A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum  

Go Back   A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum > The Mezzanine > Book Collector's Meeting Room > Collector's Marketplace

Collector's Marketplace Have some books you'd like to sell, trade, or give away? Looking for a particular item? Post about it here! Please read the forum guidelines first.

Old Jun 24 2008, 08:25 PM   #1
Pernaficionado
Inactive

Fan of: Dragonsong
Now Reading: brainships
Default Corgi paperbacks

OK, so I saw Hans' list and realized that I really love the cover art on those. I think the Corgi art is much better than our Del Rey. I would love to have a few of those, if anyone has extras. Lemme know what you think is fair. Please keep in mind that I need to keep in mind international postage.
I would like them to be in at least good condition please. I don't mind spine creases or a little shelf wear, but please no creased covers, after all, the art is why I want them!

P.S. Hans has posted first and has specific titles he wants, so answer him first. If there are extras of other Corgi Pern covers out there, I would like to know about them!!
Pernaficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25 2008, 07:56 AM   #2
jube
Dolphineer Journeywoman

Fan of: Dragons of Pern
Now Reading: Puzzles and my thesaurus!
Default Re: Corgi paperbacks

Hi, I do have some listed in the thread "Australian New Zealand Gather". Type it in the Search engine or alternatively type in Jube and it should also come up in the threads I've replied to. There's a list of 5 books there. Hope that helps. Postage and handling is about $12 for the 1st book, then gets a little cheaper for each book after that. But it greatly depends on where in the world I'm sending it to. PM me 1st and I can give you a definite quote on it, dependent on how many books you want. I am happy to exchange though if you have doubles of something.

Find me on ebay.....

Here'tis!
jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25 2008, 10:23 AM   #3
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

I think I have some spare ones, too. If you chose the more expensive option for your packahe with the hardcovers, PA, I can add several of them without you paying more postage.

I'll let you know what I've got when I'm home.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25 2008, 02:49 PM   #4
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!

I got the Renegades of Pern with the white spine and new face type (latest series) and the Dolphins of Pern from the series before that.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25 2008, 07:12 PM   #5
Pernaficionado
Inactive

OK, I have these duplicates:
Nerilka's Story
Masterharper of Pern
Dragonsong
Dragondrums
I have pics, But I don't have them posted online. I will email them to any interested parties
Pics are front cover and edition page.
I believe Nerilka is 1st ed mmp, by Del rey. I purchased it from a used book store to begin with so it has heavy spine creasing and moderate shelf wear on the bottom.
I believe MHoP is also 1st ed mmp and I purchased at a yard sale and I am sure it was their readers copy. Spine has single center crease and the edges look a bit "rubbed." Beautiful wrap around cover art though.
Dragonsong is a beautiful clean copy I purchased from the book store a few years ago. It is a Simon Pulse Publication with stunning cover art. No creases, no dings, Minor shelf wear on bottom edge.
Dragondrums is a Bantam publication that I got at a used shop. It is pretty worn. I do not know what caused it but about a week after I got the book home, the bottom of the spine started to curl away from the glue and paper layer. The book is still fully bound with no loose pages, it is more like the picture is coming up. you can see this in the picture. The corners are slightly rounded and the spine is creased. I don't know if this means anything to anyone, but, the art wraps beautifully around the cover and features Pieimur and Farli where Piemur is beating drums. It says "Rowena" by his right foot.
These few are relics left from my original paperback collection, before I embarked on my search for hard covers. I used to trade in the paperback version for credit on the hard bound before I developed a real appreciation for the covers.
My goal now is a complete Del Rel Hardbound collection, A complete Corgi paperback Collection, A complete companion text collection.
I have several that are in really awful condition that i picked up for under a dollar that are my readers copies. And I will search for more really scruffy ones for my reader's versions. They have to be scruffy I am a bathtub reader!
Old Jun 25 2008, 07:26 PM   #6
Pernaficionado
Inactive

Thanks, Jube. I was leaning more towards the Pern novels in Corgi edition at the moment. I might be tempted if postage weren't so high. I am in the U.S. and I have just discovered that the postage I will owe Hans will be almost $30!!! I imagine that books coming from Australia would have comparable postage and that is just too much at the moment.
I do know that i will pay a premium for books coming from the U.K. and that shipments are based on weight. I was hoping to find a sort of "grouping" of them so I would only have to pay the one premium on the shipping.
Thank you for the offer!