A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum

A Meeting of Minds - An Anne McCaffrey Discussion Forum (http://forums.srellim.org/index.php)
-   Doona and Dinosaur Planet/Planet Pirates (http://forums.srellim.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Doona (http://forums.srellim.org/showthread.php?t=584)

Dragonsqueen Jan 8 2005 05:51 PM

Doona

You know, in all the years since I discovered Anne McCaffrey, I've never come across decision at Doona!!! So there are gaps in my knowledge there! :sorry:

SM Jan 9 2005 04:26 AM

Re: Doona

Decision at Doona was good, but the sequels were (in my humble opinion) better

Enjoy
:)

edith Jan 24 2005 06:26 PM

I've seen but not purchased Crisis cos I want to read decision first.
Is it still in print.
it doesnt appear to be an orbit book- they do t'other two, planet pirates, dino planet and brainship books
transworld lists it though but not the above titles!
dratted publishers!

bamsdragon Jan 25 2005 09:54 AM

Oh I loved all three of the books in this series. But then I love all the different series Anne McCaffrey has put out over the years. I can't tell you how many times her books have saved my mind over the years when things were piling up on me.. Getting lost in her words calmed me down enough to figure out that you can't sweat the small stuff.. if it's gonna happen.. it's gonna happen and you just have to deal with it.. It's easier to deal when your mind is at rest :) :think:

Lily Jan 25 2005 04:43 PM

The library is pretty good I have found
aha!!! remind me to start nagging them to get Todd's new one!!!!

Dragonsqueen Jan 26 2005 07:35 PM

I read treaty planet first, then crises, well it's the order I found them in, it's been so long reading those as well, I must find a library with them in sometime...

bamsdragon Feb 1 2005 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily
The library is pretty good I have found
aha!!! remind me to start nagging them to get Todd's new one!!!!

We have ten different *branch* Librarys here where I live so we can request books transfered to any of them.. which makes it nice since not all of them carry the same books so I'm assured one of them will have a copy... That's how I found out about the two books they have out that are roll playing games dealing with Pern.. one on the Masterharper and the other on Mirim (s.p. ..akk)

McClance Aug 18 2005 05:32 AM

I just started reading Decision at Doona. I must say, I think it's really good. I find it to be just as great as Pern, which are the only books that I have read of McCaffrey before now.

Looks like another series that I'll have to collect. :)

Lily Aug 18 2005 05:01 PM

I've recently re-read the Doona books. I really like them
But then, I find that what ever of Anne's books I am reading at the time is my favourite!

ghyle Aug 22 2005 06:42 PM

I've just finished Decision myself. I got it at a 2nd-hand book store.

If you're still looking for a copy to own, have you tried abebooks? I've just looked, and I note copies for $1, less than the cost of postage. Good for reading copies. :bouncy:

granath Aug 23 2005 04:09 AM

I have Decision and Treaty, but not Crisis.