A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Exhibit Hall (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Exhibit Hall Guidelines (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=2033)

Cheryl Jan 30 2006 07:38 AM

Exhibit Hall Guidelines
The Exhibit Hall is meant for the sharing on any sort of artistic creation, from poetry and prose to drawings, photography, digitial art, and more. Please use an appropriate thread prefix when you post your work. The following prefixes are available:
  • Original fiction - An original work of fiction, in a world of your own creation.
  • Fan fiction - Fiction set in the world of another author (eg Pern)
  • Non-fiction
  • Verse - Poetry, lyrics, etc. in verse form
  • Art - Drawings, paintings, sculptures, digital art, etc.
  • Craft - Handcrafts, sewing, woodwork, etc.
  • Photo - Photography
  • Feedback - See guidelines on feedback threads below

Additionally, for those posting original fiction, you are strongly encouraged to indicate the genre of the story after the title (e.g. SF, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery).

Those posting fan fiction are strongly encouraged to indicate the world it is set in after the title (e.g. Pern, Brainships, Talent).

This forum is not intended for collaborative works in progress -- i.e. group story-telling efforts or role-playing. You are welcome to exhibit collaborative efforts in finished form (assuming that all contributors give permission and are credited).

Feedback is to be placed within the same thread as the exhibit, except in the case where an author expects to post a story in multiple parts over time. In that circumstance, the author should create a separate thread with the "Feedback" prefix and titled "[Username]'s [Title of work]".

Critical feedback is allowed, but please don't bash the artist. As always, follow the board guideline of being respectful to other posters.

Visual creations can be shared by use of the IMG code, which means your image(s) will need to be hosted somewhere online. Free sites exist for image hosting, such as www.photobucket.com, www.imageshack.com and www.putfile.com (this last one is also a good choice if you want to host video content, e.g. large files)

Written word creations can be shared directly, or links can be shared if the work is also found elsewhere online. For very long works which are also posted elsewhere online, a link is preferable to reposting the entirety of the work (though you might wish to post a shorter teaser). Members posting McCaffrey fan fiction are reminded to follow the current rules as laid out on her website.

It is presumed that you are the creator and copyright holder of the works you publish here. You are responsible for the content you publish and assume full liability should your post violate anyone's rights. The MoM Board assumes no liability for the content of posts, and will act to remove posts that do violate rights or whose content is deemed inappropriate. Should you know or suspect a copyright violation, please report the post (via the "Report Bad Post" warning icon in the postbit) and provide as much detail as possible.

edith Jan 30 2006 05:58 PM

Re: Exhibit Hall Guidelines
One question-
does the stuff have to be Anne related?
I'd most likely not post anything that wasn't-most of the non stuff I do is long term project, but I was just wondering?

Cheryl Jan 30 2006 08:51 PM

It does not have to be Anne-related.

Myt Jan 31 2006 12:36 AM

If I don't want to have my pictures on the net beforehand, is there a way I can put pictures on here?

Cheryl Jan 31 2006 07:47 AM

No, at present we don't allow the uploading of images to the MoM board.

PernesePhoenix Jan 19 2007 11:46 AM

would a culinary creation count?

or would they be better in Library Cafe?

Hans Jan 20 2007 05:19 AM

Yes, a recipe would count I guess; and a picture of the finished product would make it extra nice! :)

Brenda Jan 21 2007 04:51 PM

Too bad you can't send samples through the Net!

Cheryl Jan 22 2007 01:10 PM

If you could send food through the net, I think I'd have Hans cook for me most nights! :D

Cheryl May 19 2008 04:35 PM

Guidelines have been updated.

GinnyStar Jun 13 2008 12:56 AM

:ugg:I may have one, but right now can't find it :eek: It can be somewhat of a belated good bye to the crafert of The Atles (sp) of Per. I read her passing but at the time could not respond to her passing here in WI. no e-mail outbout till now. Brenda

I have read all of them some twists you have.

D. M. Domini Jun 17 2008 01:59 PM

Is it allowed to start a thread with a fanfiction challenge of some sort?

Idea just popped into my head while reading the "canon" thread, and someone mentioning Moreta II must have been a "Mary Sue". It might be interesting to throw down the gauntlet for folks who write--give an idea, or prompt, and see what everyone does with it. Wouldn't be collaborative, per se, but it would spawn a lot of fics (hopefully).

Cheryl Jun 17 2008 04:30 PM

That sounds fine, Portal, have at it! :good:

Multi-Facets Jun 21 2008 05:57 AM

Um.... I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but if a 'fic has been heavily edited and renamed, should the new text be put in its original post, even if the editing deadline has closed?

Cheryl Jun 21 2008 08:44 AM

This is a fine place to ask. If it's changed that much, you may put it in a new post if you prefer, just add a note to the beginning to let readers know (perhaps with a link to the older version). It can also go in the original post if you like, but I'd add it on as a new post and not modify the original.

Multi-Facets Jun 21 2008 03:52 PM

Cool, thank you very much.

GinnyStar Jul 18 2008 10:46 PM

Would a gift from my dad count? He gave it to me. He created the image. Had to use it as guide to set up anther one. He made the frame and all. He had someone who wamted tp buy it, but he told them it was a gift for me :D :blush:. Now that he is retired he can work on his landscape painting.

He found something we wanted to get for him, it just took a bit to get him to the shop in question!

Hans Jul 19 2008 04:56 AM

Anything you want to exhibit, Ginny :)

If you would post something really out of order, you'll find it magically disappears...

GinnyStar Jul 19 2008 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hans (Post 114193)
Anything you want to exhibit, Ginny :)

If you would post something really out of order, you'll find it magically disappears...

Thanks Hans, I well try and posted it. My dad said it took him three tried to make the frame. He had gotten much beter at doing it.

Allen Aug 3 2011 09:28 PM

In the context of a story, are there any restrictions I should know about regarding allowed/disallowed language and topics? I write around what I know, and the average biker isn't a refined gentleman. There might be passing references to smoking pot. But I don't want to step outside the rules.