View Single Post
Old Sep 12 2009, 02:19 PM   #4
Weyrlady
Dragonrider
Weyrling

Fan of: DroP/Canth fangirl
Now Reading: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
Default Re: Background for my first Pern base fan fic.

I think that's an awesome idea, Ginny!As Kath said, it'll be nice to actually read some Pern fic that's not based on Dragonriders. Dragons are cool and all. . . but you know. . .

Personally, I don,t have a more "formal" beta-reader arrangement for my writing, although it is nice to have others look at your work. I'm a big believer in writng workshops, either online or face-to-face, because it's really quite fascinating, as well as useful, to get other's perspectives on your story. I am currently finishing up my Master's thesis, and have decidedly gotten to the point where I'm tired of looking at my own stuff, so I just ask people that I know are good writers to read it for me and mark it up! This isn't like a 'class', it's more casual like, "Hey Dad, do you have time to read my literature review?"

So what I'm szaying is, another option for you is just writing a chapter or two or whatever amount, and just posting it here, or on the NKT, or wherever (some other writers are undoubtedly more of an expert on that than I would be), and getting people's feedback. Then taking whatever suggestions you feel are worthy and re-writing. There are some great writers on here, and it's great to here from them.

Or you can decide not to post anything until it is done. Whatever works!!
Weyrlady is offline   Reply With Quote