View Single Post
Old Jun 9 2007, 11:30 PM   #1
Deanne
Eskay

Fan of: The Ship Who Sang
Now Reading: Stranger in a Strange Land
Default Science Fiction Of The 20th Century Lim Ed Book= Fantastic!

OK, call me greedy for starting another new thread but I just recieved in the mail today a truely fantastic book! I got it off ebay and it's called Science Fiction of The 20th Century....An Illustrated HIstory by Frank M. Robinson........limited edition of 2000 copies.......this book is so much more than I expected! It was, as advertised, brand new and still sealed........it is a huge format book and comes with a great presentation box! It is very high quality with slate blue cloth covered boards, a ribbon marker and heavy high quality glossy pages......every page is colorful and has pictures of magazines, books and movies.......it is the history of science fiction as we know it starting primarily at the turn of the century with the first marketed publications. It has a very extensive history of all the early magazines (some of which I never knew existed) and pulps including alot of information about the writers and artists who contributed.......Anne's name is mentioned more than once.......have you gotten the idea that I am VERY impressed with this book and all the information in it? The same seller has another copy listed on ebay now, at the same starting bid which was approx. $25.00 and the shipping for this huge book was about $5.00! I couldn't believe that no one had bid against me for the one I got! If you can get a copy of this for yourself you won't be disappointed!
Deanne is offline   Reply With Quote