A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   The Information Desk and Suggestion Box (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   INVITE: Interactive Solstice Ritual on Pern(on Zoom or FreeConferenceCall.com) (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=9247)

Lets Gather In Pern Dec 22 2021 02:07 AM

INVITE: Interactive Solstice Ritual on Pern(on Zoom or FreeConferenceCall.com)

Greetings everyone,
I just found this lovely site on a search for Anne Mccaffrey book lover peers/friends.

Would love to have a holiday gather w/you all on zoom, or freeconferencecall.com, or some other free accessible medium ( but not type, as I have eye issues). Themed decor, attire, altars, etc encouraged, but optional. Going around the circle/table & inviting each person to introduce the self & either lead an interactive activity, or share something one would share on Pern...

& then magickal activities/ritual to maybe not completely 'Exchange'... but at least ~share~ our gifts🙂🦚🌈🪅🌬✨🌟💫🛸🎢

Make a dish w/your favorite holiday, festive, or Pern-ish food. Pull up a chair...

Plz let me know if you're interested. And if some of you are people that would like to gather for interactive activities once a month? Are there Anne Mccaffrey board or party games? If not we'll make some up, I make up games, activitues, rituals all the time.

Feel free to call 24 hrs ( I turn phone off when I go to sleep): 4102887611

Cheryl Dec 29 2021 08:29 PM

Re: INVITE: Interactive Solstice Ritual on Pern(on Zoom or FreeConferenceCall.com)

Sorry, I wasn't monitoring for new members and missed this new post needing approval until today.

With a longer planning time, something like this might be a lot of fun. I suggest perhaps planning something for Anne's birthday on April 1st, which is a Friday next year (or on the weekend) -- that gives enough time for preparations.

Lets Gather In Pern Dec 29 2021 09:20 PM

Re: INVITE: Interactive Solstice Ritual on Pern(on Zoom or FreeConferenceCall.com)

THIS IS STILL ON!: I decided I like the idea so much, + Christmas/Solstice/Yule so much, -- that I want to do it now; then every few months.

Plus I have other themes/activitues, & would like to gather monthly via zoom, or audio free conference call (or if folks are international we could use clubhouse for a free call for everyone(unless there's a better network for that now?).

Anyways, plz call, as remember I have eye issues, so can't plan thru typing here(but will post in event section when finalized). If you're international & it's a tow-call, I will be getting Signal soon(unless I find out about something better?), so then you'll be able to call free (if you get the free signal app).

(410)2887611

BD1 Dec 30 2021 10:47 AM

Wish I could participate, but I don't have a phone!!!

GinnyStar Mar 29 2022 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lets Gather In Pern (Post 212490)
THIS IS STILL ON!: I decided I like the idea so much, + Christmas/Solstice/Yule so much, -- that I want to do it now; then every few months.

Plus I have other themes/activitues, & would like to gather monthly via zoom, or audio free conference call (or if folks are international we could use clubhouse for a free call for everyone(unless there's a better network for that now?).

Anyways, plz call, as remember I have eye issues, so can't plan thru typing here(but will post in event section when finalized). If you're international & it's a tow-call, I will be getting Signal soon(unless I find out about something better?), so then you'll be able to call free (if you get the free signal app).

(410)2887611

I also have eye problems, I am now complete ly blind, after being
blindpartly sighted for over forty years, I understand your problems in a way, Where on EWorld are you? for we can fine ways to type up here, I use a progra m call JAWS and there is a program called NDVA which is free, if you have asmart phone, you can with help turn on a voice to help yo tell you what you need, sorry my own learning pa pa
problems sometimes get in my posts I have problems with english grammer and spelling and What is Happinging Part II I must mostly re-learn how to work here and I haven't quite got that all worked out, I have only been back here for a few weeks, or a months , being blind for a few years, and trying to learn when you have a hearing loss, and fighting with migraines and a lot of real life stuff has made it harder but let me welcome you via this post to here, a belated post., spring time greading and just ajust around thecorner is AMC birthday April 1, I am one who mimmnot the only one who miss es the dragonlady! Virginia AKA GinnyStar