A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > The Library Café

The Library Café Come in, relax, and get to know the other members of this site. Share your hobbies and interests, along with general news of your life.

Old Apr 17 2019, 06:37 PM   #4881
Zelandeth

Fan of: Dragonsdawn
Now Reading: Working my way through the whole Pern series
Default Re: What is happening

If you ever wondered what a slightly stoned one-eyed rat looks like, here you go.

Caption to what seemed to be going through his head during this period:
"Duuuuuuuuuude...wait...I have...whiskers!...that's...that's awesome..."

He's just sleeping off the tail end of anaesthetic having had his teeth trimmed. There are some deeper issues there, but his teeth not wearing normally was the thing needing the most urgent attention as it was preventing him from being able to eat properly.

While I was out at the vet this arrived back at home.

It is reassuringly heavy, and with a rated torque figure of 350NM it should hopefully be sufficient to get the pulley bolts out of the Invacar. I think if that doesn't do the job, next step will be to pull the engine and gearbox then just take the gearbox to my usual garage to be sorted. Having just got the engine running well it would be annoying to have to pull it out again!

As it was a nice day it seemed a good opportunity to get the Lada out for a decent run.

Would have been rude not to get it out for a good run really.
Zelandeth is nu online   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17 2019, 11:22 PM   #4882
Allen

Fan of: The Pern Series
Now Reading: Robin Hobb's Shaman's Crossing

Rats make pretty good pets, don't they. I used to raise them, a lifetime ago. One of mine started having babies of a color strain that, while known, hadn't been seen around the area where I lived. Instead of the usual white, or black or grey, or some combination pattern of those, mine were a pale tan, or tan and white. They had the pink eyes seen in all white rats. pretty color though, and they bred true. Rarely if ever got a black or grey out of them.
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM   #4883
Zelandeth

Fan of: Dragonsdawn
Now Reading: Working my way through the whole Pern series

They're really good pets. I honestly never would have believed that they could have such distinct personalities until I spent the first few months living with them.

The downside really is the tragic brevity of their existence. Think when these two remaining boys pass on we will hold off getting any more for a while. Doesn't really feel we can give them as much time these days as I feel they deserve, especially as we have the dog which makes letting them have free run time trickier.

I've fancied having some crested gecko a for a while as they do such a good job of being the comedy sidekicks of the reptile world...plus are really easy to care for once you've got everything set up right. Looked after they should live a decent chunk of time too so long as you're not massively unlucky.
Zelandeth is nu online   Reply With Quote