Thread: Crystal Singer: Favourite singer?
View Single Post
Old Oct 11 2008, 11:39 AM   #6
draconichybrid
Ssli

Fan of: Lessa/Killa/TTATH pentad
Now Reading: Random Rereads
Default Re: Favourite singer?

For me, it's Killa. Yes, she's bitchy and determined to get her own way. So what?

Killa is an alpha female -- a little of both comes with the territory. *shrug*
With most of her bitchy moments, at least she has the excuse of being emotionally overloaded at the time.

Of course, I'd be the first to admit that I'm biased in favor of alpha females, so....

[off topic]
I always seem to gravitate towards the alpha characters, particularly alpha females. Servility and stupidity happen to be the two biggest turn-offs in my mind -- I'll rate the intelligent, self-sufficient 'Plain Jane' higher than a ditsy supermodel. Go figure. *shrug*

Star Wars universe: Mara Jade, Tyria Sarkin, Mirax Terrik, Tendra Risant, and so on -- all 'take-no-prisoners' alpha personalities.
Anne McCaffery: Lessa, Tia, Sharra, Killa, Rowan, Tirla, Damia, Rhyssa, Laria, Flavia, ... well, you guys get the idea. Don't you?
With Iris Johansen, Catherine Coulter, and Suzanne Brockmann, it'd probably be easier to list the women I don't like. *shrug*
Misc: Karrigan (Green Rider); Morgaine, Viviane (Mists of Avalon); Riley Jenson (Riley Jenson Guardian series).
[/off topic]

Last edited by draconichybrid; Oct 13 2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: additional thoughts....
draconichybrid is offline   Reply With Quote