A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   The Library Café (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   We have internet again (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=9101)

mawra Aug 10 2016 10:42 PM

We have internet again

We finally have internet at home so I'm back. At least until it goes out again.

The last few months have been rough. The sister that lives with us tore a ligament and has been out of work. She has disability insurance, so she has some income. Just not what she normally would. Her car has decided it no longer wanted to work so it is at mechanic.

My mother caught bronchitis. She got too weak to get from bed to power chair. and ended up at hospital. She got over the bronchitis quickly, but was still too weak to come home. She went to a rehab place. For the first few days she got better. Then she got dehydrated and her blood pressure dropped dangerously, She broke out in a rash from head to toe, caused by stage 5 kidney failure. Once they were able to her hydrated she got better quickly. A month later she was able to come home and is doing very well.

In the last few months we have HAD to replace the stove, clothes dry and washing machine. We have also had to have a repair on the refrigerator.

Worse of all my baby became old enough to by real grown up drinks. I am not ready for Kibby to be old enough to go to bars and stuff.

P'ter Aug 11 2016 06:17 PM

Re: We have internet again

Is your baby still collecting plastic bags?

mawra Aug 11 2016 10:18 PM

Yes, I'm going to get someone to sew them into a quilt type hanging.

mara Aug 12 2016 08:42 AM

well that's all done now. you can breathe again.:)

P'ter Aug 13 2016 05:55 AM

I might have a few more for her. You'll need to p.m. the address again though.

Hans Aug 13 2016 12:31 PM

Glad to hear you are back, Michelle, and that your mother is doing well again. Good luck with your sister.

GinnyStar Aug 16 2016 01:54 PM

Good to read, I was watching via Facebook, I have a working keyboard have a working keyboard, new out the box via a friend and it going to take time to break in, One of my mugs broke apart over the other one so only parts of it was working.

mawra Aug 18 2016 02:52 PM

Mom is back in the hospital with a UTI caused by a rare bacteria.

GinnyStar Aug 18 2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mawra (Post 200857)
Mom is back in the hospital with a UTI caused by a rare bacteria.

Zen friendship hugs if we could reach you we would physical but we can't via here electrical media, a twist on Anne McCaffrey and Mercedes Lackey Ship Who Searched to you and your family