A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room > Collector's Marketplace

Collector's Marketplace Have some books you'd like to sell, trade, or give away? Looking for a particular item? Post about it here! Please read the forum guidelines first.

Closed Thread

Old Mar 13 2008, 08:14 PM   #1
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!
Books for sale

For anyone who's interested in some copies of Anne or Non-Anne McCaffrey books, here's some choice tidbits from my shelves......

Here's the item numbers, you need to search for on Ebay:
250225306744 Crystal Line

250225307129 The Ship Who Sang

250225307840 Black horses for the King

250225308573 The White Dragon

250222845210 Biggles x 2 books

250222847293 Time Gentlemen Please

I can't give the http version for it, thanks to Hans, I got photobucket up but haven't learnt how to do ebay yet. Momentarily lapse of concentration from having worked night shift early this week so please bear with me.

I hope to have more books up soon (Elinor Brent Dyer and John Marsden) as I'm selling some excess doubles so that my shelves are a little clearer for me.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a book to read or to add to their collections as well.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Mar 14 2008, 01:18 AM   #2
ghyle
Hrruban
Eighth Hrruban Speaker

Fan of: Pern & Freedom
Now Reading: The Umbrella Club / David Brooks
Default Re: Books for sale

Any poetry?
Old Mar 14 2008, 02:55 AM   #3
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

I'll have to ask hubby dearest, Ghyle, as he's the poetry freak and I don't know what he want to keep or sell but I'll ask him about it tonight and let you know over the weekend.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Mar 14 2008, 06:35 AM   #4
edith
Dragonrider

Weyrwoman

Fan of: Most of them :)
Now Reading: Don't You Have Time To Think- RP Feynman

I'll buy some EBD off you
Most of my copies wore out.
Old Mar 14 2008, 07:23 AM   #5
Deb
Inactive

Fan of: Pern of course!!
Now Reading: The Portrait of Dorian Gray

What are Biggles books? Are they the books about the war-time pilot? If they are, I may be VERY interested in them!
Old Mar 14 2008, 07:57 AM   #6
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Edith - EBD are all in readable condition or ex library (I say that because they do have crease marks, general wear and tear etc and that was before I got them. The ex-lib edition is probably the best of the lot, followed closely by 2-3 others, balance in average condition. I've tried to look after as best I can). Once listed, I'll post item numbers here.

Deb, yes, Biggles books are about the war time pilot (full surname is Bigglesworth) and are in extremely good condition. I don't collect Biggles myself but they turned up and so now listed "as is".

For all concerned, I try to be fair on p/h and if combining purchases, will post in one bubble-wrap parcel.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Mar 14 2008, 11:48 AM   #7
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
What are Biggles books? Are they the books about the war-time pilot? If they are, I may be VERY interested in them!
Are you also interested in foreign (read: Dutch) editions

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Old Mar 15 2008, 02:51 AM   #8
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Edith, EBD item numbers are as follows:
250225685581 Redheads at the Chalet School, (currently there are bids on this one - just letting you know so that I don't screw up too much when you look for it and go "yikes, what's Jube done to me now - gulp!!?!?!!")

250225686617 The Chalet School and Barbara,

250225684438 Jo Returns to the Chalet School,

250225687713 MaryLou of the Chalet School,

250225688330 Genius at the Chalet School,

250225689485 Headgirl at the Chalet School,

250225933475 Jo of the Chalet School.

Deb, Hans has some more Biggles books too but I don't know what titles they are so I'll let you 2 haggle about the foreign editions, I'll stick to the English versions.

Ghyle, hubby dearest hasn't had a chance to look. Although I may have a copy of a book we were discussing awhile back but I'll need to look for it and list it on ebay or I'll send the info via email to you as I've still got your email addy from when I was reading your essay, last year.

Hans, I've "spoken" to Cheryl and I'm still interested in her/your books but I've had to put some books up for sale so that I can buy hers/yours. Before I forget p/h can be a killer for overseas posting but will attempt to do my best for all, including MoM's people. Just mention you're from MoM if you're a winning bidder so I can write a decent thank you note which I do for all, anyway, but at least I can say hi, personally.

Thanks all for taking the time to have a look anyway!

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Mar 15 2008, 05:43 AM   #9
Hans
Master Archivist

I have found - when buying stuff on eBay from Australia - that their postal rates are not at all bad.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Old Mar 15 2008, 07:17 AM   #10
Deb
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Are you also interested in foreign (read: Dutch) editions
I'd have to check with my brother....he's the Biggles collector. He just moved recently and apparently his Biggles list was packed away....at least it was the last time I asked his wife. Maybe they have unearthed it by now....I'll ask this weekend and get back to you. Do you happen to have any English Biggles? Anyone??
Old Mar 15 2008, 06:00 PM   #11
Anneli
Weyrwoman

Now Reading: Dragonflight

Edith,

While not wanting to deprive Jube of a customer , if you're looking for paperbacks, there's a constant supply of EBD books on UK e-bay at around 99 pence plus Postage - including some multiple sets of 10 books or more for a ridiculously low price Hardbacks tend to cost more, and the price for some FE HBs is - IMHO - outrageous, but it's fun to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by edith View Post
I'll buy some EBD off you
Most of my copies wore out.
Old Mar 15 2008, 10:51 PM   #12
Deb
Inactive

My brother's Biggle's list is still buried not expected to be excavated for quite some time.... so I guess I will not be able to bid on your Biggles's jube.

