A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Book Collector's Meeting Room (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   List of my English language Pern books (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=3717)

Hans Mar 16 2007 05:54 PM

List of my English language Pern books

I have updated my records and now have a list up (at my site) of the English language Pern books/editions I have in my collection; it is a list that also holds the titles for which I am still looking (mainly relatively recent paperbacks and a handful very rare, expensive books)

I am working on other lists but with several hundreds Anne McCaffrey books (this list alone holds over 175 books I own) and my many projects, it takes time...

The list can be found here: http://www.pern.nl/library/collection.html

edith Mar 16 2007 06:07 PM

Re: List of my English language Pern books

I have three books that Hans hasn't got :faint:
Rapp and Whiting DF
Sidgewick and Jackson Dragonsong
and a new style corgi ATWOP

ooh I also have a BCA edition of Dragons kin- does that count? It's not on your list!

Thogh you do have far, far, far more books than me!

There are some of the new style corgis in a second hand shop near me! Do youwant me to take a look and see what they are, in case thy're ones you don't have?

Hans Mar 16 2007 07:34 PM

Yes, please Edi. Do look at prices and as you know I collect for cover art variations the only prerequisite (sp?) is that the cover needs to be fine and preferably not too many spine creases and general wear on the book.

I think I remember that DF :D I think you bid against me on that book lot, didn't you? :D

Lady Maelin Mar 16 2007 07:35 PM

That is a huge wonderful collection...and not to many titles left on that list for you to find and buy. I need to get all of my books cataloged like you have...it would be wonderful to know how many and of what titles that I still need.

edith Mar 16 2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans (Post 66825)
Yes, please Edi. Do look at prices and as you know I collect for cover art variations the only prerequisite (sp?) is that the cover needs to be fine and preferably not too many spine creases and general wear on the book.

I think I remember that DF :D I think you bid against me on that book lot, didn't you? :D

dunno- there was only 1 other bid and I don't think it was you! You have quite a distinctive ebay name! I was tempted to go for the Sidgewick and Jackson Dragonsinger but I spotted that you were bidding and didn't! I don't think there's anyone else that'd use that particular name!
They seemed quite nice copies- I'll pop down next time I have a moment!

~(_'> Mar 18 2007 02:39 PM

So Hans, are you going to post the pictures of the covers?

Hans Mar 18 2007 06:51 PM

Eventually :) in a special section on www.pern.nl

The books that seem doubled on the list are actually cover art variations.

Deanne Mar 19 2007 03:11 AM

I know it's indirectly related to the Pern series but as it speaks of Anne's contribution to dragon lore being her Pern dragons, what about a Diversity of Dragons? And perhaps I saw it there but have already forgotten, what about A Gift of Dragons? That has Pern related material.........

Hans Mar 19 2007 05:11 AM

A Gift of Dragons is on the list, Dee.

Hmm, I think adding A Diversity of Dragons under various material is a good idea even though it doesn't hold a Pern story.

~(_'> Mar 19 2007 03:25 PM

Are you going to do the large print editions?? The Dragonflight cover is very nice. Can't speak to the others. Well. Dragondrums. But that is the same as the other. At least so far as I can tell.

Hans Mar 19 2007 04:42 PM

Not planning to, JJ, I've seen (and photographed) them at Anne's and at the moment I would be content with the data and cover pictures for the bilbiography.

Having said that, if a cheap one came along on internet I'm not so sure I could resist the temptation :grin:

Lady Maelin Mar 20 2007 07:25 PM

Hans, That will be a very interesting addition to the Archives when you get it put all together...I can't wait to see it!!!

Hans Nov 30 2007 11:04 AM

The list is updated again.

I have also officially passed the 500 books mark :eek:
I now own over 500 Anne McCaffrey books (not counting magazines, fanzines, pulps etc.)

:faint2:

edith Nov 30 2007 12:17 PM

that's a lot... :faint:

mawra Nov 30 2007 02:29 PM

I'll keep an eye out & if I see any I'll let you know. Pern books are kinda hard to find around here.

~(_'> Nov 30 2007 04:27 PM

Congrats on passing the 500 mark.

I have never bothered to count mine. I don't think it occurred to me to count them.

The magazines/fanzines stacks to just about knee high. However many that adds up to. Although even that does not really count. I mean, I know I have 3 people magazines. :roll: Not that I bought them for the same story you understand.

Hans Dec 1 2007 10:25 AM

I'm not into fanzines so I don't have many, mouse. I do have a goiodly number of magazines and pulps though.

I know the number because for insurance and research purposes I put them all in an Excell spreadsheet and after that it is easy to see how much there are :) Honestly, I couldn't colelct properly without the spreadsheet anymore as I sometimes ordered books I already have :lol:

Lady Maelin Dec 1 2007 01:29 PM

Oh I am so jealous of your spreadsheet list...:drool:...I want one too:bouncy:

I have been trying to convience my :heart: beloved blood hound:heart: ...that if he would please do me a spreadsheet of all my Anne, books and collection magizines, it would actually save us money from me buying one or more of them all over again.:ugg: Maybe for Christmas:bouncy:

P.S. Perhaps that way I would know how many books I now have...other than just looking around and calling it a room full of books:roll:

Hans Dec 1 2007 03:51 PM

If he wants my Excell spreadsheet as a template and to cut and paste from, just give a shout!

Lady Maelin Dec 1 2007 06:56 PM

Hans, Oh that would be fantastic:wekiss: ...Yes please!!! I would love to be able to load up all my books into an easier. program...but will it handle all my Anne books or only the Pern involved ones???