of course, cheapest for the insurance company ) and crowns, bridges etc. re covered up to $325 dollar per item wih a max of $2000 per year with all other costs Root canal treatments are always completely covered as is dental surgery, fillings, anaestesia, hygiene, xrays, extractions etc. Just to give you an indication. What prices actually are I wouldn't even know.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25 2008, 05:20 AM   #8
Farclas
Inactive

I've just had root canal work done on a bust incisor as preparation for a crown. Not nearly as unpleasant as I'd been led to expect. Neither was the bill - £65 ($98). The crown has yet to be done, but I was told £120 ($181).

I have really crap enamel and my mouth has fallen apart, despite being absolutely conscientious about brushing morning and evening.I think a lot is down to your genes. My three children have reached age 30 and 28 x 2 (twins) - and none has so much as a filling. Unfair!
Farclas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25 2008, 05:28 AM   #9
Joz
Inactive

Fan of: The Crystal Singer

I had a crown done on a back molar in July and before insurance it cost me $1300 in Australian dollars (Sorry, can't remember how much the insurance paid out for it, less than half that). But I know it depends on which dentist you visit, some charge a lot more!
Joz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25 2008, 05:43 AM   #10
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Maelin: it may be the student's hands doing the work, but the brain is that of their tutor who actually decides what they do, how they do it, and MOST importantly, supervises each step.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
C. S. Lewis

"I find television very educational. Whenever somebody switches it on I go in the other room and read a book." (attributed to Groucho Marx)

Old Nov 25 2008, 10:03 AM   #11
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Fan of: No One Noticed The Cat

I think what this actually comes down to, whether it was too expensive or not, is whether you get along with the dentist. If you don't, it sounds like it's time for a change. I also have a crown on one tooth, but it's been in there for years. When it was put on it was very expensive for the time, but I don't remember now how much. Good luck!
Priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25 2008, 10:46 AM   #12
Hans
Master Archivist

Farclas, I am of the opinion that people ruin their own teeth by brushing twice or sometimes even more times per day. If you haven't fantastic enamel (like I obviously do) than it is the end fot your teeth.

Further more (and most of the dentists don't want to agree with me... no surprise) am, like you, of the opinion that the quality is mostly down to genes (hereditary) and saliva (the enzymes or whatever in the saliva break down the bacteria of the food).

The tootpaste terror is a million dollar business and they just want to sell paste and brushes and subsequently come up with something "new" every six months (like the shaving companies like Gilete etc.) People believe it and are forced to go along because it is socially unacceted to have a "bad" reath in today's society (while virtually everybody had bad breath before tootpaste was invented). If you do want to do something about breath eat certain stuff or buy mouthwater but leave you teeth alone or brush with simply water. Tootpaste is DEATH for teeth but great to sand down furniture and other things with or polish things with!

Non sugar chewing gum cleans as do other things you chew as ong as they are not to sweet or acid.
I know todays food and feeding habits don't help but it can be done, I am the living proof

Oh, and it is of the UTMOST importance to rinse your mouth with good whisky every day! (unless you don't like the taste of whisky. In that case you are exempt but it would be nice to give a bottle of whisky now and then to someone who does believe in this aspect of the treatment.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Old Nov 25 2008, 11:37 AM   #13
granath
Talent
Tower Prime

Fan of: Afra Lyon
Now Reading: Faye Upton: Dragonchoice 3

You can get toothpaste without abrasives...

I had to have my two wisdom teeth pulled two years ago (like Hans I'm a mutant with only two), which cost less than 50 euros for both, including local anesthetic.

I should call and schedule another appointment because pregnant women get dental work for free on our NHS! At least a checkup and fillings if necessary.
granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25 2008, 12:14 PM   #14
Farclas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
SNIP
Oh, and it is of the UTMOST importance to rinse your mouth with good whisky every day! (unless you don't like the taste of whisky. In that case you are exempt but it would be nice to give a bottle of whisky now and then to someone who does believe in this aspect of the treatment.
Hans - Holding you in the highest regard (as I do) I deferred immediately to your suggestion. Quite simply the best mouthwash in the world; it is sluicing past my gums even as I type.