Oh well....and maybe one day he'll finish his answer to me in regards to foreign editions of Biggles' too....... *sigh*
Old Mar 15 2008, 10:55 PM   #13
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Anneli . But it's entirely up to Edith, as you say and it depends on what's she's after too.

Deb, your brother is obviously having a "sibling" moment and it sounds like he's having fun, trying to work it all out. That's okay, he'll work it out eventually.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Mar 16 2008, 09:48 AM   #14
edith
Dragonrider

Weyrwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneli View Post
Edith,

While not wanting to deprive Jube of a customer , if you're looking for paperbacks, there's a constant supply of EBD books on UK e-bay at around 99 pence plus Postage - including some multiple sets of 10 books or more for a ridiculously low price Hardbacks tend to cost more, and the price for some FE HBs is - IMHO - outrageous, but it's fun to watch
Compared to Anne's stuff some of the HBs are like rocs eggs and they are desirable because Armarda cut stuff out of their books. Big chunks in a lot of cases!
Old Mar 16 2008, 03:14 PM   #15
Hans
Master Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
I'd have to check with my brother....he's the Biggles collector. He just moved recently and apparently his Biggles list was packed away....at least it was the last time I asked his wife. Maybe they have unearthed it by now....I'll ask this weekend and get back to you. Do you happen to have any English Biggles? Anyone??
I don't have english versions but are in no hurry to get rid of my Dutch ones, so if he's interested... remind me later if he is when he's sorted things out

Old Mar 16 2008, 05:30 PM   #16
Anneli
Weyrwoman

Edith, I know, I know I have a complete set of the CS Armada paperbacks collected by my Mother and me over a period of 25 years But - unless you're determined to have the original HBs - the solution now to Armada's appalling cuts is to buy the new GGBP editions which contain the original text and cost £10.99 including postage

www.ggbp.co.uk

Quote:
Compared to Anne's stuff some of the HBs are like rocs eggs and they are desirable because Armarda cut stuff out of their books. Big chunks in a lot of cases!
Old Mar 16 2008, 06:46 PM   #17
edith
Dragonrider

Weyrwoman

I know- I used to be a member of the EBD forum that's probably still out there somewhere.
GGBP only do a few though.
I can't afford the original HBs anyway.
My copies are mostly in pieces- the cheap binding couldn't keep up with my reading.
Old Mar 16 2008, 10:06 PM   #18
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

I've discovered the GGBP books as well but I've only got a few of them and some hardbacks as well - sorry Edi but don't plan to get rid of these too quickly as they're like Rocs eggs for sure. Most of mine, seem to be the Armada editions that's taken about 10-15 years to search for. I'm about 6-8 books off the complete set but when I was going through it 3 weeks ago before starting this thread, I sorted all my doubles etc out, plus lovely hubby dearest brought 2 books for me as well which is why I'm listing them as such. All I can describe them as is "reading copies only". I did discover though that "Jo of the Chalet School" has a misprint on the spine and reads "Jo of the School Chalet". Wonder how many other books out there have similiar concepts?

The only book I have had to relist is "Time Gentlemen Please" so please guys and gals, I'd really like to help my mum out with it and sell a few copies. She's coming up for Easter so if anyone wants a copy signed, please let me know through Ebay. Thank you.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Mar 16 2008, 10:57 PM   #19
Deb
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I don't have english versions but are in no hurry to get rid of my Dutch ones, so if he's interested... remind me later if he is when he's sorted things out
Thanks Hans....I'll keep you in mind!! (A Dutch Birthday present whether he likes it or not??!)
Old Mar 17 2008, 09:40 PM   #20
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

It'll be a good prezzie anyway for him, Deb.

Anyone else wants some help, post away.

I forgot to add that I found a "ALL THE WEYRS OF PERN" and it's listed on my ebay page but I forgot to get the item number for it. Type one of the above numbers in, click on my name and hopefully all my items for sale will come from my feedback page.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!

Last edited by jube; Mar 19 2008 at 05:51 AM.
Old Mar 20 2008, 07:12 AM   #21
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

The White Dragon and The Ship who sang has been sold. Sorry to disappoint anyone who was after them.

Ghyle, hubby dearest says he has a "Helen Steiner Rice" collection for sale but has yet to finish sorting them all out yet.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Mar 20 2008, 05:33 PM   #22
Anneli
Weyrwoman

Yes, but GGBP now own the copyright to the whole Chalet School series and are planning to release them all in the original HB text over the next few years So it's worth checking their site monthly to see what treats are in store

Quote:
I know- I used to be a member of the EBD forum that's probably still out there somewhere.
GGBP only do a few though.
Old Mar 27 2008, 12:23 AM   #23
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Most books have been sold, thanks to those purchasing them.

I have relisted the following:

All the Weyrs of Pern,

Time Gentlemen Please,

MaryLou of the Chalet School.

If any further books come to light, I'll probably start a new thread or rejuvenate this one again at that time. Thanks for putting up with me so far!

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Old Jun 30 2008, 10:14 AM   #24
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

All books sold, someone be a darling (Cheryl or Hans) and close this thread as being finished. Thank you!

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
Closed Thread