Thread: Acorna books
View Single Post
Old Jan 11 2010, 05:40 PM   #15
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: Acorna books

Eann, I have to disagree with you. I don't think you can see The Unicorn Girl as (totally) seperate from the story line of the (early) Acorna books. You probably mean that is itsn't a art of the series as a whole? I suppose, especially with the information you gave, it's logical that's it's not an integral part of the series and the plots of the tories are not needed for the series' books, but you can't see the stories seperate from the series as they have the same characters and especially a story like Mickey Zucker Reichert's "Trouble in Kezedet" loans heavily from the original series.
If you see Acorna's search for her people and subsequently for her love as the "main storyline", then you are, of course, eminently correct. To my feeling the stories are part of the series, but I'd be interested to hear what others say/think or if I misunderstood you somewhat.

And oh, I think it's an absolutely shame that life cheated you out of contributing a story to that book!

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote