View Single Post
Old Jan 6 2008, 03:41 PM   #19
Greenrider Tresa
The Contrary
Planetary Brain

Fan of: The Ship Who Searched
Now Reading: The Calhoun Collection, Nora Roberts
Default Re: What would your Pernese job-description be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawra View Post
I think that glasses would have been on Pern. Also you "hear" dragons in your head, telapathicly. Not with your ears, so needing hearing aids would not be a problem for a dragon rider.

I spent most of my adult life as a pet groomer. Now I am a stay at home mom.
On Pern I would have done something with animals. If not dragons than horses. I would have wanted to live whare it is warm, near the ocean. Before the re-discovery of the dolphins, I would have probably worked in abeast hold. After dolphins, then I would have done ANYTHING to work with them.
I wish I knew more about dolphins than I do.

Can't rely on the dragon all the time... Dragon would have to be awake, and listening. And maw, to hear you in a normal conversation, without my hearing aids, we'd have to be almost intimately close, with your nose practically in my left ear. Understand? At that, you'd either have to have a very clear voice or I'd have to know it well enough to get the gist of of what you were saying.
Try doing that in a crowd. It becomes about 10 times harder. I don't even like to talk at meals because even with my aid on it's hard to follow conversations.

Akhenaton? (c. B.C. 1375)
Egyptian King and Monotheist

Greenrider Tresa is offline   Reply With Quote