Edit - It is with you (in spirit, of course). * sends Islay fluences wafting towards the Low Countries *

Last edited by Farclas; Nov 25 2008 at 02:06 PM.
Farclas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25 2008, 01:55 PM   #15
edith
Dragonrider

Weyrwoman

Fan of: Most of them :)
Now Reading: Don't You Have Time To Think- RP Feynman

Looks nice .
There's a bar in town that stocks my favourite "mouthwash" but at 6 euros a glass I think I might have to wait until Christmas.
edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25 2008, 02:18 PM   #16
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

Most toothpastes are based on either chalk or fuller's earth.

I did find one (Swedish) that claimed to be based on enzymes collected out of wine vats (I think it was called Vade Mecum)

C. S. Lewis

Old Nov 25 2008, 04:03 PM   #17
Hans
Master Archivist

Farclas, I'll make do with the 18 year old Glenfiddich for tonight...
Never tasted the one you are displaying the (probaby) empty bottle of

Yes, Edith, buying whisky, let alone a single malt, in a Dtch bar will set you back

Old Nov 25 2008, 11:38 PM   #18
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Hans...NO tooth paste ???....But what happens when
water doesn't get your teeth clean?
I have heard of people that use flavored breath sticks, that
they rub on their teeth to keep them clean, and smelling fresh.
I can also see where your whiskey mouthwash might be a great
idea, as it would certainly kill anything and everything in your
mouth...

I brush at least twice a day, with Sensodine toothpaste...helps
with my teeth sensitivity lately. I also use Dentex floss brushes
after every snack, I even carried them with me and used them
while I was in Europe. I hate to have any food left on my teeth.
Mostly my teeth are going to hell in a handbasket, because of
the all breathing meds I have to take these days...that and quite
a bit of bone loss all over due to arthritis. It's hell getting old
Yes I do agree, it's mostly genes with me too.
As for bad breath...I don't offen have it, as I always seem have
my stash Werthers Orignal [sugar free] with me...as you well know

Perhaps I should try what you and Farclas call mouthwash and see if it helps any...WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOPIEEEEEEE

Old Nov 25 2008, 11:48 PM   #19
Becky
Coelura

Fan of: Fav character - Lunzie
Now Reading: Love reading Lanen's books too

Hans, I first thought your post about not using toothpaste or brushing your teeth poor advice, but upon reflection I think that there might be a little bit of truth in what you say. I have always had poor teeth (some genetics involved there I do believe) since a young age, but I always brushed my teeth twice a day. Had cavities and ended up with a mouth full of fillings. But my brother brushed once a day if that much and never seemed to have any problems! He may have one or two cavities. Not fair! Then I had to have braces and in order to avoid having a band around my teeth I brushed three times a day. My son doesn't have many teeth problems and I know he doesn't brush very often. His wife is always after him to brush.
So maybe there is something to it.
Oh, I too am a mutant with only two wisdom teeth. Both of which have been removed.
As to Lin's original reason for this thread. I had a crown a couple years ago and think it was $500 or around there. I didn't have to have a temporary, the tooth broke in half and they just put something over the exposed part till the crown was ready. But it was all included in the main price. Good luck with it all, Lin!!
Old Nov 26 2008, 12:02 AM   #20
Kibbie
Jewel Junk

Fan of: Harper Hall Dragonsong
Now Reading: Dragon rider and Dragonsong

I have found that going to UVA for medical problems is much better than going to a normal Dr. office. UVA is a teaching hospital. They tend to LISTEN to what I say and run more test and stuff than at a regular Dr. office would. I know that they are a lot cleaner then a lot of hospitals. I think that since they are teaching they make sure everything is done correctly. I would go to a dental school if I had to have dental work done & had the money to get it done. I have no insurance at all.

This is Mawra. I did not check to see if Kibbie had logged on. I should have.
Old Nov 26 2008, 12:02 AM   #21
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Becky...here in the U.S. we have such a statis towards our teeth. It seems they need to look perfect...doesn't matter if they really are, just so long as they look like it. I have to give Hans his due, as it all is starting to look like a huge racket, devised to sererate us from our money. Lately quite a bit of money from me....ugg. No Anne collection additions this year for me...just two teeth...sigh!!!
Thanks for all the good thoughts..it is very welcome, as all my teeth problems have put a dimer on my holidays...looks like it's going to be pureed turkey, and dressing for thanksgiving...ugg!!!

Old Nov 26 2008, 05:08 PM   #22
Emeraldrose
Holder
Drudge

Fan of: Dragonriders Series
Now Reading: The Great Hunt Robert Jordan

I can't help with the dental cost comparisons as my daughter had recent work but cannot remember the price...I had 3 wisdom teeth all removed..She had 2 wisdom teeth removed last year...My husband had wonderful teeth no cavities etc til his mid 30's...He had a back injury at 30 and the medicines over the years have caused such severe dry mouth that he now has some dentures
Regarding genetics etc my aunt commented some years ago that her teeth were crooked and yellow but would need a sledge hammer to put a cavity in them while my uncle had beautiful white straight teeth that were swiss cheese with cavities...
Emeraldrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27 2008, 12:25 AM   #23
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Emeraldrose...I can certainly understand your feelings...as right about now I kinda wish I had gone ahead and had them pulled too !!! As now it seems I have an infection, it hurts like crazy,and I am having to take a weeks dose of Antibiotics...

Old Nov 27 2008, 03:54 AM   #24
Hans
Master Archivist

Oh dear, poor Maelin. Definitely not your favourite November / Thanksgiving

Old Nov 27 2008, 06:06 AM   #25
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

So the cries of "Mush! Mush!" I can hear dimly echoing from afar, aren't Hans calling up his Huskies to get to work in todays climate change; but Maelin calling for her breakfast.

C. S. Lewis

Old Nov 28 2008, 11:10 PM   #26
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Hans...thank you for your caring thoughts...and no...its not my favorite Novermber on record...but hopefully it will be getting better soon

Peter.........unless you talking about me having *mush* for breakfast...now there you'd be fairly close to the truth, at least right now.

Old Nov 29 2008, 03:46 AM   #27
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

But of course I was.

C. S. Lewis

Old Dec 8 2008, 10:45 PM   #28
paul
Muskie

Fan of: Menolly in Dragonsinger.
Now Reading: "The God Delusion" Richard Dawkins

Lady Maelin - i'm a brit relocated to Oklahoma 2 years ago and have had 2 root canals and one crown since i got here - my costs are comparable to yours i'm sorry to say...the dentist has told me i need my wisdom teeth removed and is estimating the cost as just over $1000 - doesn't sound very wise to me...
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8 2008, 11:24 PM   #29
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Hello Paul, welcome to MoM...I am so glad to hear that your
hear with us in the U.S., but very sad to hear that you have been
hit with what some of us here consider, very expencive dental work.
I hope that your dental problems do turn out a whole lot better
than mine have so far.

Today I got my permanent crowns in...and after I had been
home for a while and eaten my very lite dinner, of soup and
sandwiches...I realized my new teeth were moving...just
slightly but moving none the less. Lord you would think that
at that price they would have the decency set still, and
behave themselves.
Now it seems that I am going to have to go back to the
*filth and foul* dentist, and see if they can do something...
or find out... if ...I have just wasted $1857.oo...AARRRGGGHH!!

Old Dec 8 2008, 11:49 PM   #30
paul
Muskie

Fan of: Menolly in Dragonsinger.
Now Reading: "The God Delusion" Richard Dawkins

Thanks for the welcome Lady Maelin and I'm sorry to hear of your dental woes...on fact on of my root canals has been causing me painso I went back to my dentist and he told me that it is possible the specialist dentist he sent me to will have to go back in and clean out the infection..."you're root canal is slightly twisted at the end and it may be they couldn't get all the dead nerve out...sadly you can't get your money back" he told me. I figured that if a plumber doesn't solve the problem, the customer would most likely either (a) get a refund or (b) get the problem fixed fornothing. Seems as if dentists have a different modus operandi...cos i will have to pay again! So i (almost literally) feel your pain...
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9 2008, 11:36 PM   #31
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

That does seem to be the way it works at the dentist these days.It seems that no matter what goes wrong at the dentist...you have to pay...and pay and pay. Seems the best way to go is to have them all pulled out, and go with false teeth..then and only then are you mostly free of the vicious cycle...well at least not until you need to get a new set made...................

Old Dec 10 2008, 03:00 AM   #32
Sandi

I wish there was a realistic way of holding doctors and dentists accountable for their mistakes. In some circumstances you can sue them but that can take years and usually the only people who gain much from it is the lawyers. No wonder they say they "practice" medicine and dentistry.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10 2008, 06:07 AM   #33
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

And what's the pass mark to graduate from dental/medical school? 50%?

