View Single Post
Old Oct 5 2007, 11:39 PM   #6
Sandi

Default Re: (Potential Adult Topic) Dragons Sexual Selection

Dragons are not natural animals, they were created by humans. The person who had the most to do with their creation had strong feelings about "correct" behavior regarding sexuality. She engineered the dragons to impress male to male, female to female. It was determined that it would be better if more fighting dragons had male riders because pregnancy became a real problem, limiting the rider's ability to fight Thread. I think that green dragons found they had to either impress with a sympathetic male or die. I don't know how it came about that homosexual males also appealed to blues. Maybe it also has to do with "supply and demand" or some sort of empathy we don't really understand in the makeup of blue dragons.

I think it would be possible, considering the closeness dragonriders have with members of their own weyr, to come to some sort of arrangement during mating flights. Riders of all the participants would be gathered anyway. Those who are in "relationships" could pair off together, still maintaining contact with their dragons, and let nature take it's course. It might even be a sort of consolation to the rider of a "loser" if his/her partner's dragon wins. The joy of shared experience works both ways.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote