A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Book Collector's Meeting Room (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A couple of new items! (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=6060)

Becky Dec 2 2008 01:15 AM

A couple of new items!

I recently received a new (still in shrink wrap!) copy of Three Gothic Novels. I have a lot of ephemera regarding the publishing of this omnibus and have been looking for a nice copy to go with the papers, but never ever thought I'd find a copy still in shrink wrap! Who could ask for more!??! (ok to have Anne's signature, well that would be great!) :)

The other item I just received today!! I'm very excited about this as I never thought to have it to go with the tape Dragonsongs.

(we're looking at the Dragonsongs tape not the interview) :)

I received the sheet music....Menolly's Sea Songs!!! A special pre-publication edition with music by Joanne Forman and the words (of course) by Anne McCaffrey. It's only 7 pages long but oh so neat! I'm including pictures of it in its entirety for everyone to enjoy.

This was published back in 1983....this is the 25th birthday of this publication! What a way to celebrate! :)

P'ter Dec 2 2008 03:05 AM

Re: A couple of new items!

Those look fab, you lucky girl.

Did she ever bring out the Dragonsongbook?

GinnyStar Dec 2 2008 03:15 AM

Dragonsongs! Yep I remeber that one! :good: Its was so good, the poor tape copy of it was worn out, right in the beging of the tape. At my local libary. Just like a few others I recall. LOL

Also did the Dragonsongbook come out?

Hans Dec 2 2008 03:38 AM

What wonderful acquisitions, Becky :drool: :drool:
I especially love the cassettes, which I don't have in my collection and would very much like to find, especially the Dragonsongs one. But wow, are thise things rare or not?
If you need an idea for a Collecting Highlight... :)

Congrats on some great purchases! :good:

jube Dec 2 2008 09:53 AM

Well done.

Cheryl Dec 2 2008 02:26 PM

*radiates jealousy*

Congrats Becky, you done good! :good:

Becky Dec 2 2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans (Post 127372)
What wonderful acquisitions, Becky :drool: :drool:
I especially love the cassettes, which I don't have in my collection and would very much like to find, especially the Dragonsongs one. But wow, are thise things rare or not?
If you need an idea for a Collecting Highlight... :)

Congrats on some great purchases! :good:

LOL, Hans! Yes, I think a Highlight is definitely warranted for these two items!

Rare.......I'd say so. I've never seen the tape for sale since I found it, gosh, 9 or 10 years ago when I bought it. I paid a lot at the time but I think it was well worth it since another has yet to be found. And the sheet music, well, I'd never seen it before at all so HAD to have this one! The 'set' ya know. :D

P'ter - I don't know about the book but will find out when I manage to do the highlight. :)

mawra Dec 3 2008 12:04 AM

I am so jealous my eye are turning green. I have wanted the graphic novels since they came out. CONGRATS! Becky.

Becky Dec 3 2008 12:07 AM

You'll get them in time, Mawra! I had to wait almost 10 years for the sheet music. Patience......sometimes lots of it are needed. :)

Lady Maelin Dec 3 2008 12:32 AM

Oh my...:nod::dance::nod:this is so wonderful...I have never even seen the two tapes. What a fantastic addition to your incredible collection.:eek::faint2::faint:

Larry Dec 3 2008 12:34 AM

Congratulations Becky on an excellent set of goodies! Other than the recent auction, I have not seen any of these (tapes and songs) for sale anywhere!

But at least there is hope.....

Larry

Becky Dec 3 2008 02:17 AM

Larry......there is always hope!

Wow, I'll have to do a highlight on the Anne Interview tape too when the Luna I just got on eBay comes in. (that is if they're the same interview and I think they are!) So two highlights to do! :D

Maelin, maybe you'll get to see more of both in the future when I do my highlights. :D