View Single Post
Old Jun 29 2021, 02:02 PM   #2
Cheryl
Master Archivist

Pronouns: She/her
Fan of: Pern!
Now Reading: Relentless Moon by MRKowal
Default Re: Signed Slipcased Editions

Yes! I own several of them, perhaps all the Brandywyne - it's been so long since I was an active collector, I can't recall if I managed to get all of them or not. Mostly they are of her romance/gothic novels, with Moreta being an exception.

There aren't nine different titles, you'll see on that list that several titles are repeated. I don't have my collector's handbook handy any more (my books are sadly packed at present, and I haven't actively collected in many years), but I suspect the difference between the double listed titles with clearly different pricing would have been for signed vs unsigned, or paperback vs hardcover (though that'd be odd for slipcovered versions), or some other variation.

I'm sure Brandywyne also published many other books, they can't have existed just to do a smattering of McCaffrey titles plus one Vance, but I think they were more into romance and thus don't have more listings with isfdb.

On another note... Frederick MD? I assume you live near there?! I'm in a Baltimore suburb, so not that far away! Nice to meet a relatively near collector/fan!
McCaffrey Quest: annual trivia contest.
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote