Thread: Writing Process
View Single Post
Old May 28 2009, 02:17 AM   #35
Greenrider Dawna
Inactive

Fan of: Harper Hall series
Now Reading: This changes frequently!
Default Re: Writing Process

Hmmm... I could be wrong, but doesn't the term "slash" usually imply a sexual relationship? If Canth mates with a dragon that is paired with a male rider and F'nor has sex with said rider, then I suppose that could be considered slash.

I also agree with you, Weyrlady, and Lady Maelin, that the term does sound like something out of a horror flick! In fact, when I first came across it, I thought that that's what it meant!

In regards to the original topic, I actually did write a story a while back that was set on a planet with three suns. I placed them far enough away that the heat they gave off was relatively close to that of our sun and the people referred to them as "daystars." Had this been a novel, I most likely would have had to worry about how long it takes the planet to orbit all three suns, how they affect the seasons, etc. but since it was a short piece, I just focused on the immediate story.

D.M. Domini, thanks for the link to those nebula pics! They are beautiful and do inspire the imagination!
Greenrider Dawna is offline   Reply With Quote