View Single Post
Old Jun 13 2014, 01:20 PM   #2295
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: What is happening

Moonlady, don't let it ruin your life, go with the flow. I know it ain't easy, no it is hard as hell but I was the same. My mother must have been in despair many times. I came to my senses at the ripe age of 29 when I went back to my studies and look where I am now! Head of communication for a big foundation with 8,000 client, 3,000 personel and 1,750 volunteers
My son had the same tendencies and I did not make my parent's mistakes and let him do, let him chose. He is fine now working a job for 3 days and being a self emplyed journalist the other days plus having his own small business and being important to a UK manufacturer of agricultural machInery in our country. Most important, he is doing what he likes best. When 18/19 and confronted with going to college or not he said to me: Dad, you always say, do the things you like in life and things will come your way. I could not refute that because that is indeeed my motto, so I said: true, you are right, do what you think is best. He did and he is happy and that is the most important thing. Trust me, it really is.

It wil take another 15 to 20 years before you can talk with him about this as an equal on the same level. By that time he might have kids of his own, but hang on in there, as long as he thinks he is doing the right thing without breaking the law he will be all right in the end. Hugs.

Mawra, Keeping my fingers crossed for your family! Hope things will be going to be positive in all ways for you and your loved ones. You family is in my thoughts!

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote