Old Dec 22 2004, 11:12 PM   #132
Moonlady
Triumping over Hell

Fan of: Crystal Singer series
Now Reading: Spirit Dances by CE Murphy
Default Re: Getting to know you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDtoBe
Hi, my name is V. Meredith Toenjes, and I'm underpaid...oh ummmm...

I am PsyDtoBe. A PsyD is a doctorate in clinical psychology. This is my educational goal. Should I actually manage this, I'll need a new login name, email address, AIM name, license plate...
However, that'll be little to do to finally be done with school. This, however, won't be any time soon since it's about 2 1/2-3 years from now just for my master's. I live in Kansas City, Kansas, USA, I hate this whole part of the country. I'm becoming less and less fond of this entire country every week. I have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and I am 2 classes shy of completing a second major in history, with an emphasis in American history. I just finished my 3rd semester of grad school.

I have 1 full-time and 3 part-time jobs. In order: an Independent Living program for teenagers, a domestic violence shelter, an Adult Detoxification Unit, an Adolescent substance abuse treatment center.

I share my life with my spouse, Jodi who recently got a promotion to Shift Supervisor at a juvenile detention center. We have 3 cats who have all been ized. Their pictures are on the ClanFiend MSN site. Jodi and I have been together for 6 1/2 years. Our extended family includes her parents, 2 younger brothers, their wives, my mother and many good friends. I'm 35, Jodi will be 30 in February. I'm planning a suprise party for her It's gonna have a Logan's Run theme.
It's hokey, but it oughta be fun.

We need more time together, fewer bills and a vacation, but otherwise, we're pretty happy together.

I enjoy reading, writing, video games, motorcycles, professional American football, women't tennis, movies, cooking for/with other, RPG's, spending time with friends, singing, playing guitar. Music in many forms (pretty much anything but opera and gangsta rap).

I was on the KTBB for 2 years this month, introduced to it when Jodi bought me A Gift of Dragons on ebook for xmas. I first read AM when I was 18. I had joined the sci-fi book club a couple of years earlier and had gotten The Dragonriders of Pern and The Harper Hall of Pern as 'extra gifts' for joining. I've read all but the last couple of Pern books, I started to read All the Weyrs of Pern and realised it'd been so long that I didn't remember a lot, so I re-read those two book club editions and am planning to work my way through. I've read the Talent series through Lyon's Pride and that's it.

And, that's a bit about me...

Peace, Meredith Psy
Hiya dear sis! We must throw a big party when you hold that MS in Psychology in your hand, then an even bigger one for your Doctorate.