View Single Post
Old Aug 15 2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Hans 7 - flowers and animals

It's animals and flowers again...

This one I titled "Hanging on for dear life" as the gentle wind made the flower sway so much that the bee had to exert some extra effort to hang on. I took advantage of a calm moment and clicked... As you will notice the wind came from the left.

I can't help but be fascinated by the wasps and bees that visit the flowers and blossoms in my wife's lovely garden. This one I named "Almost over the top...". I also like the "composition" the extremely blurred background made, more luck in that than effort on my side but you need an amount of luck for good pictures.

We've lots of frogs in our pond and they sit and swim everywhere. This particular one thought a waterlily might make a nice place to "perch". This photograph is aptly called: "Beauty and the beast". I especially like the reflection of the lily in the dark pond waters.

All good things come in threes... Ice flowers (direct translation from Dutch, English name might be different) look like they're emitting light (even without me cheating a little by turning up the luminosity a little).

Near our garden is a very large pond (a "wheel" in Dutch) which is a leftover of a breakthrough of the dyke during the big disaster of 1953. A local heron obliged me by standing there, ignoring me. I couldn't ignore him...

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote