View Single Post
Old Dec 1 2011, 01:56 PM   #5
kindan

Fan of: Crystal Singer
Now Reading: David Drake - With the Lightning
Default Re: Pegasus Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
Anne's earlier SF books have a very different feel from her later ones. Not that it's bad, it's just a noticeable and interesting difference. There are also differences in her co-written books - the two with Elizabeth Moon are very distinct, for example.
Very true. Any author grows and makes more complicated/interesting stories, from what I can tell. Her early novels definitely feel much more like they've got a formula than the later ones. And that's just growing as a writer over time.

As far as the co-written ones, I think the differences are so big because it feels like it's the other authors' voices coming through much more than Anne's. I think for the majority of those it was written by the other author and sorta edited by Anne. Don't know that for sure, but that's what it seems like when reading them.

Finished Pegasus In Flight this morning. Great book. I feel like with these books she really speeds along through time so fast and there's so many compelling characters that there could have been a zillion more of these stories.