C. S. Lewis

Old Dec 10 2008, 05:19 PM   #34
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Sandi...you have once again hit my nail right on the head. I have so often wished that their was a more standard charge for certain medical services...dental being my biggest gripe. You can go to three different doctors [dentist included] and get three different discriptions, causes and treatments...all for the same ailment. That doesn't lend itself to a great deal of trust between doctor and patient...sigh!!!

Well Peter...I must be wearing about 50% of my dentist passing grades then...but certainly no more. He must have flunked his chair side maners lecture....AARRGGGHH!!!

Old Dec 16 2008, 12:33 PM   #35
Cherlyn
Crafter

Fan of: P.E.R.N.
Now Reading: 'Winds of Fate'by Mercedes Lackey

Mutants? What about someone who had no wisdom teeth? Never had to worry about the freakin' things but unfortunately, I have made up for that as my other teeth have crumbled... I had two teeth pulled the day before Thanksgiving last year and the dentist didn't deaden my mouth enough when he tried to pull the two teeth; couldn't tell if it was the hollow one or the one broke off that was trying to abscess. I still have a sliver of one in my mouth. I was in more pain after the dentist was done than before... I was screaming by the time the pharmacy got done filling my antibiotics and pain meds. Right now I have 3 teeth hurting in the same quadrant - one with a gold crown, one hollow, and one snag. I want to go to the oral surgeon and have the rest removed - Mom had dentures by age 24.
The only problems are no insurance and no money to use towards having it done so here I sit with bad teeth...
A 4th gen Okie to boot - any place I find that might help me I don't qualify for.
Cherlyn (Cheryl #2 - "The Okie One") aka The Cheesaholic, Chocoholic Packrat and seeker of anti-ques and junque...
Click:. . .F.R.O.G. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .@<. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
"I just got back from the hospital. I had a speed reading accident; I hit a bookmark." ~ Unknown
Cherlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16 2008, 06:29 PM   #36
Shalyn
Inactive

Location: Loo-a-vull / Luhvuhl / Loo-ih-ville / Loo-a-ville / Looeyville / Lewisville Oh, Heck. Kentuckiana.
Fan of: Dragonflight

I just had to have a crown put on one of my teeth last Tuesday - cost me $239.00.

I've had several teeth pulled also...I know that having them pulled was less than $100. The last one I had pulled cost me $16.00.

I've never had a crown or root canal go over $250 in Texas, Ohio or Kentucky.

Because of the teeth I've had pulled, I'm getting a partial. That is costing me somewhere around $250 also.

So...it may be where you live. Or the dentist.
Shalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17 2008, 12:53 AM   #37
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

WOW Shalyn...that is cheap. Everyone I have talked to says that I am paying just about the going rate out here. Your so lucky that its only costing you that much, lets hope it stays that way for you.

Cherlyn...I am so sorrry to hear that you were in such horrible pain...no one should have to leave the dentist in more pain than they went in with. Seems your dentist didn't even graduate with Peter's 50% notion...sigh!! I hope that you will be able to get your teeth fixed soon...and that you won't have anymore pain.

Old Dec 17 2008, 07:03 AM   #38
Cherlyn
Crafter

Fan of: P.E.R.N.
Now Reading: 'Winds of Fate'by Mercedes Lackey

I am up this morning because the 'toothache' woke me this morning around 3am... the pain left because I felt a pulling sensation as the nerve died... now to get rid of the sinus infection that goes hand in hand with the problems of my upper teeth.
Cherlyn (Cheryl #2 - "The Okie One") aka The Cheesaholic, Chocoholic Packrat and seeker of anti-ques and junque...
Click:. . .F.R.O.G. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .@<. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
"I just got back from the hospital. I had a speed reading accident; I hit a bookmark." ~ Unknown
Cherlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17 2008, 04:20 PM   #39
Lady Maelin
Master Artist

Cherlyn...I do hope that your feeling better soon...especially with Christmas coming. Good Luck!!

Old Dec 17 2008, 05:11 PM   #40
P'ter
Crafter

Craftmaster

I was getting s-i-l's epilepsy meds this evening and there sitting on the pharmacy counter they had these packs for travellers: d.i.y. dentistry.

I thought of you lot and wondered whether to buy a few and send them out as secret santa type gifts.

C. S. Lewis