A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Anne McCaffrey Collection > Beyond Anne McCaffrey
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beyond Anne McCaffrey We know Anne's not the only author you read and enjoy. Come here to discuss and discover authors beyond Anne!

Old Aug 26 2010, 03:56 AM   #121
Canker
Curlycorn

Default Re: Your last fantasy read

Just finished #6 of the Temeraire series Tongues of a Serpents. Well that series took a big turn for the worse. It was short which is about the only good thing I can say about it but it should have been even shorter. If it was a 100 page short story it would have been an okay story instead of being drawn out 280 pages with a lot of filler just to get a book out of it. After this book I don't really see where the series can go unless she switches over to a different character like Granby/Iskierka.

Last edited by Canker; Aug 26 2010 at 03:54 PM.
Canker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26 2010, 10:11 AM   #122
murphy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canker View Post
Just finished #5 of the Temeraire series Tongues of a Serpents. Well that series took a big turn for the worse. It was short which is about the only good thing I can say about it but it should have been even shorter. If it was a 100 page short story it would have been an okay story instead of being drawn out 280 pages with a lot of filler just to get a book out of it. After this book I don't really see where the series can go unless she switches over to a different character like Granby/Iskierka.
Does Iskierka ever get the egg from Temeraire like she wanted?

I just finished Victory of Eagles and enjoyed it pretty much. Now reading the Cal Leandros #2, Moonshine, by Rob Thurman.
murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26 2010, 12:34 PM   #123
WandaSue
Inactive

Fan of: Dragonrider series
Now Reading: Dragongirl

Rereading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan..on "Winter's Heart"
WandaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26 2010, 04:01 PM   #124
Canker
Curlycorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy View Post
Does Iskierka ever get the egg from Temeraire like she wanted?

I just finished Victory of Eagles and enjoyed it pretty much. Now reading the Cal Leandros #2, Moonshine, by Rob Thurman.
Guess it isn't a huge spoiler so I'll go ahead and so no she doesn't as of book 6 TOS. The way the book ends Granby and Iskierka are going to have a much more interesting adventure coming up than Laurence and Temeraire.
Canker is offline   Reply With Quote