A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room > Collector's Marketplace

Collector's Marketplace Have some books you'd like to sell, trade, or give away? Looking for a particular item? Post about it here! Please read the forum guidelines first.

Old Jun 26 2008, 03:37 PM   #41
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: For Sale from Hans' bookshelves (McCaffrey stuff) (1)

Consider the two paperbacks reserved for you.

total weight now 1248 grams without packaging, so if you wanted any other paperbacks from what I offer, there's stil room

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26 2008, 03:41 PM   #42
Pernaficionado
Inactive

Fan of: Dragonsong
Now Reading: brainships

OOoooohhhhh. You Have More!?!?!
I could happily take all you offer on Anne, Hans, but I am starting to feel greedy!
Would any of the other MoMers like a crack at them first?
Pernaficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26 2008, 03:42 PM   #43
Hans
Master Archivist

The offers in this thread have been here already for a long time, PA

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Old Jun 26 2008, 03:50 PM   #44
Pernaficionado
Inactive

Hmmm. In that case, Approximately how many paperbacks(and packaging) would you estimate I have room for?
Old Jun 26 2008, 04:12 PM   #45
Hans
Master Archivist

About two mass market paperbacks or one trade paperback I guess.
The only other Pern UK mmp is a Dragonflight with light damage and there are tbp's of Red Star Rising (Dragonseye in the US and Dragonsdawn).
There's also a UK BCA hardcover of Chronicles of Pern: First Fall (mint condition).

Old Jun 26 2008, 04:15 PM   #46
Hans
Master Archivist

I've got thos books for sale on a Dutch, eBay owned site:

Red Star Rising:
http://link.marktplaats.nl/176817477

Dragonsdawn
http://link.marktplaats.nl/176817190

Chronicles of Pern hc
http://link.marktplaats.nl/176816580

Prices are in euro's (1 euro is $1,50) but if you would want one of them I'll charge you one dollar for the euro, so the euro price would als be the dollar price.

Old Jun 26 2008, 04:25 PM   #47
Pernaficionado
Inactive

I had these picked from your posted list:
Quote:
# Dragonsinger; Corgi mmp 6th 1984. Good copy with spine creases. David Roe art, light orange font for title. - 50 US dollarcents
# Dragonflight; Corgi UK mmp, 17th 1991. Spine creased, slightly damaged and slanted. Reading copy. Weston art. - 50 US dollarcents
# Dragonflight; Corgi UK mmp, 1st 1970. Spine creased plus normal shelf wear on edges and corners. Good copy. Psychedelic dragon cover. - 2 US dollars
But now I am eyeing that HC chronicles instead.
I think I am gonna have to make a couple of orders form you, Hans. do you know what postage would go up to for the next wieght class?
Old Jun 26 2008, 04:39 PM   #48
Pernaficionado
Inactive

Probably too much along with the cost of the books, at least for one lump sum payment.
How about I add the dragonsinger and dragonflight for 50 cents each to this order, and we settle it all. then I will place another order for august for the other ones that I want. If you find another buyer before then it would be fine, although I would be sad to miss out on that BCA Chronicles!
Old Jun 27 2008, 04:00 AM   #49
Hans
Master Archivist

If you are set on buying the books I'll of course put them on the side for you. I'm in no hurry and rather sell them to a MoM member then to somebidy else. So just say what you want and I'll keep it aside for you. I'll see what I can fit in the package at maximum (have to allow for secure packaging too).

The next weight class is 2000-5000 grams and is euro 24,45 economy = $38,43
So bigger packages actually don't get exponentially more expensive but for 6 dollars you can sent 3000 grams more...

Hmm, since it would dave on postage I could send it all in one package with you paying to Cheryl in two installments, how does that sound. That way you would save hugely on postage. We need to avoid you paying $30 again in August, ending up paying c. $60 while it could be done for $38!

So please, list all you want! I think this is the best solution, provided you promise to pay the second installment of course A promise is all I need. Well, a promise and an address

Old Jun 27 2008, 11:05 PM   #50
Pernaficionado
Inactive

ok, here is what i found for me, the whole list from the begining, and then we can figure the whole price.
The two HC we already agreed on, and the two paperbacks. plus
#Crisis on Doona. First Orbit mmp edition, 1993.
Euro 2.00 / US dollars 2.75 / UK pounds 1.35
# Dragonsinger; Corgi mmp 6th 1984. Good copy with spine creases. David Roe art, light orange font for title. - 50 US dollarcents
# Dragonflight; Corgi UK mmp, 17th 1991. Spine creased, slightly damaged and slanted. Reading copy. Weston art. - 50 US dollarcents
# Dragonflight; Corgi UK mmp, 1st 1970. Spine creased plus normal shelf wear on edges and corners. Good copy. Psychedelic dragon cover. - 2 US dollars
#Corgi mass market paperback edition of Pegasus in Space. 4th Corgi mmp printing
Euro 1.00 / US dollars 1.35 / UK pounds 0.70
#Doona Omnibus with the volumes Crisis on Doona and Treaty at Doona
Euro 2.50 / US dollars 3.40 / UK pounds 1.70
And your Chronicles book club edition that you have posted online for 7.00 euro which you said you would give me for 7.00 american
whew!
that is a big list, i hope it comes in under 5000 grams.
okay, if you will please make sure i haven't exceeded my weight limit and give me a new total, i will send off to Cheryl a minimum of half of it. I might manage to squeeze out the whole thing, i just have to see what I am working with!
Old Jun 28 2008, 03:04 AM   #51
Hans
Master Archivist

That is just over 3000 grams without packaging, so you are well within your wright limit

$ 27,75 for eleven books
$ 38,45 postage
total
$ 66,20

So, if you going for half now-half August option you should send a money order or check to Cheryl of at least $33,10 or any amount over that as you can comfotably handle.

Old Jun 28 2008, 03:22 AM   #52
Pernaficionado
Inactive

That is really awesome Hans! what is really cool is that total would probably only get me four books locally, and probably NOT any of those, especially with gas at about4,45/gallon out here right now! So I am really happy, and I will see what I can get to Cheryl at the end of next week. I need her to PM me her address, and do I make out the money order to her name or yours? it needs to be to who ever will cash it. I will respond with my name and address.
Old Jun 28 2008, 03:26 AM   #53
Hans
Master Archivist

Please drop Cheryl a PM and make the money order out to her (as your money will be used to pay towards postage I will owe her for my next batch )

Old Jun 28 2008, 03:54 AM   #54
Pernaficionado
Inactive

Got it!