View Single Post
Old Jul 20 2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Hans
Master Archivist

Fan of: Pern!
Default Re: Photo: Farclas Miscellany_1

1. Well excuted and crisp, with great light on the horse and excellent depth of field, a good shot but... the composition or crop (?) does nothing for me. I suppose in a shot like this I want to see movement and at least the feet of the horse (preferably all four) Or was this one of those situation you couldn't improve your position without immediately having all kinds of erm... clutter in the shot?

2. Great picture, well executed, can't say much about it.

3. The reflection is great but unfortunately you can't do anything about the surrounding of it. Hadn't the modern glass canopy been there...

4. What a great shot. Also shows what great quality/sharpness can be had nowadays with an ISO setting of 800 (do you have that on auto or not?). I'm always rather self conscious and often too "shy" to take these kind of photographs but I do love 'em! And you also had a bit of uck with the shirt the guy is wearing! Great shot!

5. A marvelous shot! I love it. But when I wanted to know more about it I discovered it was a PNG and no exif data... So, you'll have to tell me more. Just a shot or composed? No flash but existing light right? Tripod or not or maybe the camera on a table the same as the one you photographed? Stock photo quality, you could sell this one (or maybe you already did? As it's a PNG )

6. Oh... oh.. Yes, cruel but also pretty (but I think I have said that before ). Speaking about cruel, I can outdo you there... what immediately struck me was that the portrait is either to warm or too red. Did you do that on purpose? So I took the liberty of using the automatic colour option in photoshop on it and erm... that doesn't particularly constitute being kind to her, does it? But it does, in my honest opinion, reflects the truth more? Colourwise. I can't judge that, you can

So, to avoid this lady thinking bad thoughts about me, I also applied that glamour action that I sent you and glamourous she is!

Hmm, maybe I should have added some red.

Visit The Pern Museum & Archives for all your Pern and Anne McCaffrey News and Resources!
The Pern Museum & Archives is the home of the Pern Encyclopedia and the Pern Bloodlines.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote