View Single Post
Old Dec 6 2013, 10:55 AM   #2
mawra
Dolphin Friend

Craftmaster

Fan of: PERN
Now Reading: Dolphins of Pern and Queens ow
Default Re: Dragons: sentience vs. subservience

At one point is Dragon Song (I think) Mirrum asked Menolly (I know my spelling is off, probably way off) if she had showed or made boats out of something. She then said the dragons were playing with them by blowing them across the lake. That would indicate that they do socialize with each other when their riders were busy.

Also it is mentioned some where, I do not remember where, that they listened to music when it was played. There were a couple of times that the dragons were said to have been displeased with their riders action.

I think that when their riders were busy the dragons would so things to amuse them selves. Nothing is really said about what dragons do, other than sunning them selves, when their rider is not with them. I do think they could think and do things independently of their riders.

At least twice the queens responded to an emergency without their riders. When Canth fell and when the riders and dragons were attacked by the wild cats.

MEDDLE NOT IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS, FOR YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH CHOCOLATE

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

DRIVING SMART KEEPS YOU ALIVE
mawra is offline   Reply With Quote