A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Freedom (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   A Reader's Guide to Freedom (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=2672)

ghyle Jun 5 2006 06:22 PM

A Reader's Guide to Freedom

Is there enough interest in Freedom to warrant a collaborative stab at a booklet about Freedom? Sort of like the Dragondex, only larger, and with more detail.

It's something that came to me last night, between turning off the light and falling asleep. I often get ideas for books and essays that way. Very comforting, in a warm bed, and being able to doze my way around a topic.

Cheryl Jun 5 2006 07:13 PM

Re: A Reader's Guide to Freedom

I'd guess no. None of Anne's series inspires a sizable fandom besides Pern.

granath Jun 6 2006 12:30 AM

I doubt a booklet would raise much interest, I'm afraid. However, a website is something else again.

ghyle Jun 6 2006 02:39 AM

How about as a PDF document, available at one (or more) website(s)? Freely downloadable, as long as people remembered to credit it properly, that could work quite well.

Platinum Jun 6 2006 04:53 AM

I thinkthat'd be a good idea. I love the Freedom series!
Any chance of a non PDF For those of us whose computers decide they HATE adobe?

ghyle Jun 6 2006 08:19 AM

Since I've no problem converting from word processing documents to pdf, I could always send you one of the word processing files directly to you.

What features would you like to see as part of such a document? I've already decided character list and vocabulary. What else would you like?

Cheryl Jun 6 2006 09:14 AM

A guide to all the types of aliens is a must. :nod:

granath Jun 6 2006 09:19 AM

The books already contain name lists for all major (and as far as I know, minor) characters mentioned by name. It would be nice to have some biographical details. Cf. my Towerdex

Greenrider Tresa Jun 6 2006 02:41 PM

List of the animals and plants that have been named.

ghyle Jun 7 2006 02:49 AM

Such as, Granath, relationships to each other, potted biography, etc.?

Should be easily done.

I'll make a start on it after my last exam. I should have some time then.

The list of races, perhaps with quotations regarding appearance, etc., and list of flora and fauna are great ideas, and shall be included.

granath Jun 7 2006 08:23 AM

Oh, good. Yes, that's what I meant.

Brenda Jun 7 2006 02:29 PM

Be sure to clarify the relationship between the Eosi and the Catteni, and the different "levels" - Rassi, Drassi, Emassi

Becky Jun 7 2006 11:23 PM

Been a while since I've read the Freedom series. Good idea tho Ghyle! I plan on reading those next. So if I think of something while reading I'll certainly let ya know.

ghyle Jun 8 2006 01:39 AM

If you contribute towards it, you will be credited, of course, and it will become as much your work as mine. Only fair, after all.

Bowerbird Jan 13 2007 06:41 PM

If you get anywhere with this please let me know I am part way through a fan story on the Freedom series