A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Café Archives (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New Photos .... (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=5820)

Gidget2 Sep 25 2008 07:31 AM

New Photos ....

Hello!! :D

Now, a good few months ago I remember posting in a Thread here about how I was moving and therefore wasn't going to be around much until we had broadband installed etc etc ..... I alsoo promised photos LOL

Finally got around to taking a load (well, 23) and putting them on Photobucket and my Facebook!

Just as a tease, here is one LOL Hope it works ok ......)

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...hallwindow.jpg

So now you can know where I live ..... (don't judge me by the state of my kitchen table!!!!)

Lady Maelin Sep 25 2008 10:39 AM

Re: New Photos ....

Oh I LOVE the new appartment...the building has such lovely character and charm. Sooo when does your fur buddy get his lovely cone off...wink!! Is that interesting window plastered over? The fireplace is beautiful. Do you have any kind of yard for your dog? I hope that you will always be overwhelmingly happy here. Here's a toast to your new home:cheers:

Hans Sep 25 2008 10:42 AM

That pictures merits being in the new photography forum, Gidget :good:

Will look at the others tonight at my leisure; thanks for the thread.

Gidget2 Sep 25 2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Maelin (Post 120380)
Oh I LOVE the new appartment...the building has such lovely character and charm. Sooo when does your fur buddy get his lovely cone off...wink!! :

LOL Firstly, he is a she called Cassandra LOL Secondly, she has it off for meals and walks and that's about it. Unfortunately she suffers from a serious skin allergy and without the hood she nibbles and gnaws her feet, legs, knees, thighs, wherever she can reach until she is a bloody mess. She is on medication for it, and has been round the houses with testing and therapies, both mainstream and alternative, dietary and chemical, and she is as good now as she is ever going to get. Which is unfortunate, but necessary.

And the flat does, indeed, have a lot of charm!! It's one of the reasons that we decided on this one! Plus is was a lot cheaper than others of a similar size.

Quote:

Is that interesting window plastered over? The fireplace is beautiful. Do you have any kind of yard for your dog? I hope that you will always be overwhelmingly happy here. Here's a toast to your new home:cheers:
Plastered over? No. The view from that hall window that you see is the back of the building across the courtyard (you can see it in the courtyard pics too). The fireplaces are beautiful! There is another one in the master bedroom which isn't shown in the pic. Due to the landlord's insurance, we aren't able to use the fires, but that's ok - we can just look! LOL

No, the only yard that we have is the courtyard. On one side of the house is the street, then the other is the courtyard itself with buildings and then a small alley the other side of them. If that makes sense! LOL

However, there are plenty of places around here that she is walked in! Saying that, the lack of a private garden (plus the lack of designated off-street parking) is making us think that, come January when our lease is up, we might move on. But it all still depends on my surgery and things! :crazy:

Thank you very much for your toast and warm thoughts!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans (Post 120381)
That pictures merits being in the new photography forum, Gidget :good:

Will look at the others tonight at my leisure; thanks for the thread.

Thank you very much, Hans! I appreciate that! (I also had no idea that we had a photography forum here! Shall investigate in a moment ....!)

Lady Maelin Sep 25 2008 11:08 AM

I know about that kind of problems with your dog...we had one of our Sheltie's that had that problem. In those days they didn't have any meds to treat it...and no matter what we tried he would get at the wound. He finally developed a nasty infection that the vet couldn't clear up. He was in a lot of pain, and in the end we had to agree to put him to sleep. I hope your beloved Cassandra has a much better time. I have heard that the new meds work well most of the time....good luck.
Enjoy this appartment while you have it then....as it is a lovely place.

Gidget2 Sep 25 2008 11:14 AM

Mmmmm. She has had steroid treatments, immuno-suppressants, the works! Poor little monkey. But her current meds do seem to be keeping it at bay! She also has medicated baths twice a week to keep her skin as clean as possible

She has had nasty infections in the past, but luckily nothing as major as your Sheltie. I am sorry to hear about him. :sorry:

Well I could live here for another 6 months, to be honest :shhh: LOL There's a lot of plate-spinning at the moment. Or do I mean it's like a house of cards? :faint2: Anyway ..... thank you! :D

edith Sep 25 2008 12:52 PM

Ooh- it's a gorgeous place!

Poor Cassandra :(

Gidget2 Sep 25 2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edith (Post 120394)
Ooh- it's a gorgeous place!

Poor Cassandra :(

LOL Yes, edith, it really is!! *smug* :lol:

Don't go around feeling sorry for her!! She has her 'daddy' wrapped around her little finger, er, claw, er, paw ...... lol

mawra Sep 25 2008 07:54 PM

Gidget, what are you feeding her? When I was a groomer I saw dogs all the time with BAD skin alergies. A lot of the time the vet would not know the probem, but, once they tried a dog food with chicken and rice their skin would clear up. There was on dog that really stand out. The poor thing had hardly any fur left. The owner switched to Nutro Max and with it a couple of monthes the skin was fine & the dog had a ton of fur. My fav. food for dogs with alergies is Natural Choice. You might think about changing foods if you have not tried that before.

mawra Sep 25 2008 07:55 PM

I almost forgot you have nice apartment. The pics are very good.

Gidget2 Sep 26 2008 03:48 AM

LOL Thanks Mawra! We do like the flat itself. If it could be picked up and transported a little way out of the town centre then it would be absolutely perfect!

Thank you for the tip, but as I said, yes, she's done the entire gamut of dietary changes and everything. Her atopica has never been so bad that her hair has fallen out. She was prone to skin infections which never got to the severe stage. Now her medicated shampoo is enough to keep her shiny and sleek!

Talking of which, she has finished her breakfast now and is waiting patiently to go out for her morning stroll!!

Hans Sep 26 2008 04:11 AM

Looks like a very nice apartment :nod: but, boy, you need some art on your walls! :)

Gidget2 Sep 26 2008 05:35 AM

Thanks, Hans!

Well we are limited by our landlord and our lease, but I really don't mind the blank walls. It's very freeing! :D

Lady Maelin Sep 26 2008 11:14 AM

What:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO art on the walls:eek::faint2::faint: How do you survive...:lol: Well soon maybe a little something;)

Gidget2 Sep 26 2008 01:40 PM

LOL Lady M - If we found something that the both of us liked that much, then yes, maybe it would go up. But until that time, in this particular flat, I'm happy with the walls with no art!

And ...... big ;) back to you LOL

Hans Sep 26 2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget2 (Post 120494)
...I'm happy with the walls with no art!

I'm not convinced my friend *shakes head*

Gidget2 Sep 26 2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans (Post 120497)
I'm not convinced my friend *shakes head*

:D

As John Lydgate said: "You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time."

:lol:

Brighid Oct 1 2008 08:03 AM

Nice place Gidget, thanks for sharing the pics.

Gidget2 Oct 1 2008 02:13 PM

:D Thank you, Brighid!

(Oooh. Just noticed that I am now a Courier! Nice! LOL)