A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Exhibit Hall > Craft Techniques and Processes

Craft Techniques and Processes Discussion of the techniques and processes we use to write, create art, take photos, etc.

Old Aug 3 2009, 12:45 PM   #1
D. M. Domini
Talent
Finder

Fan of: Afra Lyon, and Robinton!
Now Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix
Default Plotbunny Adoption Center

I have some plotbunnies from time to time. They're good plotbunnies, but I don't need them (and, I don't have the necessary background to use them).

Plotbunny 1:

Jaxom, Sharra, and Kids all kick the bucket. (Plague, assassination, whatever...just kill them off.) Toric tries to make one of his kids Ruatha's new Lord (since his sister was Sharra, and his sister's kids were his nephews). Maybe even make his kid one that fostered at Ruatha, played with Jaxom's kids, etc. People who don't like that stare F'lessan down grimly as if saying, "Well? Ruatha's used to having a Lord that has a dragon, and it's not like you're fighting Thread again anytime soon. You're also the only one left with Ruathan blood...in fact, yours is purer than Jaxom's was..."

#

Anyone want to take the plotbunny home and make it grow up big and strong? (I don't have the time, or the background on non-Harpers to write it.)

Fanfic WIPs: The Day Benden Went to War (Pern/Talent); Slosh (Pern); Weyrbred Lads (Pern); When You Fall Asleep /Between/... (Pern)

Completed Fics: Flight (Pern), Flight v2 (Pern), Golden Glow (Pern)

D. M. Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7 2009, 11:59 AM   #2
D. M. Domini
Talent
Finder

Fan of: Afra Lyon, and Robinton!
Now Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix
Default Re: Plotbunny Adoption Center

Here's another one...

It's always struck me as odd that the Crafthalls pretty much run the show for EVERYONE in that Craft. You're not telling me that Old Men's Clubs in the Halls haven't sprung up? That young talents haven't been shut out due to political ploys? (As Menolly would have been if the Masterharper hadn't pretty much shoved her down their throats?) And that they haven't run off and found a patron (in a quirky young Lord or something) and just did their own thing regardless?

An interesting story might be about why the Wine Craft is split between two places. Are there seperate Mastervintners? (is that what they're called?) Or is there "one" with an "apostate" one at the other place (sort of like having two Popes)?

Fanfic WIPs: The Day Benden Went to War (Pern/Talent); Slosh (Pern); Weyrbred Lads (Pern); When You Fall Asleep /Between/... (Pern)

Completed Fics: Flight (Pern), Flight v2 (Pern), Golden Glow (Pern)

D. M. Domini is offline   Reply With Quote