View Single Post
Old Dec 22 2011, 12:12 PM   #13
Heath
Darbul

Fan of: Restoree
Now Reading: Longtime Companions-Harmful to Minors-Unwind
Default Re: When has Anne McCaffrey become answerable to Feminists?

Heath, are you a teen or early twenties, by chance?

Chuckling here. Not at all.

(It's not. Everyone knows it and some of it's been debunked, ditto Masters and Johnson.

It would help to not speak in innuendos.

frankly I can't really imagine asking her about it when she was alive, anyway.)

Not after what happened to her the last time she was run over by fans, no.

If you really can't get why modern readers might have an issue with almost all female characters ending in a Pernese equivalent of second potato to the men, sex is not your real problem.

How many medieval women do you know who played first potato to the men around them in the western world?

If you don't get what is not especially progressive, though extremely typical for 1970s fiction as opposed to current trends, about that, I suggest you're not in fact particularly well-read.

So enlighten me.

Or the difference between what's appropriate in sex-fantasy suggestion guide anthologies (they exist) versus what alleges to be a story about strong female characters and men who respect them, come to that.

Okay, run that by me again.

Do I understand this correctly? There is someone who decides what is an "appropriate sex-fantasy" (for people to have/write) and this is bundled together in a guide for what? Anthologies?

And just where does the "strong female character" (gosh how I hate these!) come into the context of "sex-fantasies"? Oh stop - "appropriate sex-fantasies"?
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote