A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   The Library Café (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM! (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=19)

Prouleth Feb 27 2019 05:02 PM

Re: Say Hello and Be Welcomed to the Library Café on MoM!

*waves*

*throws glitter on everyone*

Hi all! :)

*bounces off*

Deanne Apr 24 2019 09:03 AM

Hello all. I've been looking around the site and having a hard time finding recent posts. Is no one active on here anymore?I've had alot of changes in my life the last few years and wasn't active myself but had hoped the site was still thriving and active. It was so sad when I heard Anne had passed away but her worlds will be with us all forever. I'm glad to know the MoM site is still alive but wish I could help make it more active and known to McCaffrey fans.

P'ter Apr 24 2019 10:21 AM

Hi Deanne,

The place is very quiet at present; there're a couple of us playing word games but we lack anybody to lead discussions. I'm rather busy at University so haven't the time at present.

Dragon Fan Apr 26 2019 09:26 PM

People mostly float by now and then, I like spending some time each day playing the word games, the twists of words and just knowing there are new people popping in is nice, wish more would take the few min. each day to keep it lively.

elcreative2019 May 1 2019 10:13 PM

Just a quick hi, looks like a good site. I've been reading SF and Fantasy for around sixty years and collecting for around fifty. Got associated with fandom via Novacon 5 and was quite active for a lot of years up to Chairing a Novacon, Treasurer for an Eastercon, attending Brighton Worldcon and helping at various levels on other cons and groups as well as in retail.

Now gradually clearing some of my collection via eBay (need the income these days) to also ensure some of the good stuff ends up with people who will appreciate it and for enjoyment - it can be fun running auctions/sales...

Still reading, restarted digital gaming a few months ago and have been RPGing since D&D Original White Box and wargaming for years prior to that.

Cheryl May 7 2019 03:48 PM

Welcome, Elcreative! That is quite a long time in SFF fandom!

This forum is pretty quiet these days; it's heyday was before social media took over everyone's online time. But I hope you enjoy poking around and interacting with the handful of regular visitors we still have.

mara May 10 2019 04:37 AM

Welkome here :)

vyon May 15 2019 09:08 AM

Welcome

Ael68 Jun 4 2020 04:45 PM

New here!

Hi, I'm new here. I mainly write Magnificent 7 and The Sentinel fic, but I do love reading dragonrider fic and I have a couple of Pern AU stories in my Mag7 fic. You can find them here. http://www.pawfectmanners.com/fanfic/2010M7aus.html Warning, they are not completely canon.

Glad to have found you!

Cheryl Jun 4 2020 04:46 PM

Welcome, Ael68!

vyon Jun 5 2020 08:39 AM

Welcome

GirlFromPern Jun 6 2020 07:14 AM

Hi, my name is Molly. I live in Oklahoma. I "discovered" Mcraffrey" last Christmas with Dragonsong, and was immediately hooked. I've been slowly working my way through her collected works. I especially love both the Pern series and Crystal Singer.

Goldlizard Jun 17 2020 12:43 AM

I'm so glad I re-found this site! I was on here back in 2004 and then life got in the way and I haven't been in for Sooo long I had to re-register and start at the bottom.

I've missed the friendships I made back then, still remember everyone too.

I may not get on all the time, but school officially ends Friday so I have the summer to catch back up with people and the fun!

Goldlizard Jun 24 2020 06:53 PM

Hey everyone! I used to be on the old forums, but haven't been active for about 15 years. Long time to be gone, I know. I have 2 kids, the oldest is entering Middle School (6th grade) this fall and I have no idea where the time has gone. Seems like all I do is (was before we were quarantined and everything was canceled anyway) baseball, work, school stuff, and housework. Been reading a lot more this year though than I did for about 10 years. Kids are finally old enough to leave me alone for chunks at a time.

Anyway, I now work in the middle school he'll be attending as the Attendance Secretary and I love it. Miss the kids though...the halls are too quite lately.

I may not get in here every hour, but I'm just happy to be back!

Allen Jun 24 2020 08:16 PM

Welcome (back)!

P'ter Oct 2 2020 08:37 AM

Welcome David Thompson. Comer and liven the place up. Please?

McClance Nov 7 2020 09:25 PM

Greetings, all. Nice to see this place still kicking...sort of?

Returning after 5/6-year absence.

vyon Nov 8 2020 07:07 AM

Greetings McClance - please stay, we are still alive

Dragon Fan Nov 15 2020 04:26 PM

Welcome Back, Slowed down but still going !