View Single Post
Old Nov 29 2004, 02:31 AM   #39
Faren
Inactive

Fan of: Talent and Freedom Series
Now Reading: Invisible Prey, John Sandford
Default Re: Getting to know you...

Hi! What a nice idea for a thread.

I'm Faren (Barbara in RL). Picked the name Faren because I thought it was a pretty name and I needed something when I joined the KT a couple of years ago. That was my first online BB experience and it's been very positive.

Let's see. I'm married (22 years) with 3 children, ages 10,12,and 14. They're pretty terrific kids actually and my husband and I sure are enjoying watching them grow up...but it's happening awfully fast. I'm also a pharmacist, and work the night shift at a local hospital here in 2004's Hurricane Alley. Luckily for me, I have internet access at work, so I'm able to spend time online. I love my job...it's nice because there's always new things to learn (sometimes too many! ).

I've been an avid reader all my life, but didn't discover science fiction until 8 years ago. I was wandering around the library looking for ANYTHING new to read...and ended up in the sci/fi section. I perused the shelves looking for authors with multiple books because if I liked one, I wanted to be able to read another. And I ended up looking at a whole bunch of McCaffreys. I picked up one (think it was ATWoP) and figured out which was the first in the series...checked out DF and was hooked instantly.

I was so lucky to find out about Dragon*Con through the KT and attended with the kids in 2003. I got to meet a few people, and we all had a blast. That will always be a favorite time for me. Now I just have to manage to go again.

And I'm short too, Purp. Also 5'1".
Faren is offline   Reply With Quote