A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room > Collector's Marketplace

Collector's Marketplace Have some books you'd like to sell, trade, or give away? Looking for a particular item? Post about it here! Please read the forum guidelines first.

Old Jan 25 2009, 01:39 PM   #1
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Fan of: No One Noticed The Cat
Default Cross stitch items

I've been cross stitch sewing for about 25 years now, and never expected to sell anything. However, I believe "never say never" is a very good expression to live by, don't you?! I have some trivets and coasters that I thought were cute and I have a purpose behind wanting to make some extra cash. My daughter's boyfriend is a music education major at university, but he's also in a band (bass player) that wants to make a full length CD to sell. Because they are not signed to a record label this is expensive, so I thought I'd help out our Mike and see if I could make some extra money for his share of the recording.

I have one each of the trivets made and a set of the coasters. I was thinking $25 for a trivet and $25 for the set of coasters, with a couple dollars added for postage. The trivets are 6" square and the coasters are about 3 1/2". Each blank trivet costs me $7, and each coaster is $2, so I'm not really making much, this is just for fun and to help the kids out. If there's enough interest I'll take orders, and if there's no interest - I have a huge jump on my Christmas gifts for this year! So, without any more gabbing on my part, here they are:

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...;20For%20Sale/

I don't have paypal; however, the kids do, so if this looks like anyone wants one I can get their information or I can take a check or money order.

I thought someone might be interested in hearing the band Mike is in. These are older recordings before he became a member, so "naturally" they sound better now!

http://www.myspace.com/forgetparis

Last edited by Priscilla; Jan 26 2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: adding Forget Paris info.
Priscilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2 2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Default Re: Cross stitch items

I've finished the set of dragon pictures minus the trivets for Shalyn and also did up a set of the cat pictures without the coasters. If someone would like the cats I was thinking that the first one to "shout" can have them for $15 for the set. Not sure I can go that low all the time, but first time buyers should get a 'special' rate, I think!

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...t=DSCN0481.jpg
Old Apr 5 2009, 09:28 AM   #3
Shalyn

Location: Loo-a-vull / Luhvuhl / Loo-ih-ville / Loo-a-ville / Looeyville / Lewisville Oh, Heck. Kentuckiana.
Fan of: Dragonflight

Items were received in absolutely lovely shape last week. Many apologies for not saying anything sooner - I am still unpacking and moving from one place to the other.

They are so beautiful. I will now search for something to mount them on so I can display them!
Shalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5 2009, 11:19 AM   #4
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

Hooray! I'm glad you like them!
Old Apr 11 2009, 09:13 AM   #5
Priscilla
Super Stitcher
Craftmaster

I'm sorry to say that at least for the moment I will have to take the dragons and cats "off" the for sale table. I won't be around for quite a while and it would not be fair to have someone request something and me not see the request. I'm glad you like them, Shalyn.
Old Apr 11 2009, 07:28 PM   #6
Shalyn

Location: Loo-a-vull / Luhvuhl / Loo-ih-ville / Loo-a-ville / Looeyville / Lewisville Oh, Heck. Kentuckiana.
Fan of: Dragonflight

I'm glad I got them before you went on hiatus!
Shalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2009, 09:23 PM   #7
Gwina
Talent Telempath-Healer

Fan of: white dragon, tower/hive
Now Reading: Insurgent, The Last Apprentice, Damia (again)

Your work is fabulous Priscilla. I hope you can sell more in the future. I wish I had gotten here sooner!
"Whatever zapped me seems to have burned off the outlived dross and stupidities any human collects along the way. I don't mind being two hundred and fifteen years old. In fact, it's fun, in a bizarre fashion."
Gwina is offline   Reply With Quote