D. M. Domini
Talent
Finder

Fan of: Afra Lyon, and Robinton!
Now Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix
Default Re: Damia cover concept art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Maelin View Post
Domini...I am amazed that you were able to find these...as most artist don't generally show
or keep their preliminary sketches...especially after finishing a painting project.

As you look at all three of these paintings, you can see the progression they took to the finished
cover painting...taking the best parts of the first two and putting them in the third one...to achieve
the beautiful polished look we get to finally see on the cover.

Thanks Domini for finding these and sharing your findings...
Kudos actually go to the guy who took photos of them and put them on the web. They're quite easy to find if you go looking for coverart...they're some of the first images in a google image search.

The site I found them on seems to be a site where art collectors "brag" about their acquisitions; I'm guessing the person who took the photos was able to purchase the preliminaries and final from Romas at some period in the last few years.

Which saddens me a bit, because I don't think I'll ever be able to get a print of the Damia coverart from an artist website if the original's been sold.

Fanfic WIPs: The Day Benden Went to War (Pern/Talent); Slosh (Pern); Weyrbred Lads (Pern); When You Fall Asleep /Between/... (Pern)

Completed Fics: Flight (Pern), Flight v2 (Pern), Golden Glow (Pern)

D. M. Domini is offline   Reply With Quote